Dungeons and Dragons "D&D" (pen and paper, and PSP)

Fun & Games is the place to have fun, be humorous, or get silly. Got a joke or a funny link to share? Fun & Games is the place for it. It is also home of the Game Club.

Re: Dungeons and Dragons "D&D" (pen and paper, and PSP)

Postby Ravendas » 31 May 2012, 00:43

I'd be one of the 2e DM's previously mentioned I guess. My game is full up on people, with 5 or 6 players currently, meeting every other Sunday usually.

I spend a lot of time on it, as the whole setting of mine is homemade, with everything in it written up and drawn by myself. Spend a lot of time in coffee shops with grid paper, getting asked about my 'architectural drawings' from curious Taiwanese.
Forumosan avatar
Ravendas
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby omerojs » 31 May 2012, 13:19

Ravendas wrote:I'd be one of the 2e DM's previously mentioned I guess. My game is full up on people, with 5 or 6 players currently, meeting every other Sunday usually.

I spend a lot of time on it, as the whole setting of mine is homemade, with everything in it written up and drawn by myself. Spend a lot of time in coffee shops with grid paper, getting asked about my 'architectural drawings' from curious Taiwanese.

too bad you dont live in Hsinchu...
Just about Everything can be done in Taiwan!!
Forumosan avatar
omerojs
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Ravendas » 31 May 2012, 23:55

omerojs wrote:
Ravendas wrote:I'd be one of the 2e DM's previously mentioned I guess. My game is full up on people, with 5 or 6 players currently, meeting every other Sunday usually.

Middle of Taipei. I'm afraid to move out of Taipei and never getting a D&D group again.
Forumosan avatar
Ravendas

1 Recognized(s)

Postby omerojs » 18 Jun 2012, 13:01

Ravendas wrote:
omerojs wrote:

Middle of Taipei. I'm afraid to move out of Taipei and never getting a D&D group again.

hahaha I know what you mean.. it happened to me when i came to Taiwan..
Just about Everything can be done in Taiwan!!
Forumosan avatar
omerojs

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Grugus » 25 Jun 2012, 11:20

I see that many of these posts are old, bordering on ancient...but I am will roll the dice, so to speak. If anyone here is still interested in getting a game going, I am willing and able. I have a few 4E books and tons of minis and a erasable map. I hope to hear from someone soon.
Grugus
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Ravendas » 26 Jun 2012, 00:58

Grugus wrote:I see that many of these posts are old, bordering on ancient...but I am will roll the dice, so to speak. If anyone here is still interested in getting a game going, I am willing and able. I have a few 4E books and tons of minis and a erasable map. I hope to hear from someone soon.

4e :hand:

My 2e game has gone down to once every 2-3 weeks, what with people being busy... wish it could be every week, but people have conflicting schedules.
I'm currently making a new set of dungeon tiles with my Hirst Arts molds! Even made some of my own molds to expedite the process, and found a place here in Taipei that will (quizzically) sell dental plaster to non-dentists.
Forumosan avatar
Ravendas

1 Recognized(s)

Postby ujedi7 » 04 Jul 2012, 01:16

I just arrived in Hsinchu, North dist., and have been playing D&D 2e on and off since 1978. I am looking for a game and hope someone will pm me. I have DMed , but I'm rusty.
ujedi7

Postby Gorf » 23 Oct 2012, 12:50

omerojs wrote:well my life is changing a bit now and i may have more time on the weekends... are there any players in Hsinchu? technically I know 2 more players but we have no GM/DM... so nay one out there?

ujedi7 wrote:I just arrived in Hsinchu, North dist., and have been playing D&D 2e on and off since 1978. I am looking for a game and hope someone will pm me. I have DMed , but I'm rusty.

Both of your posts were a while ago, but in case you're checking in, let me know. I live in the Hsinchu area and thought about taking up the game again.

I have PDFs of the first edition (the classic hardcovers) as well as the Basic and Expert books (with the old Erol Otus covers), plus a pile of unique dice.
Gorf

Postby Ravendas » 24 Oct 2012, 00:53

Might want to just message them, or email them, as this thread is months between replies.

Also, you can take those pdf's to print shops and print them out for 1nt per double sided black/white page, plus 20nt for soft cover binding. At least, that's what the major chain here in Taipei charges. So a 300page PHB would cost ~170nt.

I approve of old school D&D! My 2e game is still going strong, a few years here now, with my own campaign world, dungeons, cities, etc.
Forumosan avatar
Ravendas

1 Recognized(s)

Postby Blaquesmith » 24 Oct 2012, 09:12

I just don't understand why people like D&D so much and disregard other RPG systems... Usually, playing D&D involves insane amounts of both random and planned encounters and is very "hack&slash" oriented. Back in the day, I used to run games of Dark Sun, Spelljammer, Ravenloft... But in these games settings, the players used to go for the most straightforward plans. Once, after a specially weird (and VERY bloody) gaming afternoon, I decided that I would not be a surrogate gaming console for my gamers. If they feel like killing things an entire day, they can buy an Xbox (or a Playstation).

It took me some Cyberpunk 2020 games to reset my players' software and restart them in "cautious" mode. Nothing as a couple of friday night gunfights to make anyone realize getting involved in violence is usually a bad idea.

Then the World Of Darkness games allowed me to do some innovative role-playing. That is, until some of the players began to screw it up and fell again into their violent tendences' grasp. Then the campaign fell apart and we didn't have enough time to set it right again.

Oh, well... (*rant mode off*)
"Roda el món i torna al Born!" - famous saying from Barcelona.
Forumosan avatar
Blaquesmith

20 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

Return to Fun & Games