English version of Diablo 3

Fun & Games is the place to have fun, be humorous, or get silly. Got a joke or a funny link to share? Fun & Games is the place for it. It is also home of the Game Club.

Re: English version of Diablo 3

Postby sunberry » 25 May 2012, 02:15

dasaint wrote:If you have a Battlenet account with country of residence outside of Asia, you can buy a digital copy and download it in less than an hour. I bought mine on 1st of May when pre-orders started and it got activated on launch day. Lucky for me, my old battlenet account's residence was in the Philippines. And although I used a Taiwanese Credit Card & billing residence, no questions were raised. :-) Now I'm enjoying playing the game (in Nightmare mode already) while my friends are still waiting for their English version game to be available here in Taiwan.

well I can't do that, since my copy is also registered and I can't register another Diablo III without revoking this one, and I have no idea how to do that...
sunberry
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

3 Recommends(s)
In Taiwan since: 24 Apr 2012

Postby Quarters » 25 May 2012, 18:59

I am trying to buy the english version online through battlenet. You can't use a credit card or paypal. You have to use battlenet points. How do you buy those in Taiwan? Does 7-11 have the point cards you can buy? Do you have to use cash or can you buy the point cards with a credit card?
Forumosan avatar
Quarters
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

21 Recognized(s)

Postby Pingdong » 30 May 2012, 00:52

are there any issues playing the dvd from the states here in Taiwan? I was thinking of buying form bnet as well until I read your post about points.
Pingdong
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

20 Recommends(s)
52 Recognized(s)

Postby Ravendas » 31 May 2012, 23:57

You can play any version on any server. Currently the only differences are the languages available, and which server it defaults to.

I bought my International copy in the Taipei Underground Mall the day it was released. 1960nt I think it was.
Forumosan avatar
Ravendas
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby Pingdong » 01 Jun 2012, 22:40

Great thanks. Social life officially over in a few days.
Pingdong

20 Recommends(s)
52 Recognized(s)

Postby browny » 06 Jul 2012, 21:46

I just started playing Diablo 3 two days ago. It definitely is a great and addictive game. I had played the first Diablo game back in the day. I only played a little bit of Diablo 2. The graphics, music, and gameplay are all fantastic with Diablo 3. It is very hard to pull myself away from this game.
I remember when the English version of this game first came out in Taiwan. I saw that some stores were selling the game for close to NT$3,000. The Chinese version was selling for around NT$1,500. I had seen many customers who had already bought the more expensive English version complain to store owners when the price suddenly dropped to around NT$1,950. As much as I had wanted this game I refused to purchase the English version for twice the price of the Chinese version. I have started to notice this trend in PC games (Chinese versions are much cheaper than their English counterparts).
Does anyone know if two people can play co-op together if they have different language versions of the game?
browny
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

Postby ironfist » 04 Sep 2012, 12:55

hi guys does anyone know which video game stores will sell ps3 games earlier than the official release date? I am looking for tekken tag 2. thanks
ironfist
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

1 Recommends(s)

Postby tokki1 » 10 Sep 2012, 03:29

Amazon.com. Got SCII and DIII there and play on NA servers from Taiwan no prob.
"Taiwan is the Wild West, only in Chinese." -Brian G
Forumosan avatar
tokki1
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby malfunktion » 11 Feb 2014, 13:15

Hey all

I was wondering if the version of diablo 3 that you can get in 7/11 here in taiwan is the version where you can choose english as your language of choice or must I go to a specific store to get that version?
malfunktion
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Battlenet and NID

Postby malfunktion » 11 Feb 2014, 15:01

Hey all

I also have a problem when I try and create a battlenet account. It asks me for an NID number. But I am a foreigner living in taiwan so I don't have one. I did some reading up on this and a few other people said that I could just ignore it but it doesnt allow me to continue without one?

Any Ideas on how to fix this problem.... maybe create the account using my homeland location? but then wouldnt I have a problem with installing Diablo 3 here and logging on to battlenet?
malfunktion

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Fun & Games