Why defend the Taiwanese?

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Why defend the Taiwanese?

Postby 90630 » 11 Nov 2002, 08:13

While I've noticed that most Westerners visiting Taiwan seem to have a good firm hold on reality I've met a few on the street and read posts on this website from several who seem bent-out-of-shape if you say anything negative about this place. Why is that?

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Closet Queen » 11 Nov 2002, 08:24

This topic has been discussed and raged about many times here. Could I politely suggest you search some of the old threads here and formulate your own view - if you haven't already!
"Honey, I've blown a guy just to get him outta my house."
Forumosan avatar
Closet Queen
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)

Postby JeffG » 11 Nov 2002, 09:12

Agree, please use the search function, you will find numerous threads about this topic in all of the forums. If you have questions please email me.

Thanks,

ATTN: American Citizens living in Taiwan, please support American Citizens Abroad - ACA http://www.americansabroad.org/

Americans living in Taiwan CALL your senators and representatives and ask them to repeal FATCA and support residency based taxation (RBT) for Americans living abroad! Writing a letter is useless! FATCA has been implemented and banks will be collecting your information here. In addition renunciation fees are now $2350! Insane!

The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.
C.S. Lewis
Forumosan avatar
JeffG
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)

12 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Living in Taiwan