Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Dedicate A Song To Your Fellow Forumosans!

Fun & Games is the place to have fun, be humorous, or get silly. Got a joke or a funny link to share? Fun & Games is the place for it. It is also home of the Game Club.

Re: Dedicate A Song To Your Fellow Forumosans!

Postby hipster dufus » 07 Dec 2010, 18:56

King of the Road

to all of us on the road.........
OH REALLY, CUZ I GOT THIS OUTFIT FROM YO MOMMA!
Forumosan avatar
hipster dufus
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

Postby Damage » 08 Dec 2010, 14:15

For Bubba 2 Guns. I saw them when I was fourteen years old.

Forumosan avatar
Damage
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby Bubba 2 Guns » 08 Dec 2010, 23:53

Weeeeeelllll this is a hoot. If you know D.I. then you know Alfie Agnew (of the famous Agnew family-The Adolescents) and John Knight. And if you know them then you know they came from a band called Almost 21.
And if you know Almost 21 then you know me because I was their singer. I never met Richard but my first girlfriend was Casey's Ex and she knew him. Social Distortion, Agent Orange, The Ads, D.I., Heavy Dirt, Doggy Style-we were all very tight in the Fullerton scene in those sad and yet hopeful days. Got a lot of stories about that distant time. Thanks for the post! Not all who wander are lost!
""It occurred to me, the basis of fiction, is that people have some sort of connection with each other that they don't" -Richard Harrow
Forumosan avatar
Bubba 2 Guns
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

6 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)

Postby Damage » 11 Dec 2010, 13:20

Bubba 2 Guns wrote:Weeeeeelllll this is a hoot. If you know D.I. then you know Alfie Agnew (of the famous Agnew family-The Adolescents) and John Knight. And if you know them then you know they came from a band called Almost 21.
And if you know Almost 21 then you know me because I was their singer. I never met Richard but my first girlfriend was Casey's Ex and she knew him. Social Distortion, Agent Orange, The Ads, D.I., Heavy Dirt, Doggy Style-we were all very tight in the Fullerton scene in those sad and yet hopeful days. Got a lot of stories about that distant time. Thanks for the post! Not all who wander are lost!

That is really cool. You doing any music in Taiwan? Here's another one for you. One of my first punk tapes was Ill Repute, DI, Minor Threat and Naked Raygun.

Forumosan avatar
Damage

Postby Mother Theresa » 11 Dec 2010, 14:36

MONSTER, haven't seen you around lately, but here's one for you. :serenade:

"The internet is a monster over which we have no control. We can’t even turn it off." Jeremy Clarkson
Forumosan avatar
Mother Theresa
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

14 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby Bubba 2 Guns » 24 Jan 2011, 21:56

Damage wrote:
Bubba 2 Guns wrote:Weeeeeelllll this is a hoot. If you know D.I. then you know Alfie Agnew (of the famous Agnew family-The Adolescents) and John Knight. And if you know them then you know they came from a band called Almost 21.

That is really cool. You doing any music in Taiwan? Here's another one for you. One of my first punk tapes was Ill Repute, DI, Minor Threat and Naked Raygun.

I don't sing anymore. The last time I sang was on stage with D.I. years ago at THE POND in Anaslime, Ca! I sang the song (ironically) Youth In Asia at a benefit concert for Crabby from El Centro who was in the first Bali bombing ( I'm writing from Bali right now) and another surfer friend who is now in a wheel chair. It was the largest audience I had ever sang in front of. I remember talking to Duane Peters from U.S. Guns about surfing vs. Boogie boarding, translated some of his Chinese tattoos and had a serious discussion about firebreathing/swallowing! I also had a 20 year old Britney Spears look a like offer to blow me in the bathroom because I am an unsung Punk Rock Hero!!!!!. HA ha ha!!!!!! All true. Never got the BJ. Just living in quiet obscurity in the exile island of Taiwan. Thanks for the memories!!
""It occurred to me, the basis of fiction, is that people have some sort of connection with each other that they don't" -Richard Harrow
Forumosan avatar
Bubba 2 Guns

6 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)

Postby ThreadKiller » 26 Jul 2011, 01:32

I considered starting a "Dedicate a Song to Yourself" thread, but nobody opens my threads, so I'll just post this off to the side where it won't irk people. Here we go - I dedicate this one to ThreadKiller. Who?

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here." (Melvin Udall)

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." (Denis Diderot)

"I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people." (Katharine Hepburn)
Forumosan avatar
ThreadKiller
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

99 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby TheGingerMan » 27 May 2012, 17:45

Arise, this thread!
Lively up yourselves, you slack flobundians!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I must sincerely make mention of what a fine job of the greatly noble and endlessly working mod jimipresley.
Sure, he's rather snarky, but on our side.
The side of common sense, proper diction, and a rather sout piel sense of humour.
:bow:
In honour of all that, I make some wave for the best Canadian band of all fawking time!
"One likes to believe in the freedom of music
But glittering prizes and endless compromises
Shatter the illusion of integrity."

Oh, Yesh!

"Begin the day with a friendly voice
A companion unobtrusive
Plays that song that's so elusive
And the magic music makes your morning mood

Off on your way, hit the open road
There is magic at your fingers
For the Spirit ever lingers
Undemanding contact in your happy solitude
[Chorus:]
Invisible airwaves crackle with life
Bright antennae bristle with the energy
Emotional feedback on timeless wavelength
Bearing a gift beyond price, almost free

All this machinery making modern music
Can still be open hearted
Not so coldly charted
It's really just a question of your honesty, yeah
Your honesty
One likes to believe in the freedom of music
But glittering prizes and endless compromises
Shatter the illusion of integrity
For the words of the prophets,
were written on the studio wall
Concert hall
And echoes,
with the sounds of salesmen."
"Turne ye to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope,
even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee:"

~~~ZECHARIAH 9:12

"Or fill high hawkfell of my hand,
with skalds reward for skilled word?"

~~~Egill Skallagrimssøn, c.974

"Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest."
~~~elektronisk

This post was recommended by jimipresley (27 May 2012, 18:05)
Rating: 5.88%
Forumosan avatar
TheGingerMan
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)

4 Recommends(s)
224 Recognized(s)

Postby Battery9 » 27 May 2012, 19:08

to jimipresley...an inside joke, I think. Hope you get it or your woman is going to kick my a$$.

This post was recommended by jimipresley (27 May 2012, 19:10)
Rating: 5.88%
Battery9
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

27 Recognized(s)

Postby flike » 28 May 2012, 00:32

When I was younger, Rush used to depress me a little bit. Rather, the earnestness of Rush fans used to bother me enough to bring out the condescension and boor in me (it's not hard to do, unfortunately). One of the best parts of getting older is that you finally get over yourself. Kinda. Anyway, after seeing the hilarious Closer to the Heart episode of TPB I saw the light. I even bought the Time Machine 2011 album (Live in Cleveland), all thanks to Bubbles.

So here's to the spirit of Bubbles, a little Rush time, Canadians in general, and TheGingerMan and kk in particular. :ohcanada: :thumbsup:

"It is a privilege to be the stand-in for Spencer Tracy. Tracy is a fine actor, but he is most important because he understands why it is necessary to take orders from the front office." Louis B. Mayer, 1938 Academy Awards ceremony

"Why do you not sit on my lap when we talk contracts, like my other stars do?" Louis B. Mayer to Luise Rainer, 1937

"His hand always touched my right tit whenever he said the word 'daughter'." Joan Crawford, regarding Louis B. Mayer, 1938
flike

23 Recommends(s)
25 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Fun & Games