Noodling Turtles

Fun & Games is the place to have fun, be humorous, or get silly. Got a joke or a funny link to share? Fun & Games is the place for it. It is also home of the Game Club.

Noodling Turtles

Postby jdsmith » 24 Feb 2012, 15:53

I had no idea what this was, but now I do and I want to try it bad! :thumbsup:

Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
56 Recognized(s)

Re: Noodling Turtles

Postby Tempo Gain » 24 Feb 2012, 15:59

Typical afternoon upstate, eh? :)
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

281 Recommends(s)
282 Recognized(s)

Postby saddletramp » 24 Feb 2012, 16:45

That and frog gigging. :lick:
Forumosan avatar
saddletramp
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

113 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby antarcticbeech » 24 Feb 2012, 17:03

So what do you do with the turtles afterwards? Eat them? Or is it just a Steve Irwin style love kinda thing?
X
Forumosan avatar
antarcticbeech
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

151 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

Postby funkymonkey » 24 Feb 2012, 17:06

My favorite part was when it bit him. :thumbsup:
Being in politics is like being a football coach. You have to be smart enough to understand the game, and dumb enough to think it's important.

- Eugene McCarthy
Forumosan avatar
funkymonkey
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)

31 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 24 Feb 2012, 18:40

antarcticbeech wrote:So what do you do with the turtles afterwards? Eat them? Or is it just a Steve Irwin style love kinda thing?

Eat them up yeah. :thumbsup:

I saw Bear Grylss or whomever eat a turtle years back, cooked him in shell on hot coals, peeled off the shell and stripped the meat off it. Goooooood it looked good. :thumbsup:
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
56 Recognized(s)

Postby superking » 24 Feb 2012, 18:48

jdsmith wrote:
antarcticbeech wrote:So what do you do with the turtles afterwards? Eat them? Or is it just a Steve Irwin style love kinda thing?

I saw Bear Grylss or whomever eat a turtle years back, cooked him in shell on hot coals, peeled off the shell and stripped the meat off it. Goooooood it looked good. :thumbsup:

Grylls probably then crapped out the waste and made a brick from it for his fire. Then caught the smoke and used that to make some bees drowsy. Resourceful little bastard. :lol:
There are millions of people in the world. And none of those people is an extra. They're all leads in their own stories.

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced. That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.
superking
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

81 Recommends(s)
304 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 24 Feb 2012, 18:50

superking wrote:
jdsmith wrote:

Grylls probably then crapped out the waste and made a brick from it for his fire. Then caught the smoke and used that to make some bees drowsy. Resourceful little bastard. :lol:

I saw him catch a reindeer with fishing line and then cut out and munch on its enormous heart. :notworthy:

Excuse me, now, for I have wood. :oops:
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
56 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 24 Feb 2012, 19:01

jdsmith wrote:
superking wrote:
jdsmith wrote:

I saw him catch a reindeer with fishing line and then cut out and munch on its enormous heart. :notworthy:

Excuse me, now, for I have wood. :oops:

I saw an article recently in which he got slated for supposedly being out camping but was in fact staying in a fancy hotel and pigging out on the buffet. :lol:
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby tomthorne » 24 Feb 2012, 19:09

He always looks a bit metrosexual to me. He's supposed to be so tough, ex-SAS and stuff, but I met a kiwi last night who told me that he'd beaten up 15 (fifteen :eek: ) Taiwanese gangsters in Shi-Da of all places*. Now, that's seriously hard. I reckon said kiwi would beat the crap out of Bear and bum him afterwards for good measure.

*Perhaps we ought to start up a thread about why are expats such incredible bullshitters.
tomthorne
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

217 Recommends(s)
179 Recognized(s)

Next

Return to Fun & Games