Packing for My Return to Taiwan

Fun & Games is the place to have fun, be humorous, or get silly. Got a joke or a funny link to share? Fun & Games is the place for it. It is also home of the Game Club.

Packing for My Return to Taiwan

Postby Mucha Man » 22 Jul 2011, 23:30

I met as well get in on the trend. So, what should I bring back with me from Alaska that I will definitely need here for the long term? I don't really need warm or hot weather clothing as I have it in my apartment already. Lots of books too and a Kindle that is mold free. I think I've still got tea in my cupboards and dishes. What else should I be thinking of bringing back to clutter up my apartment?
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
803 Recognized(s)

Re: Packing for my return to Taiwan

Postby Elegua » 22 Jul 2011, 23:32

Refills on all the strange foreign seasons that cost such a bomb in Taiwan.

And pemmican
Pleasant it is, when over a great sea the winds trouble the waters, to gaze from shore upon another's great tribulation

"Lord, we ain't what we oughta be. We ain't what we want to be. We ain't what we gonna be. But, thank God, we ain't what we was."
Forumosan avatar
Elegua
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

14 Recommends(s)
66 Recognized(s)

Re: Packing for my return to Taiwan

Postby Mucha Man » 22 Jul 2011, 23:36

Elegua wrote:Refills on all the strange foreign seasons...

As in spring and fall?

and pemmican

How about birch syrup? Or salmon skin jerky?
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
803 Recognized(s)

Re: Packing for My Return to Taiwan

Postby urodacus » 23 Jul 2011, 00:00

Bring winter clothes.
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!

Too many people! Almost all of the world's problems are due to overpopulation. The rest are due to religion.

50% of the world's wild animals have disappeared in the last 50 years. Did you eat them, or eat their house?
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

210 Recommends(s)
266 Recognized(s)

Postby yuli » 23 Jul 2011, 00:10

Muzha Man wrote:What else should I be thinking of bringing back to clutter up my apartment?

A photo of Sarah Palin - to remind you how good life can be if you choose wisely...? :ponder:
 Our Fight for Democracy in Japan:
http://www.kenpou-gakushuukai.pw/english.shtml
yuli
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

380 Recommends(s)
145 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 23 Jul 2011, 10:59

Oil?
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
81 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 23 Jul 2011, 11:02

Belgian Pie wrote:Oil?

Now that's a good suggestion but honestly they are hurting for it themselves at the moment.

Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
803 Recognized(s)

Postby urodacus » 23 Jul 2011, 11:03

elk droppings.

They're totally unobtainable in Taiwan, for love or money.
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!

Too many people! Almost all of the world's problems are due to overpopulation. The rest are due to religion.

50% of the world's wild animals have disappeared in the last 50 years. Did you eat them, or eat their house?
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

210 Recommends(s)
266 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 23 Jul 2011, 11:09

Dried/smoked moose ears ... my dogs would love them ... :lick:
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
81 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 23 Jul 2011, 11:11

urodacus wrote:elk droppings.

They're totally unobtainable in Taiwan, for love or money.

Elk are rare in Alaska. Moose and caribou are more common. I should bring some moose "nugget" jewelry back.

Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
803 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Fun & Games