Two foreigners caught out on TV

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Postby SCL » 29 May 2002, 15:36

Yes, and Western Europe is about the size of the Eastern half of China.

And...?
SCL
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

1 Recommends(s)

Postby streaminme » 21 Jun 2002, 16:44

I once saw a post on line saying one taiwanese girl got fucked up by five westerners. One of those pick up her and played fivesome in front of her quite often. It also said that before she was innocent, and now she is in that fun stuff too. So she got corrupted.

Someone I know went back home because she was raped by a local cab driver. She was pissed and grabbed a cab on her way back.

It is a stereotype saying that western culture is dominant comparing to ours, but as a prevailing adoring attitude towards westerners here, most of them do affect us in a way.

You ever saw an old gross letch with a stunning cute taiwanese girl? Maybe they are just doing some language exchange.

There's a friend speaking pidgin English with heavy accent but he still got a decent job teaching English just because he is white. Anyhow I cannot deny that Caucasians are cuter although they smell pungent. Sometimes we still get the unfair feeling why everything seems easy to them, girls, money, etc.

It takes two to get involved. Just be nice and open-minded. And wankers are still wankers no matter what language they speak.

the link is to a show about girls picking up white guys at bars.
http://ettvs.ettoday.com/ettvs/article/1-7886.htm

Tada~~ [img]images/smiles/converted/bawl.gif[/img]
streaminme

Postby ironlady » 21 Jun 2002, 23:02

Yeah, right: a link to a "Geraldo-like" TV show quoting a very small number of white guys who are not likely to be taken seriously by native speakers (I think there's some sarcasm going on here for at least part of the answers), plus (of course!) first-hand interviews with some ICRT DJ who does nothing more than say fairly general things about how he likes brown eyes, he likes Asian girls (now, those ICRT guys are clearly representative of Westerners in general!) The Drunken Foursome in the bar who are interviewed are limited in expressing themselves in Chinese (obviously!) and I doubt whether the Chinese editors and interviewers could tell the difference from them taking the piss out of the questions and giving a "real" response (although they'd had a few already and anyway they're four guys in a bar, what do you expect)? I mean, what's a guy in a bar going to say when asked, "Do you like Taiwanese girls?" "Well, I always evaluate women based on their overall characteristics, personality, and so on..." yeah right! I'm sure I could get four drunken Taiwanese men in a KTV somewhere to say exactly the same thing on tape about Western women without too much trouble, but I might have more difficulty if I went to interview, say, university faculty or computer programmers.

Overall, not exactly an insightful piece of social investigation. But worthwhile if only to watch the long-haired foreigner (some kind of aerobics instructor? hard to tell -- probably famous and I'm not recognizing him, but he has good Mandarin) try to explain how sex is something deeply spiritual for him.

I wonder about the effect of having a "xiaojie"like Taiwanese female interviewer do these interviews, too...?

Amateur sociology, cheap and endlessly fascinating.
Terry
Forumosan avatar
ironlady
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

Location: A place where people can't sleep or teach English in McDonald's
87 Recommends(s)
321 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 0- 0-1987

Postby poop » 22 Jun 2002, 01:24

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Thomas Jefferson:
[QB]Hispanics, Native Americans, Blacks, Pacific Islanders blend very nicely into the predominately white U.S.A. What is great about these peoples is that they actually see America as a melting pot.QB]<hr></blockquote>

Man are you out of touch with reality. Many Afircan Americans hate Amerikkka and DO NOT BLEND IN. How many mixed communities can you introduce to me in Amerikkka?
poop

Postby maoman » 22 Jun 2002, 02:54

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ironlady:
<strong>Overall, not exactly an insightful piece of social investigation. But worthwhile if only to watch the long-haired foreigner (some kind of aerobics instructor? hard to tell -- probably famous and I'm not recognizing him, but he has good Mandarin) try to explain how sex is something deeply spiritual for him.</strong><hr></blockquote>Yeah, his name is Jeff. Just the one name, Jeff, like Madonna or Cher. His Mandarin IS excellent - I'm so jealous. He's pretty famous in Taiwan, and a lot of the girlies think he's hot. According to local gossip, however, he bats for the other team, so to hear him talk about the virtues of Taiwanese women is like listening to a blind man describing the sunset! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Forumosan avatar
maoman

76 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby ironlady » 22 Jun 2002, 15:44

Well, if his sexual prowess is anything like the quality of his English teaching books, I don't think its much of a loss for those of us of the female persuasion. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Terry
Forumosan avatar
ironlady
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

Location: A place where people can't sleep or teach English in McDonald's
87 Recommends(s)
321 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 0- 0-1987

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Living in Taiwan