Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Taipei Chess Club - Wednesdays

Fun & Games is the place to have fun, be humorous, or get silly. Got a joke or a funny link to share? Fun & Games is the place for it. It is also home of the Game Club.

Taipei Chess Club - Wednesdays

Postby Betelnut » 05 May 2011, 13:14

Hi everyone,

We're having a chess club every Wednesday 6:30 P.M. at Alleycats.

http://www.alleycatspizza.com/Location2_AC7.aspx

Please join the Facebook group at "Taipei Chess Club" for the latest information. The goal of the club is to play all different varieties of chess. (Western Chess, Xiangqi, Shogi)

You can also join the site "Red Hot Pawn" to play correspondence chess with members of the club.
http://www.redhotpawn.com/
Betelnut
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER
10 Recognized(s)

Re: Taipei Chess Club - Wednesdays

Postby Chaon » 05 May 2011, 17:03

Sounds fun. But unfortunately, the last time I played chess here in Taipei, I accidentally incinerated Bob Hicks with a burning fire of flaming Blitz inferno flame. Difficult to control, really. My speed chess is so fast that Einsteinian principles get involved, antimatter is created, and things go all boomy.
Chaon
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

7 Recommends(s)
19 Recognized(s)

Postby heimuoshu » 06 May 2011, 21:40

What time do you finish?
Working until 8 might hamper my ability to get there.
I am an expert at drinking chess. 3 minutes a side, only the winner can drink. I only last a few games though and then I fall apart.
heimuoshu
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

6 Recommends(s)
24 Recognized(s)

Postby Chaon » 06 May 2011, 22:44

heimuoshu wrote:What time do you finish?
I am an expert at drinking chess. 3 minutes a side, only the winner can drink. I only last a few games though and then I fall apart.

3 Minutes a side? Do you have Parkinson's disease or something?
Chaon

7 Recommends(s)
19 Recognized(s)

Postby heimuoshu » 07 May 2011, 00:22

Chaon wrote:
heimuoshu wrote:What time do you finish?

3 Minutes a side? Do you have Parkinson's disease or something?

No. I have another condition. It is called dipsomania.
Here is a link.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dipsomania
heimuoshu

6 Recommends(s)
24 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 07 May 2011, 01:17

Beware you all! I am the only person in the history of humanity to have beaten Chaon.

Besting him at chess is another matter entirely, though.
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

998 Recommends(s)
378 Recognized(s)

Postby petr0lb0mb » 07 May 2011, 01:27

Oh, great! Now that I've moved back to California you start a chess club. Sheesh!
Forumosan avatar
petr0lb0mb
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

10 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby heimuoshu » 07 May 2011, 02:08

jimipresley wrote:Beware you all! I am the only person in the history of humanity to have beaten Chaon.

Really?
I'll be brave and put a thousand NT on it. Loser donates a thousand NT to a round at the Formosa BBQ?
You in.. Gotta bring a chess board.
EDIT
Can't back down now but if Choan is in, and you are coming to the BBQ PM me ad let's do it for fun. One game as black and one as white. Limited time maybe 20 minutes a side?
heimuoshu

6 Recommends(s)
24 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 07 May 2011, 02:10

heimuoshu wrote:
jimipresley wrote:Beware you all! I am the only person in the history of humanity to have beaten Chaon.

Really?
I'll be brave and put a thousand NT on it. Loser donates a thousand NT to a round at the Formosa BBQ?
You in.. Gotta bring a chess board.

I think that you misunderstood my post. Go back and read it again. If you still wish to donate 1000$ to me for beating Chaon, then your wish is my command. :bow:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

998 Recommends(s)
378 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 07 May 2011, 02:23

heimuoshu wrote:EDIT
Can't back down now but if Choan is in, and you are coming to the BBQ PM me ad let's do it for fun. One game as black and one as white. Limited time maybe 20 minutes a side?

Oh, for the love of GOD! :roll: I think I shall retreat now to the profound discourse of my "friends" on Facebook. :doh:

Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

998 Recommends(s)
378 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Fun & Games