Another Western Foreigner Busted for Cannabis

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Another Western Foreigner Busted for Cannabis

Postby fenlander » 13 Jun 2011, 10:13

Another westerner was busted for selling pot according to the Apple Daily. Some 60ish guy called Allan from USA.
When will foreigners learn that Taiwan is not a good place to be selling Cannabis. :doh: Apparently he was even selling it to his students :roflmao: How dumb can one get.

fenlander wrote:An old American caucasian busted for weed in Dan Shuei. When will people learn that Taiwan is NOT drug friendly. I feel very sorry for this idiot as he will spend his retirement behind bars IF guilty as charged.
http://tw.nextmedia.com/applenews/article/art_id/33456031/IssueID/20110613

This one is bad press indeed. Selling to his cram school students what planet is this guy from? How stupid can someone get ?
Last edited by ThreadKiller on 13 Jun 2011, 22:29, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Quote with link added from earlier thread, and title changed.
fenlander
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
25 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Re: another westerner busted

Postby Enigma » 13 Jun 2011, 11:40

Gives all us old fat F's a bad name and "Alan" to boot. Lock the bastard up! And where the hell did this guy buy that ridiculous shirt. Must have been to Phuket recently.
Enigma
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)

15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby fenlander » 13 Jun 2011, 13:58

Enigma wrote:Gives all us old fat F's a bad name and "Alan" to boot. Lock the bastard up! And where the hell did this guy buy that ridiculous shirt. Must have been to Phuket recently.

At least he was not a pedophile as well that would have been too much! I also hope that all the students that he sold "it" to were over 18 years of age if not the pitch fork mob will be roaming the streets around the brass monkey tonight.
fenlander

ORIGINAL POSTER
25 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Postby touduke » 13 Jun 2011, 14:14

ooh a criminal foreigner and all the other foreigners shaking & trembling. Good that all those lovely Taiwanese are so friendly to us. God I think I have to gulp down some legal tranqulizers. I am getting nervous, what if another horribly criminal foreigners will be caught! What then?
Forumosan avatar
touduke
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

67 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby fenlander » 13 Jun 2011, 14:23

touduke wrote:ooh a criminal foreigner and all the other foreigners shaking & trembling. Good that all those lovely Taiwanese are so friendly to us. God I think I have to gulp down some legal tranqulizers. I am getting nervous, what if another horribly criminal foreigners will be caught! What then?

:ponder: whose trembling and shaking? Are you smoking pot? :roflmao: I am finding his shirt amusing to say the least :rainbow: He should have had shades on too to further incriminate himself :cool:
fenlander

ORIGINAL POSTER
25 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 13 Jun 2011, 14:33

Apparently, he was part of a "gang" of 5 that were arrested, if I am reading correctly.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

597 Recommends(s)
471 Recognized(s)

Postby Kawa » 13 Jun 2011, 15:15

Maybe he used weed as a mean to bang his students, who knows.
Forumosan avatar
Kawa
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

6 Recognized(s)

Postby Deuce Dropper » 13 Jun 2011, 16:07

I know the fact checking done by Taiwan newspapers is second to none, but do you honestly think this guy was selling weed to his students.

that seems preposterous.
Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

81 Recommends(s)
408 Recognized(s)

Postby Chris » 13 Jun 2011, 16:10

Kawa wrote:Maybe he used weed as a mean to bang his students, who knows.

Surely you mean, to bhang his students.

This post was recommended by jimipresley (13 Jun 2011, 16:16)
Rating: 5.88%
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

82 Recommends(s)
175 Recognized(s)

Postby Northcoast Surfer » 13 Jun 2011, 16:38

Deuce Dropper wrote:I know the fact checking done by Taiwan newspapers is second to none, but do you honestly think this guy was selling weed to his students.

that seems preposterous.
If it is proven that he was selling to his students, the judge will throw the book at him. After all, he wasn't just selling to the rest of us worthless foreigner scumbags, he was contributing to the degradation of the innocent youth of Taiwan! :no-no:

I'm personally pissed off with the guy simply for getting arrested wearing a Hawaiian styled flowered shirt. I wear those almost every day! Now, I'll simply be guilty by association. Big, old, white foreigners, wearing flowered patterned Hawaiian shirts are drug dealers! Shit! :doh:
Forumosan avatar
Northcoast Surfer
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

175 Recommends(s)
142 Recognized(s)

Next

Return to Living in Taiwan