WCIF information on court sales of property?

Can a foreigner buy...? Can a foreigner rent...? What about deposits? Bad neighbors? Unreasonable landlords? Miscellaneous problems?
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Postby Okami » 07 May 2012, 01:02

I'd like to start looking for property through court sales. How or where would I go to get a current listing of such properties?
Professor Walter Williams has remarked that he’s glad he went to college “before it became fashionable for white people to like black people.”
Forumosan avatar
Okami
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
8 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Re: Information on court sales of property

Postby Tempo Gain » 07 May 2012, 01:38

In Taipei, on district court websites I believe.

Here's a link: http://www.judicial.gov.tw/db/alx.asp
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

290 Recommends(s)
295 Recognized(s)

Re: WCIF information on court sales of property?

Postby Okami » 07 May 2012, 14:52

Where do you find the offices to put in a bid? It's not even clear to my Taiwanese coworkers.
Professor Walter Williams has remarked that he’s glad he went to college “before it became fashionable for white people to like black people.”
Forumosan avatar
Okami

ORIGINAL POSTER
8 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 07 May 2012, 15:51

It's done through the district courts, contact or check the website of the one in the area you wish to bid.
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

290 Recommends(s)
295 Recognized(s)

Postby Okami » 07 May 2012, 16:13

Where do I go to find the location of a piece of land? I have a plot address, but nothing else to tell me where it is.
Forumosan avatar
Okami

ORIGINAL POSTER
8 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Postby asiababy » 07 May 2012, 21:39

To find the land, you can try this, together with your GPS:

[url]easymap.land.moi.gov.tw/K02Web/K02Land.jsp[/url]

You'll need to check things like if there ability to have access or if you have to get permission from neighbors, if it's owned solely by the person selling their share or if it is under joint ownership, etc. Something can look great until you find out the details, when you understand why it hasn't been sold yet. Some of that you can find out here:

http://www.judicial.gov.tw/db/alx.asp

You need to search in the area the land is, put in the details you know, then check the record. It shows the date it will come up for auction. You need to place your written bid on that day, at the local court the land is listed under. After three bids, there is a month where people can bid and if the amount is over the minimum, it is sold. After that, there is a fourth time when there is no or a much lower minimum price.
Family-friendly events and destinations Taiwan-wide. http://kidzone-tw.blogspot.com/
Looking for like-minded parents, a friendly space to take your kids, and classes for English-speaking children? http://www.parentsplace.com.tw
asiababy
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

2 Recommends(s)
46 Recognized(s)

Postby Pingdong » 08 May 2012, 03:10

Do you happen to know about very old houses that have not sold and are no longer up for auction? can they still be bought?
Pingdong
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

20 Recommends(s)
52 Recognized(s)

Postby asiababy » 08 May 2012, 16:30

Do you happen to know about very old houses that have not sold and are no longer up for auction? can they still be bought?

According to my husband (he has a bit of experience looking for and buying land like this), you could try to find the owner and negotiate, but it wouldn't be recommended. Land is under govt auction for a reason, and nobody knows how bad the owner's situation is. If it hasn't sold after all those rounds, there's probably something wrong with it. The court will guarantee ownership if you win the bid through their system.
Family-friendly events and destinations Taiwan-wide. http://kidzone-tw.blogspot.com/
Looking for like-minded parents, a friendly space to take your kids, and classes for English-speaking children? http://www.parentsplace.com.tw
asiababy

2 Recommends(s)
46 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 08 May 2012, 17:38

I can imagine that you wouldn't want to put down too much money on such a bid. Better off looking at buying from some people down on their luck.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1571 Recommends(s)
573 Recognized(s)

Postby Pingdong » 09 May 2012, 01:51

Surely, you can find out what kind of red tape is on the property beforehand cant you? we have gone out with the people, and they explained to us some basic things, but nothing was in writing, so it doesnt count really. but there must, in writing, be something talking about it?
Pingdong

20 Recommends(s)
52 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Legal Issues in Real Estate & Housing