Dungeons and Dragons "D&D" (pen and paper, and PSP)

Fun & Games is the place to have fun, be humorous, or get silly. Got a joke or a funny link to share? Fun & Games is the place for it. It is also home of the Game Club.

Re: Dungeons and Dragons "D&D" (pen and paper, and PSP)

Postby elizabooks » 14 Oct 2008, 00:08

Well my husband does like to DM, so no worries there. Though I must admit he does get esoteric sometimes. :)
So what is a good time/day for everyone?
elizabooks
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby jimipresley » 18 Oct 2008, 15:32

I'm certainly up for smacking a horde of Drow warriors with a Cone of Cold, but I need to be able to SMOKE! Any smoker-friendly hosts?
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1050 Recommends(s)
389 Recognized(s)

Postby elizabooks » 18 Oct 2008, 16:48

Feel free to smoke on our balcony
elizabooks

Postby jimipresley » 18 Oct 2008, 16:57

I kinda like esoteric DMs. What I hate is when it gets too technical. A DM's decision is final. Usually they have a plan of how they want the adventure to proceed, and there's nothing worse than players who want to harp on about technical points. It's about having fun, not science class. :lol: Oh, and I haven't played anything beyond second edition AD&D. Heh think I can recite the whole DMG.
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1050 Recommends(s)
389 Recognized(s)

Postby Durins Bane » 18 Oct 2008, 22:14

If you are looking for a great campaign world then I suggest Eberron. I have a Valenar Elf(6th lv Ranger, 1st lv Blade of the Valenar, 2nd lv Fighter) and am having a great time. Just a really fun world to play in.....and I have played in a lot.
Guns don't kill people...magic missles do.

My first level orc is smarter than your honor student.
Durins Bane
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

7 Recognized(s)

Postby elizabooks » 18 Oct 2008, 23:39

So folks lets get this started shall we? Email me some contact numbers and we can set up a place to meet and mesh schedules.
Once again we are willing to host, have most of the books, are willing to DM (are not too technical) and you can smoke on our balcony. Drinking is ok in moderation and meals can be set up in advance if we all pitch in.
Come on I want to get this story out of my head.....
Elizabeth
elizabooks

Postby omerojs » 20 Oct 2008, 13:01

so where would it be? Taipei?
when would it be? Sundays? or Saturdays? at what time?
i ask that bcz i live in Hsinchu and if its convenient i could join you guys to play from time to time, or are you guys going to play every week?
Just about Everything can be done in Taiwan!!
Forumosan avatar
omerojs
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recognized(s)

Postby omerojs » 20 Oct 2008, 13:13

I have been playing D&D Tactics for PSP, and its fun... fixed story but I like the way they follow the rules...
the only thing that I don't really like is that I have to use all the characters.. I would love only to use my fighter but.. well i can learn a few things from the others...
but really my ideal player is a fighter transformed into assassin subclass !!!
another issue that I have got is some vocabulary... so, sorry if sometimes I don't use the proper name for stuffs of the game jejeje ;P
Just about Everything can be done in Taiwan!!
Forumosan avatar
omerojs

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 01 Nov 2008, 03:02

Thx Elizabeth, but I need to smoke all the time. Nothing worse than having to combat a horde of Orcs and then throw percentile dice from the balcony!

Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1050 Recommends(s)
389 Recognized(s)

Postby Digital Packrat » 22 Nov 2008, 19:36

I'm glad I stumbled across this forum! I would love to play D&D (any edition) if you have some room. I have lots of books and a huge amount of dice!

I live in central Taipei, but am willing to travel to wherever the game is (within reason). I am an experienced player and have even DMd before (although I don't prefer it). I have also played several other RPGs such as 'Paranoia,' 'Vampire of the Masquerade,' etc, and both played and DMd 'Call of Chthulu,' but D&D is still my favorite.

If any of you have a game going, please let me know how to reach you or email me, thanks!
Digital Packrat

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Fun & Games