What Are You Watching (TV Series, etc.)?

This is the place for discussion of films, books, movies and TV shows, etc. A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: Rockefeller

Re: What Are You Watching (TV Series, etc.)?

Postby bismarck » 21 Apr 2012, 22:49

Icon wrote:
bismarck wrote:
Icon wrote:So, how can I find out how much they cut off the plane version, ehem, Asian TV version, of GOT? It ran 43 minutes, if that helps.

Season 2:
Episode 1 = 55:09 Episode 2 = 54:57 Episode 3 = 54:12

Seems 10 or more minutes short ... :idunno:

Counting end credits or just action? With end credits it was 50, so I thought it wasn't that bad. At least that I noticed...

My copies don't have complete end credits, so less 2-3 minutes for that.
World Champions 1995, 2007; Tri-Nations champions 1998, 2004, 2009; Grand Slam Champions 1912/13, 1931/32, 1951/52, 1960/61; Defeated British & Irish Lions 1903, 1924, 1938, 1962, 1968, 1980, 2009
Super 14 Champions 2007, 2009, 2010
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Second of all, as in all honeymoons, all is well until it is not. It is until the unexpected happens that you will see all grievances surface -ask anyone in any relationship. The girl can chew with her mouth open, that if you love her, you do not care. If you do not lover her, if her pinkie toe is half an inch deviant, the relationship is doomed. - Icon
Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

150 Recommends(s)
143 Recognized(s)

Postby lostinasia » 21 Apr 2012, 23:08

Icon wrote:So, how can I find out how much they cut off the plane version, ehem, Asian TV version, of GOT? It ran 43 minutes, if that helps.

I'm curious what kind of stuff they cut. The very end of the actual episode, i.e. the start of the closing credits, is at 53:50 on my file; but the "Last Season on Game of Thrones" and then the opening credits continue until around the 4:00 mark - so I guess there's 50 minutes of new content.

Possible cutting … actually, there's not much in episode 1, unless I'm missing something:
Spoiler: show
  • a quite bloody body at the tournament (when they drag away the man who fell at the beginning)
  • forcing Captain America to drink a lot of wine, followed by vomiting: perhaps there's some kind of bizarre regulation about depicting imbibing of alcohol
  • haemmoraging out of the ears and nose when an old guy poisons himself, trying to take out the red priestess as well
  • when Tyrion is with his prostitute, the scene does indeed end with her fully clothed (I can imagine you guessing that's where they cut, but they didn't)
  • a bit of nudity in the brothel scene near the end
  • disturbing baby deaths: first baby stabbed off screen, another carried along by the foot
  • torture with a guy's head being held to hot coals - but not particularly graphic

Episode 2 has a bit more to cut, with what may be one of the most gratuitous ugh moments in television history.

Y'know, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the cutting was randomly done simply to fit in commercials. Does that happen on HBO Asia?
Forumosan avatar
lostinasia
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

64 Recommends(s)
103 Recognized(s)

Postby Toe Save » 23 Apr 2012, 20:59

Game of Thrones S2E4

What the fudge was that? :thumbsup: :popcorn:

On a side note, I'd like to add what I am not watching. The Vancouver Canucks. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Forumosan avatar
Toe Save
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

63 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby Bu Lai En » 23 Apr 2012, 21:16

Toe Save wrote:Game of Thrones S2E4

Cracker episode!

Favourite lines:

(Of Loris Tyrell) "He can't be that good a sword. He's been stabbing Renley Boratheon for years, and he's not dead yet".

(Of King Joffrey) "You think that'll cure him?" "There's no cure for being a cvnt".

Tyrion was totally jazz.

And that ending - wtf?

Oh, and Boratheon brothers are cool. Stanis is perfect, and I'm liking Renley more.
I have news. Good news from Notting Hill. The consignment of white gold for Mr Anderson has arrived.

http://theboolion.wordpress.com/ Image
Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

15 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 24 Apr 2012, 09:24

Regarding plane versions, last night caught glimpses of Entourage while doing the laundry. Most remarkable: they actually "mosaiqued" a bong. WTH?! :loco:
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

790 Recommends(s)
615 Recognized(s)

Postby adguy » 24 Apr 2012, 09:41

Rockefeller wrote:So Parks and Recreation came back from its break yesterday... saw the episode it was GREAT! Looking forward to next week's episode where Paul Rudd will come back for a guest star. Btw If you haven't seen the show, I highly recommend it. Please give yourself a chance! Its much better than The Office (now especially since Steve Carell left).

I second that. I love this show, and it gets better every year.
Forumosan avatar
adguy
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

14 Recognized(s)

Postby Rockefeller » 28 Apr 2012, 01:01

adguy wrote:
Rockefeller wrote:So Parks and Recreation came back from its break yesterday... saw the episode it was GREAT! Looking forward to next week's episode where Paul Rudd will come back for a guest star. Btw If you haven't seen the show, I highly recommend it. Please give yourself a chance! Its much better than The Office (now especially since Steve Carell left).

I second that. I love this show, and it gets better every year.

Totally! most of nbc's Thursday comedies are so underrated. Community for instance, one of the smartest comedies on tv right now and the writing is just great. and 30 rock... yesterday and last week's live shows were pretty awesome! don't understand how nielson gets its ratings.

P.S. any dexter fans out here? anyone feel WTF about the deb-dexter situation?
Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

94 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 28 Apr 2012, 21:55

I read Community is also in danger because of ratings... rats.

OK, GOT is getting silly. 48 minutes today. Double rats.

Looking forward to CSI 12, with Dawson -oh, boy. They also announced Terra Nova on local cable.

Definitively must learn how to use alternative sources...

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

790 Recommends(s)
615 Recognized(s)

Postby bismarck » 30 Apr 2012, 12:16

On Season 9 of Smallville. Still good, but I'm getting frustrated that Clark hasn't figured out how the hell to fly yet. I mean, c'mon!! Even in the comic books he could fly early on!!
World Champions 1995, 2007; Tri-Nations champions 1998, 2004, 2009; Grand Slam Champions 1912/13, 1931/32, 1951/52, 1960/61; Defeated British & Irish Lions 1903, 1924, 1938, 1962, 1968, 1980, 2009
Super 14 Champions 2007, 2009, 2010
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Second of all, as in all honeymoons, all is well until it is not. It is until the unexpected happens that you will see all grievances surface -ask anyone in any relationship. The girl can chew with her mouth open, that if you love her, you do not care. If you do not lover her, if her pinkie toe is half an inch deviant, the relationship is doomed. - Icon
Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

150 Recommends(s)
143 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 02 May 2012, 15:43

bismarck wrote:On Season 9 of Smallville. Still good, but I'm getting frustrated that Clark hasn't figured out how the hell to fly yet. I mean, c'mon!! Even in the comic books he could fly early on!!

The guy from my series said this week he wants SPN to last 11 seasons so he can brag to Tom Welling -seems they are all pals-that they outlasted Smallville. Pity quality may take a hit...

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

790 Recommends(s)
615 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Arts & Entertainment