WCIF an Online Digital MP3 Store in Taiwan?

This is the place for discussion of films, books, movies and TV shows, etc. A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: Rockefeller

WCIF an Online Digital MP3 Store in Taiwan?

Postby Reaperjim » 07 Jun 2012, 23:52

I was wondering if Taiwan has an equivalent of Amazon's MP3 download site or iTunes. I have found some names but I can't seem to find any sites, which to me suggests that there were a few but they have closed down. I would much rather pay for my music :)
Madam Speaker said,
Reaperjim
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Re: WCIF an Online Digital MP3 Store in Taiwan?

Postby neesh » 10 Jun 2012, 18:01

I asked my resident expert (teenage daughter) about online MP3 sites in Taiwan. She said she knows no one who buys mp3s online. People download, but never from a store.
neesh
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

12 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 10 Jun 2012, 18:55

Are there analog MP3 stores online?
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
91 Recognized(s)

Postby lostinasia » 10 Jun 2012, 21:11

neesh wrote:I asked my resident expert (teenage daughter) about online MP3 sites in Taiwan. She said she knows no one who buys mp3s online. People download, but never from a store.

Seconding this. My university students look at me with a mix of shock and pity when I tell them that I buy music from the iTunes store. Music is bought only in exceptional circumstances: getting something for the singer to autograph, for example.
Forumosan avatar
lostinasia
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

64 Recommends(s)
103 Recognized(s)

Postby kaikai34 » 10 Jun 2012, 21:22

They have thing called kkbox here. You pay a hundred NT a month and you can download (sort of) all the songs you want. Stream as much as you want. The downloads are a proprietary format so, once you stop paying, you can't access them. I think they are the only source of legal music here.
Forumosan avatar
kaikai34
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

22 Recommends(s)
38 Recognized(s)

Postby neesh » 11 Jun 2012, 02:05

Belgian Pie wrote:Are there analog MP3 stores online?

:roll: I said, what the hell? I'm getting old. Took me a minute to get it.

Yes KKbox! How could I have forgotten about this site. A friend's brother uses it quite a bit. Course, he's old (48).
neesh

12 Recognized(s)

Postby Reaperjim » 14 Jun 2012, 08:44

I got KKBOX and really like it, although the choice is a bit limited. I can't figure out how to sync my Android library with my PC though.
Madam Speaker said,
Reaperjim

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Arts & Entertainment