Click here to go to our new forums at
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Differences: 建地, 農地 and 旱地

Can a foreigner buy...? Can a foreigner rent...? What about deposits? Bad neighbors? Unreasonable landlords? Miscellaneous problems?
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Differences: 建地, 農地 and 旱地

Postby marasan » 19 Aug 2011, 11:20

Does anyone know the differences, particularly as they relate to what can be built on the different types of land? For the last one (旱地), I'm not sure I got the character right but it's what came up on a search.
To give an idea of what I'm looking for, I know that for farmland (農地), you can build on 1/10th of the land. There's also a minimum amount of land that you must buy (I've heard 880 ping from one person who seemed to know what she was talking about).
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
Posts: 550
Joined: 16 Jan 2011, 15:00

Re: Differences: 建地, 農地 and 旱地

Postby forumosatw » 02 Jan 2014, 17:36

yes, they are different, the place where you can build a house which is most expensive, a place where for farming, you usually can not build the house (unless the land is big enough, about 756 ping, a place where is lack of water, usually no one wants it.
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Posts: 14
Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 13:55

Re: Differences: 建地, 農地 and 旱地

Postby Pingdong » 20 Jan 2014, 00:38

you might want to check your local land office, I think it may differ between counties. also note that although most people use ping for small lots and fen for larger ones, the government titles actually use square meters. Despite most realtors being shit at their job and knowing next to nothing, tell them to give you exact number in meters squared for anything truly reliable. it will be written on the title, they just have to go check.
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Posts: 1058
Joined: 08 Jul 2011, 03:20

   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Legal Issues in Real Estate & Housing

Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 1 guest