Remade in the US of A

This is the place for discussion of films, books, movies and TV shows, etc. A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: Rockefeller

Postby OldToeSave » 28 Nov 2003, 08:50

ooops.
OldToeSave
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby OldToeSave » 28 Nov 2003, 08:50

I've only seen it once or twice and not sure of the show's name, but the star was a guy named Julian Clarey. I doubt very much American producers would ever have the guts to stretch the envelope as much as Mr. Clarey does. This is one of the wildest shows I've ever seen. How about an Americanized Ab-Fab. Is it possible? Cracker? Wasn't it tried? How about the gay soap opera...forget the name...but the americanized version was less cutting edge than the Brit one.
OldToeSave

2 Recognized(s)

Postby Huang Guang Chen » 28 Nov 2003, 08:57

Julian Clary did "Sticky Moments with Julian Clary", . I saw a few of these, very funny it was too.

HG
Forumosan avatar
Huang Guang Chen
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
15 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby street dog » 28 Nov 2003, 13:20

Toe Save wrote:How about an Americanized Ab-Fab. Is it possible?

Cybill, with Cybill Shepherd and Christine Baranski, was more-or-less an Americanized AbFab...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/artic ... 1960.shtml

AbFab started in 92, Cybill in 95, they SO stole the whole idea!
street dog

Postby OldToeSave » 01 Dec 2003, 14:17

street dog wrote:
Toe Save wrote:How about an Americanized Ab-Fab. Is it possible?

Cybill, with Cybill Shepherd and Christine Baranski, was more-or-less an Americanized AbFab...

http://www.BBC.co.UK/comedy/guide/artic ... 1960.shtml

AbFab started in 92, Cybill in 95, they SO stole the whole idea!

How about that...I have seen that show and nevr even made the association. Again, no edge. Corporations dictating content I guess. That's what's great about the BBC.....no commercials. Or am I wrong?
OldToeSave

2 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Arts & Entertainment