Seeking TableTop or LARP roleplayers (prefer White Wolf)

Fun & Games is the place to have fun, be humorous, or get silly. Got a joke or a funny link to share? Fun & Games is the place for it. It is also home of the Game Club.

Seeking TableTop or LARP roleplayers (prefer White Wolf)

Postby nibo » 12 Feb 2012, 15:28

My wife and I are in Danshui at the north end of the red line. We're both feeling some serious withdrawal from our former roleplaying groups. Before we moved to Taiwan a year and a half ago, we were both very active tabletop and LARP gamers, specifically using the White Wolf World of Darkness series. Our favorites are Hunter: The Reckoning, Mage: The Ascension, Vampire (either), Werewolf: the Forsaken, Changeling: The Lost (we'd also enjoy learning Dreaming).

We're looking for a current group or, failing that, people interested. I'd be able to run games if that were the case. We could set up a rotating scedule like a very successful game we had running in Canada.

Anyone? Anyone?
nibo
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Seeking TableTop or LARP roleplayers (prefer White Wolf)

Postby inverarity » 05 Apr 2012, 15:45

Just watched this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ6exaC5ryE (Irish comedian doing a "tough gig" for LARPers in the UK) and thought how great Taiwan would be for some tropical-forest-guerrilla-style LARP combat. Just know I'm up for it if you start something up!
inverarity

1 Recognized(s)

Postby mappamunda » 25 Feb 2013, 09:23

When I get to Taiwan I will totally rp/larp with you (caveat: that will probably not be for at least a year).

I'm currently an active larper/tabletopper, and the reason I'm still hesitant about moving to Taiwan permanently is I'm worried about giving up on those parts of myself.

Also, I just realized that this was posted a year ago, so I'm kind of necro'ing this thread.
mappamunda

Postby spitzig » 03 May 2013, 23:48

Well, to give some food to the zombie thread, I'm in Danshui and looking for some kind of RPG. Preferably not LARP, but I'd be willing to try that, too.
spitzig
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

Postby Ravendas » 07 May 2013, 11:25

There is a tabletop RPG group for Taipei on Facebook. It's got 40 members, and a few games are going on, with others looking for players, and other players looking for games. It could help in finding a group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/taipeidnd/
Forumosan avatar
Ravendas
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby JamesMovieFanatic » 20 Aug 2013, 23:18

I used to LARP a little back in Los Angeles/Orange County with the World of Darkness until a really hot redhead spoiled the storyline and I quit when that happened. I've resorted back to playing Vampire: the Eternal Struggle card game after that. I might be interested if place is suitable and time is suitable. Hope you get a LARP game going well either way.
Get busy living or get busy dying. --Andy Dufresne
Forumosan avatar
JamesMovieFanatic
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

2 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 07 Jan 2013

Postby Blaquesmith » 21 Aug 2013, 00:03

We have a Classic WoD group and meet regularly, the problem is that there are already 6 players (my comfort zone are 4-6), and, should we admit any new players, they should be very familiar with the classic WoD background & game mechanics (we've been playing for a couple of months now).
"Roda el món i torna al Born!" - famous saying from Barcelona.
Forumosan avatar
Blaquesmith
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

20 Recommends(s)
114 Recognized(s)

Postby nibo » 21 Aug 2013, 11:40

We've since moved to Yonghe, and I'm going to be starting up two games next month. One of the games is VERY relaxed, and I'm comfortable playing it drop-in style since I know at least 2-3 of my characters will be consistent (I live with one). I'm expecting these two games to run for about 12-13 months and will happen once-a-month on a Sunday (very little commitment). Both are Old World of Darkness (meaning that I'm not using V20). One is Hunter: The Reckoning, and the other is Vampire: The Masquerade. The Hunter game will be the drop-in style game. Vampire will allow for a little flexibility, but less so. These games are tabletop rules and mechanics, but there will be a LARP-style component at the beginning of each game. For instance, the Hunters have a central location where they'll all meet, and that part of the game should be done in-character and LARP with my home standing in for the "Hunter Cave".

I'm open to a few (2-3) vampires for the Vampire game based in Seattle. The Hunter game (based in Portland, Oregon) could also take 2-3 more players.

Please note that this game will have some odd events that will require an open mind when it comes to stats and rulings. As White Wolf always says, ST is God. I won't screw players over, but this isn't going to be a cannon game and I'm going to make some non-cannon decisions. Game breakers and rules lawyers need not apply. I'm looking for a relaxed campaign, not wish-fulfillment. Also, given that I already have enough players to run, if you come and try it for a game or so and decide that it's not for you, no hard feelings! Just let me know. :)
nibo

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby papercut » 24 Dec 2013, 11:13

The RPG FB group mentioned above by Rav is going strong. We are playing a variety of games over various formats, and there are some WOD folks as well. I recommend you join up if you are looking for like minded people. Currently I am running a AD&D 2e game with a roster of about 10 people, and usually about 5-6 showing up at any one session.

Cheers
papercut
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Fun & Games