Season Finale

This is the place for discussion of films, books, movies and TV shows, etc. A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: Rockefeller

Re: Season Finale

Postby lostinasia » 08 Apr 2012, 13:42

I thought Battlestar Galactica had a decent (but not great) ending. However, while I've met people in real life who agree with me, I seem to be the only one on the internet who feels that way.

Lost's ending had me regretting all the hours I spent on that show.

Newhart's second series, the one with the hotel in Vermont, had possibly the best series ender ever.

Cheers was consistently good: it went downhill a bit, but never fell off a cliff/ jumped the shark.

The ending of The Wire was OK but a little disappointing: the way everything ended on a cycle, with old characters moving off and new replacements moving in, was tidy in a way that seemed against the spirit of the show.

I think the ending of The Sopranos was brilliant.

I've been told that Six Feet Under is worth watching simply for the ending. Still haven't got more than a few episodes through the first season, however.

Oh, back in scifi land (which may not be to your taste): Deep Space Nine progresses and wraps up pretty well, but it suffers from having too many episodes in each season.
Forumosan avatar
lostinasia
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

43 Recommends(s)
75 Recognized(s)

Postby Okami » 08 Apr 2012, 16:52

Toe Save wrote:Well, I'll hazard a guess that everyone is gonna die. At least that's what happens in Kurt Sutter's source material. Maybe you've heard of it. It's a little something called Hamlet. Each season of SoA has represented 1 Act of the play. So the magic number 5 should be all she rode. I knew Jacks wasn't going to kill Clay while he was laid up in the hospital (Now might I do it pat, now he is praying.) Also, think about where Jacks goes to read John's manuscript. Easily my favorite show on TV.
OK, to clarify I hated how they got out of it, the CIA/US govt thing is just a little overused, but after Fast and Furious quite prescient. It's overall a strong series. I quite like how Clay is succumbing to the same thing the Irish MC got killed for.

Lost, I want my life back.

Cheers, fantastic series

I really need to watch the Sopranos, just have never gotten the chance.
Professor Walter Williams has remarked that he’s glad he went to college “before it became fashionable for white people to like black people.”
Forumosan avatar
Okami
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

8 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Postby Rockefeller » 08 Apr 2012, 21:26

If you mean series finale, then look no further than Arrested Development. Usually I'm not a huge fan of Jason Bateman but even he was tolerable there.
Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

70 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Arts & Entertainment