Stoner v Drunk

Fun & Games is the place to have fun, be humorous, or get silly. Got a joke or a funny link to share? Fun & Games is the place for it. It is also home of the Game Club.

Stoner v Drunk

Postby Toe Save » 06 Nov 2011, 16:38

Hypothetical situation: You have to trust one of two people in a long term situation. One is an alcoholic and one loves the ganja.

According to forumosans, which is the better bet?
Forumosan avatar
Toe Save
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

ORIGINAL POSTER
62 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Re: Stoner v Drunk

Postby Steviebike » 06 Nov 2011, 17:35

Neither, they can both seek help for their addictions and become a better person.
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby navillus » 06 Nov 2011, 17:43

Steviebike wrote:Neither, they can both seek help for their addictions and become a better person.

Oh! Was there a third option? I didn't notice it when I read the poll. :roll:

In my own experience I've found drunks much more reliable than stoners. Just a simple case study though. I know only a couple of total stoners and a couple of total drunks.
"collective madness is called sanity"
Paulo Coelho, Veronika Decides to Die
Forumosan avatar
navillus
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

6 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby cjc444 » 06 Nov 2011, 18:00

Hypothetical situation: You have to trust one of two people in a long term situation. One is an alcoholic and one loves the ganja.

According to forumosans, which is the better bet?

Why not trust both until they give you a reason not to? I trust an alcoholic to watch over my house/farm/animals when I go to the States or Europe for business and the only thing I am missing when I come back is maybe a bottle of tequila or something else similar and a few hundred NT in change which he professes that he took as soon as I arrive back home. He's a lot better than the straight fuck I entrusted to my home before this guy. And, no joke, a stoner (many would have a much worse name for him) watches over my house in CA when I am not there. Never a problem, nothing missing except maybe a bit of my personal stash and some snacks from the kitchen, but he delivers fresh supplies when I arrive. Can't wait for my arrival in Dec..

I'm both, what most would consider an alcoholic when I am in Taiwan and a Stoner when I am home, and you couldn't imagine the people, companies, and governmental agencies that trust me on a daily basis and pay me a fuck load for this trust.

Neither, they can both seek help for their addictions and become a better person.

I would never trust a person who thinks the way he/she does.
cjc444
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

5 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby TheGingerMan » 06 Nov 2011, 18:08

What about those that have one foot on :whistle: either path?
"Turne ye to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope,
even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee:"

~~~ZECHARIAH 9:12

"Or fill high hawkfell of my hand,
with skalds reward for skilled word?"

~~~Egill Skallagrimssøn, c.974

"Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest."
~~~elektronisk
Forumosan avatar
TheGingerMan
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)

4 Recommends(s)
245 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 0- 0-2114
Gruntleness: Fully Disgruntled

Postby tash » 06 Nov 2011, 18:10

navillus wrote:
Steviebike wrote:Neither, they can both seek help for their addictions and become a better person.

Oh! Was there a third option? I didn't notice it when I read the poll. :roll:

Ha, ha!

Steviebike, I'd love to see you in this audience with that comment:
http://www.justiceharvard.org/2011/03/episode-01/#watch

Michael Sandel: "Imagine you're steering a fast-moving cable car that's about to hit a group of 5 workers. You can't break, but you can steer. The tracks ahead of you split and you could steer to the right where only 1 worker would be killed. What would you do? Stay on track and kill 5, turn right and kill 1?"

Steviebike: "Um, neither. I would be a better person, stop the vehicle with my superpowers and save all 6. Duh!"

Let's have a perfect world and put an end to all moral dilemmas, shall we ;)
tash
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

24 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 06 Nov 2011, 18:22

TheGingerMan wrote:What about those that have one foot on :whistle: either path?

Like Day and Night but not both. :lol:

Daytime stoners over drunks and nighttime drunks over stoners. It really is about how you choose to live your life. :lol:
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby urodacus » 06 Nov 2011, 20:05

I choose to smoke: I am not addicted, thank you very much. I can stop any time, but why bother?

Drink, on the other hand, chose me.
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!

Too many people! Almost all of the world's problems are due to overpopulation. The rest are due to religion.

50% of the world's wild animals have disappeared in the last 50 years. Did you eat them, or eat their house?
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

220 Recommends(s)
275 Recognized(s)

Postby Super Hans » 06 Nov 2011, 20:33

Drunks. Every time.
Drunks always love me, no matter what.
Stoners love me, then quickly change their mind and come at me with a knife, or at least a sharp edged paranoid comment.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 06 Nov 2011, 20:42

Super Hans wrote:Stoners love me, then quickly change their mind and come at me with a knife, or at least a sharp edged paranoid comment.

You, Super Hans, are at the cutting-edge.
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1049 Recommends(s)
389 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Fun & Games