RC Cars, Helis, Planes

Fun & Games is the place to have fun, be humorous, or get silly. Got a joke or a funny link to share? Fun & Games is the place for it. It is also home of the Game Club.

RC Cars, Helis, Planes

Postby omerojs » 12 Aug 2008, 10:03

Well i go sometimes to the airfield in Hsinchu and I have seen only one foreigner there... he has a glider... why is that not so many foreigners in Taiwan would join this nice hobby? well maybe they are too busy getting drunk..
as for me i used to fly a Cessna, now i change to Helis and i will get a Raptor 50 V2 next Sunday... if someone is interested in the hobby but doesn't know where are the shops or some prices let me know I know a few in Hsinchu...
Just about Everything can be done in Taiwan!!
Forumosan avatar
omerojs
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 12 Aug 2008, 10:06

I used to go gliding a lot back in Scotland. Even got my solo certification. Wonderful hobby indeed.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Rascal » 12 Aug 2008, 10:17

sandman wrote:I used to go gliding a lot back in Scotland. Even got my solo certification. Wonderful hobby indeed.

RC= remote controlled ;)
Sign here
Forumosan avatar
Rascal
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

Postby omerojs » 13 Aug 2008, 10:12

well life is hard and like Spiderman said ones, my mind played tricks on me too... i wont be getting the Raptor after all (if I want to fly it will be a 1000Nt plane that if i crash I don't mind), i still have my remote control (X-2610) so maybe some other time when i can afford to pay 3k everytime that i crash... i will get a RC car for racing and drifting, maybe glow engine... well I would really like glow engine more than electric, but i guess that i will keep researching... hey if 99% of the people says electric then that will do the job... still many people thinks glow is better so i will see..
Forumosan avatar
omerojs

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 13 Aug 2008, 10:35

Rascal wrote:
sandman wrote:I used to go gliding a lot back in Scotland. Even got my solo certification. Wonderful hobby indeed.

RC= remote controlled ;)

Oh, right. Never noticed. Just got excited when I saw "gliding in Hsinchu" and for a moment there...
but how do they do RC gliders? They don't have engines.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Rascal » 13 Aug 2008, 11:37

sandman wrote:Oh, right. Never noticed. Just got excited when I saw "gliding in Hsinchu (Xinzhu)" and for a moment there...
but how do they do RC gliders? They don't have engines.

They are either pulled up by an electric winch or a rubber cord + cord/rope combination which have a small ring at the end that is hooked into an L-shaped hook at the bottom of the plane. The plane is then held at a very steep angle so that it will rise up rather quickly once the winch is started and / or when the plane is released from the hand.

Once the drag of the winch or rubber cord lessens the plane stabilizes by going into a horizontal position and eventually the plane just unhooks itself due to it's forward motion. Until then you only need to control the rudder so that the glider doesn't get dragged sideways, else it will very likely crash.

It's also possible to use a motor that is build into the body or sits on top of the wings (typically); I have one back home that runs on gas, the tank is so small that it's just enough to get the plane up before running empty, so there is no need to cut it off manually.

The most fancy way is using another, motorized plane that pulls the glider up and remotely releases it once it has gained enough altitude.
Sign here
Forumosan avatar
Rascal
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

Postby omerojs » 14 Aug 2008, 09:25

well now that u mention it, I saw yesterday a guy with a t-shirt that said on the back : paragliding Hsinchu club... in english and chinese..

about the RC gliders, well the ones I have seen are powered by electric motors, so basically the use the motor to go up and very high and then they turn it off and just glide with the wind... maybe they will use it again when "landing" if the position is not very good...
Forumosan avatar
omerojs

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 14 Aug 2008, 10:17

Just like real gliders, then. That's pretty cool.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby omerojs » 15 Aug 2008, 16:19

yep... I would actually like to try that... should be fun !!! and the next step would be sky diving !!!

but back to the subject, any RC DRIFTER around? or any interested in joining the hobby?
Forumosan avatar
omerojs

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recognized(s)

Re: RC Cars, Helis, Planes

Postby omerojs » 26 Aug 2008, 11:13

Check the last video that i posted, its the building process of the TB-02D car!!! lots of work..
http://www.livevideo.com/omerojs
Forumosan avatar
omerojs

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Fun & Games