HELP! Water contamination

Can a foreigner buy...? Can a foreigner rent...? What about deposits? Bad neighbors? Unreasonable landlords? Miscellaneous problems?
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: HELP! Water contamination

Postby Icon » 18 Nov 2011, 09:38

Rodri,

If you are uneasy about the bath water, buy an attachable shower filter. It's about 2K but lasts about 3 to 6 months, depending on usage. My building's water is more roach tea tahn anything else, so I am happy to use this. Available at most departemt stores.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

596 Recommends(s)
469 Recognized(s)

Postby b4rodrig » 18 Nov 2011, 10:12

Icon wrote:Rodri,

If you are uneasy about the bath water, buy an attachable shower filter. It's about 2K but lasts about 3 to 6 months, depending on usage. My building's water is more roach tea tahn anything else, so I am happy to use this. Available at most departemt stores.

That's a really good idea, I feel like a dumbass for not thinking of it before. I'll get one tomorrow for sure. You wouldn't by any chance know how to say "attachable shower filter" in Chinese would you?

Thanks
b4rodrig
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 18 Nov 2011, 10:27

How'd you get them to come back?
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

281 Recommends(s)
282 Recognized(s)

Postby b4rodrig » 18 Nov 2011, 10:50

Tempo Gain wrote:How'd you get them to come back?

I e-mailed a couple of times. I was gonna start faxing and whatnot like Muzha -Man suggested, but they responded. Oh yeah, I included a bunch of tech jargon the private lab had sent me in the last e-mail, maybe that's what got their attention.
b4rodrig

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 18 Nov 2011, 11:18

b4rodrig wrote:...I e-mailed a couple of times. I was gonna start faxing and whatnot like Muzha -Man suggested, but they responded. Oh yeah, I included a bunch of tech jargon the private lab had sent me in the last e-mail, maybe that's what got their attent.

That's good to know. In general though, most agencies in Taiwan are horrible at answering emails.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

710 Recognized(s)

Postby b4rodrig » 15 Feb 2012, 00:33

For anyone who's interested, they came back a long time ago, but I'm jut getting back on forumosa to try and sort out another issue. They did the test and sent me the results via e-mail after about two weeks. According to their results, the water meets Taipei city standards. So, I finally stfu about it and moved on. I might post the results on here if I can in the future, just in case anyone's curious as to the testing details.
b4rodrig

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recognized(s)

Previous

Return to Legal Issues in Real Estate & Housing