Rip-off Taiwanese TV Ad soundtracks

This is the place for discussion of films, books, movies and TV shows, etc. A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: Rockefeller

Re: Rip-off Taiwanese TV Ad soundtracks

Postby Steviebike » 27 May 2012, 17:11

I'll spell it out for you HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY DIDN'T PAY FOR IT?

If you can prove that to us then I will eat my hat.

For what it is worth music has been around since the beginning of civilization, so has cooking meat.

Yes Regaine has used a Queen song. So?

So everyone in Taiwan who uses music that is not their own original score is a rip-off merchant?

Here is an example of someone using music that isn't theirs, and if you can prove they didn't pay for the music I will eat my second hat. Original score or not, without proof your blowing hot air.

You're making massive assumptions based on the negative opinions you have built up over the years regarding Taiwanese companies, it fails to really strike a chord with me and the only chord that is being struck is yours. I disagree with you and prefer to have the benefit of the doubt as neither one of us knows if the music has been paid for (which I think it has and you think it hasn't). So please don't spell things out.
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 27 May 2012, 20:32

So if they pay for the music why do you think they go to the effort to subtly change the music score then?

Of course they haven't paid for it. That's the whole point of the exercise, the famous cost-down.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1718 Recommends(s)
622 Recognized(s)

Re: Rip-off Taiwanese TV Ad soundtracks

Postby Steviebike » 27 May 2012, 21:35

Read, Right II: Derivatives
http://www.tunecore.com/guides/sixrights

Again, one can not prove this isn't the case.

EDIT: if they haven't, then they're technically in trouble, could be sued and that would not be very cost effective.
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 27 May 2012, 21:39

I will read it, thanks.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1718 Recommends(s)
622 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Arts & Entertainment