How to find an apartment in Miaoli, Toufen?

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

How to find an apartment in Miaoli, Toufen?

Postby pengyou » 23 May 2012, 10:11

I am renting an apartment now in Toufen but I would like to move during the summer to a place that is much closer to the school where i teach - right now I have to travel 15 km each way. I know how to find an apartment near where I want to live but I need to find someone to either sublease my apartment - the contract is up 1/3/2013 or find someone who just wants to rent it. If I can find someone to rent it, I think my landlord will accept that and refund my deposit.

Any ideas? websites?
pengyou
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
Location: Toufen, Miaoli....yeah, basically in the middle of nowhere :)
1 Recognized(s)

Re: How to find an apartment in Miaoli, Toufen?

Postby headhonchoII » 23 May 2012, 17:21

http://rent.591.com.tw

Ask co-workers for help if they are willing.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1481 Recommends(s)
556 Recognized(s)

Postby superking » 23 May 2012, 17:46

headhonchoII wrote:http://rent.591.com.tw

Ask co-workers for help if they are willing.

+1 on the co-workers thing. Be selective about who you ask for help though, as it could take up a lot of their time and patience. Ask someone you have a good working relationship with. You don't want to cause any strife in the workplace.
The last time I wanted to move I mentioned it to a group of adult students and one of them helped me out...
There are millions of people in the world. And none of those people is an extra. They're all leads in their own stories.

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced. That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.
superking
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

81 Recommends(s)
304 Recognized(s)

Postby pengyou » 25 May 2012, 18:09

Thanks! What is the basic measurement of an apartment? Is it in square meters? or something else?
pengyou

ORIGINAL POSTER
Location: Toufen, Miaoli....yeah, basically in the middle of nowhere :)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby superking » 25 May 2012, 18:39

Yeah, they are measured in 'ping.' Wiki lists the size as 3.306 metres per ping, but I have heard there is a little bit of ' statistical smudging' when it comes to using a ruler for measuring. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwanese_units_of_measurement
There are millions of people in the world. And none of those people is an extra. They're all leads in their own stories.

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced. That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.
superking

81 Recommends(s)
304 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 25 May 2012, 20:26

A ping equals a double bed if I remember rightly.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1481 Recommends(s)
556 Recognized(s)

Return to Living in Taiwan