What is Your Favorite Rockumentary?

This is the place for discussion of films, books, movies and TV shows, etc. A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: Rockefeller

What is Your Favorite Rockumentary?

Postby landshark » 19 Aug 2011, 20:09

I don’t know what the deal is but since I have gotten the ability to see youtube on my phone I have been addicted to watching Music documentaries (Rockocumentaries). I have seen jimi hendrix, Kurt Cobain, and Joy Division (Don’t worry I don’t have any suicidal tendencies), maybe I’ll watch one about them next. :beatnik:
landshark
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Re: What is your favorite Rockocumentary?

Postby jimipresley » 19 Aug 2011, 20:18

landshark wrote: I have seen Jimmy Hendrix

Who's Jimmy Hendrix? :ponder:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1020 Recommends(s)
385 Recognized(s)

Postby landshark » 19 Aug 2011, 21:08

jimipresley wrote:
landshark wrote: I have seen Jimmy Hendrix

Who's Jimmy Hendrix? :ponder:

I guess I should be a little more careful when talking about the master jimi hendrix. :oops:

Here is what Clapton had to say about Hendrix death:

Hendrix played right-handed guitars upside down. While browsing through some instrument shops in the West End, Clapton found a white, left-handed Stratocaster and bought it for Hendrix. Clapton took the guitar to a Sly and the Family Stone concert at the Lyceum that night, expecting to see Jimi and give him the guitar. But Hendrix never showed up.

“The next day, I heard that he had died,” Clapton writes. “He had passed out, stoned on a mixture of booze and drugs, and choked on his own vomit. It was the first time the death of another musician really affected me. We had all felt obliterated when Buddy Holly died, but this was much more personal. I was incredibly upset and very angry, and was filled with a feeling of terrible loneliness.” :notworthy:
landshark

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 19 Aug 2011, 21:19

OK. You're forgiven for misspelling my name. :bow:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1020 Recommends(s)
385 Recognized(s)

Postby ThreadKiller » 19 Aug 2011, 21:19

Sorry, landshark. I'm going to edit your title from Rockocumentary to Rockumentary. I'm not averse to an extra little bit of "koc" and don't want to be accused of being a vocabulary Nazi, but I think that rockumentary is the correct term. :D
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here." (Melvin Udall)

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." (Denis Diderot)

"I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people." (Katharine Hepburn)
Forumosan avatar
ThreadKiller
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

99 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Re: What is Your Favorite Rockumentary?

Postby Kahna » 19 Aug 2011, 21:22

Blur - No Distance Left To Run
If you doubt this is possible, how is it there are PYGMIES + DWARFS??
Kahna
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

1 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby Chris » 19 Aug 2011, 21:25

This Is Spinal Tap!
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

86 Recommends(s)
194 Recognized(s)

Postby landshark » 19 Aug 2011, 21:27

jimipresley wrote:OK. You're forgiven for misspelling my name. :bow:

Ah, I got it! I missed that one! :)
landshark

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Postby landshark » 19 Aug 2011, 21:30

ThreadKiller wrote:Sorry, landshark. I'm going to edit your title from Rockocumentary to Rockumentary. I'm not averse to an extra little bit of "koc" and don't want to be accused of being a vocabulary Nazi, but I think that rockumentary is the correct term. :D

I guess I will get the hang of this eventually. :wink:
landshark

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Postby landshark » 19 Aug 2011, 21:33

Kahna wrote:Blur - No Distance Left To Run

I have not seen that one yet. I guess I am going to have to crank up the old youtube and check it out. I love Blur!
landshark

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Arts & Entertainment