English version of Diablo 3

Fun & Games is the place to have fun, be humorous, or get silly. Got a joke or a funny link to share? Fun & Games is the place for it. It is also home of the Game Club.

Re: English version of Diablo 3

Postby alphonse221 » 16 May 2012, 01:53

Warning to anyone who is looking for an English version of D3. Do not buy the Taiwan copying thinking you can switch languages.

Yes you can play on the US servers with any version of D3. Yes you can go under options and download the English MPQ language packs. But when you try to log in with the non traditional chinese client, it will ask you to go back to the chinese one giving you error 84.

I learned this the hard way -___-
King Arthur congratulates me for destroying Dr. Robotnik's evil army of Robot Socialist Republics.
Forumosan avatar
alphonse221
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 11 Aug 2009, 22:39
Location: Chaiyi

6000

Re: English version of Diablo 3

Postby Skar » 16 May 2012, 11:09

Just registered to write this:

If you buy online on tw.bnet before 15th you could only buy the locked chinese version.
If you buy now it also offers a more expansive english version.

If you bought wrong verison you are screwed, as there is a limit, so you need the support (no english, at all) to convince to refund the locked version to re-buy the mulitlanguage version.

I am trying this process now with help of my taiwanese gf. Like everything here, rather complicated (send in fax with copy of ID that was used for the bnet account etc.).
Skar
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 16 May 2012, 11:06

6000

Re: English version of Diablo 3

Postby sunberry » 16 May 2012, 12:06

Skar wrote:Just registered to write this:

If you buy online on tw.bnet before 15th you could only buy the locked chinese version.
If you buy now it also offers a more expansive english version.

If you bought wrong verison you are screwed, as there is a limit, so you need the support (no english, at all) to convince to refund the locked version to re-buy the mulitlanguage version.

I am trying this process now with help of my taiwanese gf. Like everything here, rather complicated (send in fax with copy of ID that was used for the bnet account etc.).


Tell us how it works out, I learned the hard way too. I really don't understand anything from the game, and I already registered the game to my battle.net account.....
sunberry
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 15 May 2012, 22:52
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
3 Recommends(s)

6000

Re: English version of Diablo 3

Postby Skar » 16 May 2012, 12:13

@other people with locked traditional chinese version:
This what i got from the support per email after my gf talked to them, Attached was a form to fill out to apply for the refund. We filled it out and faxed and wait for further update.:

親愛的玩家您好:

  感謝您對於《智凡迪》的支持與愛護!關於您反應《暗黑破壞神Ⅲ》繁體中文數位版產品申請退費問題,我們將以退還您戰網幣的方式處理,煩請您將附件的「暗黑破壞神Ⅲ-退費申請表」填妥並回傳客服中心提出申請,我們將儘快為您處理。

  提醒您,此表單是具有法律效力之文件,請您務必審慎確認是否需申請,並請您填寫表單所需要的資料及附上身份證正反面影印,如在填寫過程中有塗改,請在塗改處蓋章,如需親筆簽名及蓋章的地方,請您兩樣都附上,若對於表單填寫有不清楚之處,可以致電客服詢問,請在填寫表單完畢後將表單透過以下方式提供至智凡迪客服中心,由專人為您服務。

  以下事項依照您的需求,請留意及確認:

◎退戰網幣
1. 填寫「暗黑破壞神Ⅲ-! 退點申請表」。
2. 不需「退費申報明細表」。
3.不需「智凡迪法定代理人同意書」。
4. 此服務限帳號會員本人申請,需請提供與註冊資料相符之證件及相關資料;資料不實或非本人情況下,恕無法提供此服務。
5. 請在確認後,於表單上打勾及親筆簽名及蓋章。

※選擇退回戰網點數者,凡經退戰網點程序完成,將視為完成退費程序成功。

  表單請寄送至:
    台灣客服專線:(02)2654-6266
   台灣傳真電話:(02)2654-9111
   郵寄地址:台北市 115 南港區 南港路二段 97號 二樓
   港澳客服專線:(852)2746-0352
   港澳傳真電話:(852)2148-4620
    客服支援回報單:https://tw.blizzard.com/support/webform.xml?locale=zh_TW

  若您對於退費事項尚有其他疑問,歡迎您透過「聯絡客服支援」或「致電客服中心」來詢問,謝謝您!!
Skar
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 16 May 2012, 11:06

6000

Re: English version of Diablo 3

Postby sunberry » 17 May 2012, 21:31

were you able to get any confirmation for the refund?

Skar wrote:@other people with locked traditional chinese version:
This what i got from the support per email after my gf talked to them, Attached was a form to fill out to apply for the refund. We filled it out and faxed and wait for further update.:

親愛的玩家您好:

  感謝您對於《智凡迪》的支持與愛護!關於您反應《暗黑破壞神Ⅲ》繁體中文數位版產品申請退費問題,我們將以退還您戰網幣的方式處理,煩請您將附件的「暗黑破壞神Ⅲ-退費申請表」填妥並回傳客服中心提出申請,我們將儘快為您處理。

  提醒您,此表單是具有法律效力之文件,請您務必審慎確認是否需申請,並請您填寫表單所需要的資料及附上身份證正反面影印,如在填寫過程中有塗改,請在塗改處蓋章,如需親筆簽名及蓋章的地方,請您兩樣都附上,若對於表單填寫有不清楚之處,可以致電客服詢問,請在填寫表單完畢後將表單透過以下方式提供至智凡迪客服中心,由專人為您服務。

  以下事項依照您的需求,請留意及確認:

◎退戰網幣
1. 填寫「暗黑破壞神Ⅲ-! 退點申請表」。
2. 不需「退費申報明細表」。
3.不需「智凡迪法定代理人同意書」。
4. 此服務限帳號會員本人申請,需請提供與註冊資料相符之證件及相關資料;資料不實或非本人情況下,恕無法提供此服務。
5. 請在確認後,於表單上打勾及親筆簽名及蓋章。

※選擇退回戰網點數者,凡經退戰網點程序完成,將視為完成退費程序成功。

  表單請寄送至:
    台灣客服專線:(02)2654-6266
   台灣傳真電話:(02)2654-9111
   郵寄地址:台北市 115 南港區 南港路二段 97號 二樓
   港澳客服專線:(852)2746-0352
   港澳傳真電話:(852)2148-4620
    客服支援回報單:https://tw.blizzard.com/support/webform.xml?locale=zh_TW

  若您對於退費事項尚有其他疑問,歡迎您透過「聯絡客服支援」或「致電客服中心」來詢問,謝謝您!!
sunberry
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 15 May 2012, 22:52
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
3 Recommends(s)

6000

Re: English version of Diablo 3

Postby sunberry » 17 May 2012, 21:32

were you able to get any confirmation for the refund?

Skar wrote:@other people with locked traditional chinese version:
This what i got from the support per email after my gf talked to them, Attached was a form to fill out to apply for the refund. We filled it out and faxed and wait for further update.:

親愛的玩家您好:

  感謝您對於《智凡迪》的支持與愛護!關於您反應《暗黑破壞神Ⅲ》繁體中文數位版產品申請退費問題,我們將以退還您戰網幣的方式處理,煩請您將附件的「暗黑破壞神Ⅲ-退費申請表」填妥並回傳客服中心提出申請,我們將儘快為您處理。

  提醒您,此表單是具有法律效力之文件,請您務必審慎確認是否需申請,並請您填寫表單所需要的資料及附上身份證正反面影印,如在填寫過程中有塗改,請在塗改處蓋章,如需親筆簽名及蓋章的地方,請您兩樣都附上,若對於表單填寫有不清楚之處,可以致電客服詢問,請在填寫表單完畢後將表單透過以下方式提供至智凡迪客服中心,由專人為您服務。

  以下事項依照您的需求,請留意及確認:

◎退戰網幣
1. 填寫「暗黑破壞神Ⅲ-! 退點申請表」。
2. 不需「退費申報明細表」。
3.不需「智凡迪法定代理人同意書」。
4. 此服務限帳號會員本人申請,需請提供與註冊資料相符之證件及相關資料;資料不實或非本人情況下,恕無法提供此服務。
5. 請在確認後,於表單上打勾及親筆簽名及蓋章。

※選擇退回戰網點數者,凡經退戰網點程序完成,將視為完成退費程序成功。

  表單請寄送至:
    台灣客服專線:(02)2654-6266
   台灣傳真電話:(02)2654-9111
   郵寄地址:台北市 115 南港區 南港路二段 97號 二樓
   港澳客服專線:(852)2746-0352
   港澳傳真電話:(852)2148-4620
    客服支援回報單:https://tw.blizzard.com/support/webform.xml?locale=zh_TW

  若您對於退費事項尚有其他疑問,歡迎您透過「聯絡客服支援」或「致電客服中心」來詢問,謝謝您!!
sunberry
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 15 May 2012, 22:52
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
3 Recommends(s)

6000

Re: English version of Diablo 3

Postby Skar » 18 May 2012, 15:08

nothing so far. they cannot even track status as it seems.
Skar
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 16 May 2012, 11:06

6000

Re: English version of Diablo 3

Postby Skar » 23 May 2012, 15:34

Hi,

Just wanted to report that it, after 8 days, finally worked.

Got a refund email from Blizzard. Rebought the game as international version in tw.bnet.

(add diablo, chose international version from dropdown, price changes to 1950 points)
Skar
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 16 May 2012, 11:06

6000

Re: English version of Diablo 3

Postby sunberry » 24 May 2012, 07:07

Hi,
Is there any way you can walk me through the refund process? What do I have to do exactly. I don't understand the form you copied before.

Skar wrote:Hi,

Just wanted to report that it, after 8 days, finally worked.

Got a refund email from Blizzard. Rebought the game as international version in tw.bnet.

(add diablo, chose international version from dropdown, price changes to 1950 points)
sunberry
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 15 May 2012, 22:52
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
3 Recommends(s)

6000

Re: English version of Diablo 3

Postby dasaint » 24 May 2012, 10:06

If you have a Battlenet account with country of residence outside of Asia, you can buy a digital copy and download it in less than an hour. I bought mine on 1st of May when pre-orders started and it got activated on launch day. Lucky for me, my old battlenet account's residence was in the Philippines. And although I used a Taiwanese Credit Card & billing residence, no questions were raised. :-) Now I'm enjoying playing the game (in Nightmare mode already) while my friends are still waiting for their English version game to be available here in Taiwan.
I'm back!
Forumosan avatar
dasaint
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
 
Posts: 298
Joined: 17 Nov 2007, 21:52
Location: Taipei
8 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

6000

PreviousNext




 
 
 x

Return to Fun & Games



Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 2 visitors

Do you really have to go to the bathroom right now, while we're wrestling a 250-pound food cart down the aisle? You can’t wait 90 seconds for us to pass?
From "13 Things Your Flight Attendant Won't Tell You"