Lord of the Rings Symphony

This is the place for discussion of films, books, movies and TV shows, etc. A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: Rockefeller

Lord of the Rings Symphony

Postby jlick » 05 Dec 2003, 12:32

Today's China Post has an article about Howard Shore coming to Taipei to perform music from the Lord of the Rings on Dec 10. Unfortunately there was no info on where to call or go to get tickets, and Google hasn't been any help. Anyone know?
Forumosan avatar
jlick
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
9 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby Vanillaroma » 05 Dec 2003, 12:42

I saw some banner ads for it on a few streetlamps on Xinsheng South. I'll get back to you in a couple days when I drive by there next.
Vanillaroma

Postby littleiron » 05 Dec 2003, 12:58

Saw some banners on Xinyi Road... but no dates. :shock: ...... :roll:
littleiron
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby jlick » 05 Dec 2003, 21:08

My wife found out how to get tickets. They are available through http://www.ticket.com.tw/ or (02) 2341-9898. Tickets are NT1200, NT1800, or NT2400 depending on the section.
Forumosan avatar
jlick

ORIGINAL POSTER
9 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby CaptPorridge » 04 Jan 2004, 18:55

I'm not in Taiwan, but I'm a big fan of Howards music.
Could you possibly write a wee review here after the concert?
Forumosan avatar
CaptPorridge
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Arts & Entertainment