Receipt and Taiwan Lottery

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Re: Receipt and Taiwan Lottery

Postby Abacus » 16 Sep 2012, 11:27

I have no idea how you could never win with 2000 receipts. You have a 5 in 1000 chance of winning 200NT. I agree though that it probably isn't worth it but maybe you get lucky.
Abacus
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

115 Recommends(s)
119 Recognized(s)

Postby Bu Lai En » 16 Sep 2012, 15:28

Yeah, I always win 200, sometimes more - biggest haul 1400. You can check them while watchign TV or something. It's no big chore.
I have news. Good news from Notting Hill. The consignment of white gold for Mr Anderson has arrived.

http://theboolion.wordpress.com/ Image
Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

15 Recognized(s)

Postby adguy » 16 Sep 2012, 16:17

Yeah, maybe it's just my luck. I do have notoriously bad luck.

Back in the states when I would go to Vegas with friends, I would lose everything I budgeted for gambling within in a couple of hours... I wasn't betting stupid or taking crazy risks, I would just literally not win even a single hand of blackjack,not hit a single number in roulette, not get anywhere in craps — never anything in any game at all. It's really quite impressive in a very sad way. But then I would have to spend the rest of the weekend standing around watching my friends play, to broke to go to a show or anything to keep myself entertained.

Since the receipt lottery doesn't involve purchasing tickets, I thought it was worth a shot to see if my luck would turn. Nope. Simple not in my stars. :aiyo:
Forumosan avatar
adguy
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

13 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 16 Sep 2012, 21:40

Then give the whole shebang to someone else. They may strike gold.

My then gf in Taiwan always gets a few winners each two months. Many 200nt sometimes 1000nt and twice 4000nt (which needs to be taxed, the lower numbers not).
Savage - what a nice performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMCMjEb68ds
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

567 Recommends(s)
364 Recognized(s)

Postby Britt » 25 Nov 2013, 21:49

After a year of collecting, I've finally won my first fapiao prize! $1000 tax-free, woohoo! :yay: Now, to redeem it… it's from a $40 7-11 purchase, with the short receipt. I'll give it a shot using my ARC, cross your fingers!
Sometimes I update my blog and my Flickr. Maybe you'll like them, maybe you won't.
Forumosan avatar
Britt
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

49 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Bu Lai En » 26 Nov 2013, 19:16

Britt wrote:After a year of collecting, I've finally won my first fapiao prize! $1000 tax-free, woohoo! :yay: Now, to redeem it… it's from a $40 7-11 purchase, with the short receipt. I'll give it a shot using my ARC, cross your fingers!

I had no problem with the short receipt at the post office. He just got me to write my name and ARC number on the back.
I have news. Good news from Notting Hill. The consignment of white gold for Mr Anderson has arrived.

http://theboolion.wordpress.com/ Image
Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En

15 Recognized(s)

Postby Britt » 27 Nov 2013, 11:04

Cool, thanks! Next Friday, I shall redeem.
Sometimes I update my blog and my Flickr. Maybe you'll like them, maybe you won't.
Forumosan avatar
Britt
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

49 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby AAF » 18 Feb 2014, 14:32

Is it too late to claim 2013 7-8 prizes?
靜夜思》 床前明月光,疑似桌上飯。 舉頭望明月,低頭吃便當。
AAF
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

6 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby olm » 04 Mar 2014, 15:39

AAF wrote:Is it too late to claim 2013 7-8 prizes?

Yep, too late. Sorry.

http://www.etax.nat.gov.tw/etwmain/fron ... 0f&site=en

Uniform-Invoice Prize Winning Numbers for Months 07-08, Year 2013
[...]
In order to receive the prize money, a winner must fill out the form on the back of the uniform invoice and present this with his or her ID card at any post office from 2013/10/06 to 2014/01/06.
They shall grow not old
As we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We will remember them
Forumosan avatar
olm

Location: Scenic Bavaria, next to a former Messerschmitt factory
16 Recommends(s)
25 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Living in Taiwan