Ella getting married

This is the place for discussion of films, books, movies and TV shows, etc. A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: Rockefeller

Re: Ella getting married

Postby sandman » 17 Apr 2012, 11:49

Battery9 wrote:
TainanCowboy wrote:Is she one of the "half-half" things you posted about?

:noway: What did they ever do to you that you refer to transgenders so disrespectfully?

He's old, out of touch and damned frightened. Exactly like my old man before he got even older and decided to live and let live. I remember that the wily pederast was one of my dad's greatest fears. He grew out of it, but my "birds and the bees" man-to-man talk was a little... er... one-sided. Especially since I was 11, had NO idea of the concept of pederasts, and didn't really get a convincing explanation from dear old dad. He did his best, though, granted.

This post was recommended by Taffy (17 Apr 2012, 11:55)
Rating: 5.88%
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 17 Apr 2012, 12:00

Battery9 wrote:

:noway: What did they ever do to you that you refer to transgenders so disrespectfully?

Battery9 -
Interesting assumption on your part.
No where have I posted any comments even remotely displaying any "disrespect" as you impugn.

I still, and I think I'm not alone on this, have no idea WTF Tommy525s' video was completely talking about in regards to the "near-half" or "whatever-half" situation.

You're going to have to channel your self-created self-righteousness into another venue. Use that energy for good.
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 17 Apr 2012, 12:07

sandman wrote:
Battery9 wrote:

He's old, out of touch and damned frightened. Exactly like my old man before he got even older and decided to live and let live. I remember that the wily pederast was one of my dad's greatest fears. He grew out of it, but my "birds and the bees" man-to-man talk was a little... er... one-sided. Especially since I was 11, had NO idea of the concept of pederasts, and didn't really get a convincing explanation from dear old dad. He did his best, though, granted.

Ahh...Sandman chimes in with his opinions on Life, The Universe and What SomeOne Else Must Think.
Illusions, Allusions and hints of "Something different might be Eveeeeeel!"

And we get this for the price of admission...and worth every cent we pay for it.

Sorry Laddie...I still cannot understand Chinese and Tommy525s' video is pretty pictures and that about it.

Are you allowed to say the word "pederast" now? Hasn't that been changed to some more politically correct?
Get my drift there sailor?
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Incubus » 17 Apr 2012, 12:30

tommy525 wrote:but Ella of S.H.E has found a mate and is getting married.

I think they should change their name to S.H.E. now that Ella's all grown up and should have her period.
Incubus
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

12 Recommends(s)
32 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 17 Apr 2012, 13:02

Its ok, its all my fault :)

The Japanese (who coined the term "new half" ) have a way with english words that
tend to have zero connection with what the term means. There is little to connect "new half" with persons who were born biologically male who then become females through hormone treatment and surgery. Thailand is Grand Central for such transformations in the world. And many formerly male persons have become virtually indistinguishable from biologically born females. Again the Japanese , who some claim to be more interested in the non-mainstream aspects of society have an almost national interest in "new halfs".

Thailands most famous is Nong Poy who is shown in this vid. Shes quite a star.
Many Western TVs would love to be able to so resemble "real" girls. But perhaps the Asian male physique lends itself to female transformation more readily (in general).

280 pound western footballers tend to have a hard time transforming into a five foot nothing female for example.

Afterall even Chris (who is generally quite knowledgeable with things Asian) was unaware of the meaning of "new half".

So I can imagine TC would have even less of a clue .

IN this JAPANESE (not Chinese) clip ,a Japanese TV crew were simply accosting females on the streets of Bangkok and asking if they were "new halfs". Apparently some ladies were happy to say that they were. And they looked prettier then your average "real" girl too.

Eventually a "new half" is going to be a BOND girl !
CATS ROCK !
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
520 Recommends(s)
338 Recognized(s)

Postby Battery9 » 17 Apr 2012, 14:18

TainanCowboy wrote:
Battery9 wrote:

Battery9 -
Interesting assumption on your part.
No where have I posted any comments even remotely displaying any "disrespect" as you impugn.

I still, and I think I'm not alone on this, have no idea WTF Tommy525s' video was completely talking about in regards to the "near-half" or "whatever-half" situation.

You're going to have to channel your self-created self-righteousness into another venue. Use that energy for good.

aaaaaaaaah, I thought you were referring to them as things, and to Chaz as 'this'. Sorry. I didn't see anything posted by Tommy before.
Battery9
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

24 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 18 Apr 2012, 03:19

CATS ROCK !
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
520 Recommends(s)
338 Recognized(s)

Postby Charlie Phillips » 18 Apr 2012, 05:51

Bad news is Ella is dropping out of the group but good news there's two new members Ivy and Tina.

:)
"Why do you want gas? It's hot. You can have cold showers" ~gas delivery man height of summer, 2010.

"Why you wear so many clothes? You are foreigner. Foreign countries are cold." buxiban owner, depth of winter 2011.
Forumosan avatar
Charlie Phillips
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

80 Recommends(s)
158 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 18 Apr 2012, 12:03

Charlie Phillips wrote:Bad news is Ella is dropping out of the group but good news there's two new members Ivy and Tina.

:)

that will be interesting. Will hebe be the "older" girl now?

selena is married and so is ella. hebe will be next , then what?

Without Selena and Ella, S>H>E really would have essentially disbanded.

its ok they had a good run and the girls made TONS of money for themselves
CATS ROCK !
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
520 Recommends(s)
338 Recognized(s)

Postby tsukinodeynatsu » 20 Apr 2012, 03:23

I can't see S.H.E. adding new members, so if Ella's actually dropping out then they must be disbanding.

I really like Hebe's solo stuff (especially her new album) and Ella's is pretty good too (plus she actually writes her own music!). In fact I like both of them more than I like S.H.E.'s stuff, so I'm not sad to see them break up.
tsukinodeynatsu
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

57 Recommends(s)
65 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to Arts & Entertainment