Re: China Air - I gather they have sorted out some of their troubles after the 737 burned up on the ground due to a leading edge slat bolt puncturing the fuel tank.
Yours is the first I've heard of the EVA cargo hitting a regional jet. Interesting...
So.... how about helping to put together a record of all Japanese kamikaze fields and air groups in Taiwan along with the sorties they flew? If one exists, it must be in Japanese, which I cannot read. I can't find a map of them.
1) Two airfields believed to be in Hualian, three believed to be in Yilan, but have only found locations of one each.
2) Supposedly they staged to an airfield offshore at times; was it on Yanaguni, Ishigaki, Okinawa... where???
3) Aircraft flown? I see they had Ki 43, Ki 61, and Ki 100. Anything else?
4) Units may or may not include elements of: 17th, 19th, 20th, 24th, 26th, 105th, and 204th.
5) All dates I have for assignments are in early to mid-1945. Anything before that?