Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

WCIF Vinyl LP's?

This is the place for discussion of films, books, movies and TV shows, etc. A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: Rockefeller

Postby bob » 19 Aug 2008, 01:18

There's a vinyl shop on Zhongshan North Road Section 3(?), across the road and a little south from the new Caves Bookstore, east side of the street.

Mostly old stuff...
bob
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
 
Posts: 8624
Joined: 14 May 2004, 14:11
Location: sunk



Re: 紫薇 vinyl LP's

Postby Dexsam » 21 Apr 2009, 06:36

Image
Image

Hi,
I stumbled upon this forum during a search of of "collectors of old Taiwan vinyl LPs" and would like assistance here. My search ends here since she is Taiwanese singer and the records were produced here and exported.

Does anyone know where I can buy any of Ziwei (紫薇) vinyl records of the 1960s? I am looking for such records in mint or excellent condition such as the ones in the photos.

If you have them or others by the same singer and would like to sell them, please let me know by PM or email to changleh@yahoo.com
If you know of a specific record shop selling them, please give me the details of the shop so that I can search for it, if they sell online, even better.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,
CHANG
Dexsam
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 06:58



Re: WCIF Vinyl LP's?

Postby Josefus » 29 Jun 2009, 00:01

I posted this on my Facebook, but I just wanted to gloat on here to any vinyl collectors
And don't even ask where I found them. :discodance:

Image
In celebration of finding a mighty great booty of treasure today, I am writing my first Facebook note. In a small bookstore, in the land of milk and honey that is Taiwan, I happened across my greatest score here yet. When I first saw them, I sucked in my breath, my pupils dilated, my shoulders straightened and my breathing shallowed. I glanced around quickly to make sure no one else had spotted what I had seen, then I darted over to lone table with LPs that were sitting by themselves waiting to be taken home and loved. What had caused such a reaction in me? At first it was the Taiwanese pressed Jimi Hendrix album at the front of the crate, but as I was soon to discover it was just the tip of the proverbial friggin' iceberg. The were 4 boxes, about 400 lps that I narrowed down to 100 that were quite desirable. 1 in 4. Pretty good ratio, I'd say. So just what else was in there? Here's a small sample:

Otis Redding
The Miracles
The Animals
The Turtles
Vanilla Fudge
The Who
Bob Dylan
Curtis Mayfield
Marvin Gaye
The Doors
Booker T. & The MGs
Pink Floyd
Traffic
Cream
Van Morrison
Country Joe
The Hollies
The Happenings
Steam
Iron Butterfly
Steam
Black Sabbath
Percy Sledge
Joe Simon
Jerry Butler
Isaac Hayes
CCR
1910 Fruitgum Co.
Mandrill
The Rascals
The Band
The Buckinghams
The Originals
The Dramatics

And a bunch more that I don't feel like typing out.

All of it is Taiwanese pressed.
Many of them have alternative covers to their North American counterparts.
Much of it is on colored vinyl, such as that copy of "Hi, We're The Miracles", Motown's first record.
Can you say Cha-Ching?
Oh, and it all totaled 1450NT. Under $50.
If I could cup your testicles in my hand and warm them, by way of appeasement, I would gladly do so. - TomHill

The women here have jobs which don't involve climbing aboard the Winston Train for a bit of Wu Wu Wu. - Kahna
User avatar
Josefus
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
 
Posts: 4273
Joined: 07 Feb 2005, 19:34



Re: WCIF Vinyl LP's?

Postby Tempo Gain » 15 Oct 2009, 01:03

I ran across an old vinyl store today. in wanhua, Xiyuan Rd sec 2 no. 77. I didn't have the time to go in and look, but they seemed to have quite a few records. looked like random old stuff, not dance.
Image

"Being alive is the meaning." -- Joseph Campbell

"Well I don't guess it has to be, but that's the way we like it." -- Roger Waters

There's only one thing left for me to do momma I gotta ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
User avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)
 
Posts: 12859
Joined: 16 Jul 2004, 22:41
Location: Taipei



Re: WCIF Vinyl LP's?

Postby Josefus » 31 May 2010, 13:47

I saw a couple crates of used dance/house/hippity-hop stuff at Mollies.
Must be a former DJ's collection.
In Gongguan. Not the one by Madame Jills, but the other one.
All late 80's-early 90's.
If I could cup your testicles in my hand and warm them, by way of appeasement, I would gladly do so. - TomHill

The women here have jobs which don't involve climbing aboard the Winston Train for a bit of Wu Wu Wu. - Kahna
User avatar
Josefus
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
 
Posts: 4273
Joined: 07 Feb 2005, 19:34



Re: WCIF Vinyl LP's?

Postby Icon » 31 May 2010, 14:33

Josefus wrote:I posted this on my Facebook, but I just wanted to gloat on here to any vinyl collectors
And don't even ask where I found them. :discodance:

Image
In celebration of finding a mighty great booty of treasure today, I am writing my first Facebook note. In a small bookstore, in the land of milk and honey that is Taiwan, I happened across my greatest score here yet. When I first saw them, I sucked in my breath, my pupils dilated, my shoulders straightened and my breathing shallowed. I glanced around quickly to make sure no one else had spotted what I had seen, then I darted over to lone table with LPs that were sitting by themselves waiting to be taken home and loved. What had caused such a reaction in me? At first it was the Taiwanese pressed Jimi Hendrix album at the front of the crate, but as I was soon to discover it was just the tip of the proverbial friggin' iceberg. The were 4 boxes, about 400 lps that I narrowed down to 100 that were quite desirable. 1 in 4. Pretty good ratio, I'd say. So just what else was in there? Here's a small sample:

Otis Redding
The Miracles
The Animals
The Turtles
Vanilla Fudge
The Who
Bob Dylan
Curtis Mayfield
Marvin Gaye
The Doors
Booker T. & The MGs
Pink Floyd
Traffic
Cream
Van Morrison
Country Joe
The Hollies
The Happenings
Steam
Iron Butterfly
Steam
Black Sabbath
Percy Sledge
Joe Simon
Jerry Butler
Isaac Hayes
CCR
1910 Fruitgum Co.
Mandrill
The Rascals
The Band
The Buckinghams
The Originals
The Dramatics

And a bunch more that I don't feel like typing out.

All of it is Taiwanese pressed.
Many of them have alternative covers to their North American counterparts.
Much of it is on colored vinyl, such as that copy of "Hi, We're The Miracles", Motown's first record.
Can you say Cha-Ching?
Oh, and it all totaled 1450NT. Under $50.


Now that's a find. Enjoy. :bravo:
Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante. Mafalda.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
User avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 19075
Joined: 09 Feb 2006, 18:03
Location: Xindian



Re: WCIF Vinyl LP's?

Postby divea » 31 May 2010, 14:45

Oh the goodtrade flea market has a zillion of these records.
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
 
Posts: 5676
Joined: 19 Mar 2008, 00:45
Location: In the land of Ambrosia



Re: WCIF Vinyl LP's?

Postby Josefus » 31 May 2010, 15:28

divea wrote:Oh the goodtrade flea market has a zillion of these records.


Is that the one by Guting MRT?
I've checked them out, but I remember them being priced significantly higher.
Big selection of stuff, but nothing like that stash above.
I'm pretty picky.
If I could cup your testicles in my hand and warm them, by way of appeasement, I would gladly do so. - TomHill

The women here have jobs which don't involve climbing aboard the Winston Train for a bit of Wu Wu Wu. - Kahna
User avatar
Josefus
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
 
Posts: 4273
Joined: 07 Feb 2005, 19:34



Re: WCIF Vinyl LP's?

Postby Icon » 31 May 2010, 15:43

How about the place in Zhongxxing South Road? I think it is pretty cool. Though pricewise, yeah, it can't compare to that bargain you found.
Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante. Mafalda.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
User avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 19075
Joined: 09 Feb 2006, 18:03
Location: Xindian



Re: WCIF Vinyl LP's?

Postby Josefus » 31 May 2010, 15:49

Icon wrote:How about the place in Zhongxxing South Road? I think it is pretty cool. Though pricewise, yeah, it can't compare to that bargain you found.


Hm.
Would that be the same as Chongqing South Road?
Down in a basement?
It's been a few years since I went there.
I should check it out again.
If I could cup your testicles in my hand and warm them, by way of appeasement, I would gladly do so. - TomHill

The women here have jobs which don't involve climbing aboard the Winston Train for a bit of Wu Wu Wu. - Kahna
User avatar
Josefus
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
 
Posts: 4273
Joined: 07 Feb 2005, 19:34



FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext




Return to Arts & Entertainment



Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 2 guests