‘Violent house’ sale leads to eight-month jail term

Can a foreigner buy...? Can a foreigner rent...? What about deposits? Bad neighbors? Unreasonable landlords? Miscellaneous problems?
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: ‘Violent house’ sale leads to eight-month jail term

Postby PunishmentNow » 17 Apr 2009, 15:02

goto the US and try selling a house that was owned by Wiccans, Voodoo, Devil worshipers, etc. Make the same claim on paper. Sell the house as not having been previously owned by "other than Christians". See if someone doesn't get a heavy fine and/or jail time for Fraud.

I mean common...lets sell the Jews repackaged pork and call it chicken! Thats ok right?
PunishmentNow
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby Buttercup » 17 Apr 2009, 15:09

Could be funny if there was a sale with a clean bill of psychic/spiritual (?) health and then manifestations of the beyond made their presence felt. Presumably the current owners would have to take all moral and financial blame, even if the ghosts wore costume from the time of the previous owners.
'Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof'

Before you lovingly craft your PM, make like any writer and consider your audience. With all the information at your disposal, is there any possibility that the recipient will open it? Would your time be better employed?
Buttercup
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

8 Recognized(s)

Postby marboulette » 17 Apr 2009, 15:25

PunishmentNow wrote:I mean common...lets sell the Jews repackaged pork and call it chicken! Thats ok right?
That made me laugh out loud! Still laughing... Good point, too! :lol:

marboulette
Moving Toward the Light- OutofChaos

***If you're reading a post from this guy, it's because someone had a question and I knew the answer or because someone needed help and I was able to help.
marboulette
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

Postby Incubus » 17 Apr 2009, 15:28

Dog's_Breakfast wrote:
Lo Bo To wrote:I smell opportunity. How would I go about finding a "ghost house" to buy? I imagine they would be cheaper no?

You might ask a realtor. Seriously, you could find a bargain. But resale value will be similarly reduced.

Someone in fact told me recently about a violet house that's been on the market near the CKS memorial hall. It's in the same building where Chen Chin-hsing (of the famous Pai Ping-ping saga, also being discussed in another thread) murdered a dentist. I was told the apartment has been on the market for over a year, and there hasn't been ANY offer. I think the seller would be happy with any offer at this point. PM me if you're interested.
Incubus
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

12 Recommends(s)
32 Recognized(s)

Postby itakitez » 17 Apr 2009, 15:52

re: removing the ghost

I got dead (excuse the pun) into this when I was looking for a house, i really tried to find out if there was any ritual to cleanse the house, I mean, if there tradition exists, it must be breakable right?

In euopean society we had exorcists who would dance around and force the ghost out to cleanse the house

In japan they have the shinto priest come over, burn some insence and splay holy water around the entrance frames

And in Vietnam you just need to "cleanse with fire", ie, you burn down the room in which the abhhurrance occured

In Taiwan, the cure is to raze the building and rebuild

However, and this is the thing that facinates me about the conflicting superstitions, razing and rebuilding is OK for a murder, but a gravesite can never be cleansed since there is nothing standing there! Unless yu could build a shack knock it down (and burn it just for the pyros and good measure, maybe have a bbq too) to cleanse the land... I was tempted to employ a "virtuous" monk to advise me on this and buy up the houses for "cleansing" before returning the same to market at full value...Me He, other businessperson takers?

Also related a "natural death' is OK, no ghosties

However and unnatural death is very bad, I think suicide is more powerful than murder as well... (picture the scene)

Mother in Law: so whys is so cheap?
Foreigner: its a violent house
MiL: Oh... what happened
F: oh chainsaw murderer wiped out his family
MiL: He didnt commit suicide after did he?
F: no
MiL: oh, thats ok then
[during the earthquake] all the violent back-and-forth swaying led me to sinful contemplation of wild and lustful acts of fornication

Almas John 03.04.10
Forumosan avatar
itakitez
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

Postby Dog's_Breakfast » 17 Apr 2009, 18:02

itakitez wrote:re: removing the ghost

In Taiwan, the cure is to raze the building and rebuild

Surprising that mobile homes aren't more popular here.

cheers,
DB
Welcome to the Hotel Forumosa. You can login anytime you like, but you can never leave.
Forumosan avatar
Dog's_Breakfast
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
57 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 17 Apr 2009, 18:08

You can get a Taoist priest or one of those Vietnamese monks that especialize in such ceremonies...
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

595 Recommends(s)
468 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 18 Apr 2009, 00:41

Incubus wrote:Someone in fact told me recently about a violet house that's been on the market near the CKS memorial hall. It's in the same building where Chen Chin-hsing (of the famous Pai Ping-ping saga, also being discussed in another thread) murdered a dentist. I was told the apartment has been on the market for over a year, and there hasn't been ANY offer. I think the seller would be happy with any offer at this point. PM me if you're interested.

Longer than that probably. The first floor, a prime location on Roosevelt near the Nanmen market, is an empty concrete shell only used by itinerant sellers of clothes etc for years now.
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

280 Recommends(s)
282 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 18 Apr 2009, 01:19

I guess it also depends on how much has been invested and by whom. The Grand Hyatt has for years been considered as haunted. Guests have reported seeing ghosts there but it still goes on. The hotel still enjoys a high occupancy rate.

Near the RR station in Ktown theres a small and nice little hotel that I have stayed in several times. Clean and was bout 1000nt/night (cheap). And I was told later on that in one of the rooms a guest had committed suicide and people didnt know and were staying in that room with no problems. My friend said that room always has fresh flowers in it everyday. Thereafter when I stayed there I always checked to see if my room has fresh flowers in it. Admittedly I would not be super comfortable in that room :P

Theres a nice hotel on chang chun Rd, near chong shan n.Rd. called the WHITE HOUSE hotel. Its was bout 1500/night and had a nice restaurant with great pizza on the second floor.

Nicely done love hotel it was. And I coulda sworn there was a helpful spirit there. I told my gf then that we must get up at 530 in order to catch our early flight to HK> . I set the alarm for 530am but at 528am or so the tv turned itself on all by itself. I thought the alarm clock was set to the TV, but it wasn't. So I thought "hmmm" but thought nothing further.

MY then gf came back first to Taipei and stayed another night at that same hotel and she said that the lights to the room would turn on and off by itself.

Guess its all down to faulty Taiwan wiring but hey? Never know?

I guess if a hotel had a violent death and there were a lot of reported sightings then I would think that hotel would be doomed once word got out.

IF the news was suppressed and many people continued to stay there, then eventually it would die (sorry for the pun) away.
CATS ROCK !
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

522 Recommends(s)
338 Recognized(s)

Postby housecat » 18 Apr 2009, 01:41

I was told I would never have to worry about ghosts in Taiwan, as the ghosts couldn't haunt me because they don't speak English!

Once, I swear this is true, I was in a cab and the driver spoke pretty good English--he had a US university degree. He was just pulling up at the destination and turned and looked behind him. He caught a glimps of himself reflected in the rear door glass, just a trick of light at the right angle and his semi tinted windows. He freaked out!

Me: "You okay?"
driver: "Did you see that? I saw a ghost in the window!"
Me: "Yeah, I saw it--it was your face, a refle--"
driver, already starting to take off: "Aaarrggghhh!! Get out! Get out!"

He had seemed so normal up until that poing.

I didn't have to pay for that ride.
Forumosan avatar
housecat
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

95 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Legal Issues in Real Estate & Housing