Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

What Are You Watching (TV Series, etc.)?

This is the place for discussion of films, books, movies and TV shows, etc. A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: Rockefeller

Re: What Are You Watching (TV Series, etc.)?

Postby Toe Save » 04 Apr 2012, 15:37

I love my tracker. I just watched Game of Thrones S2E2. So many Kings. So few thrones. What a great show.
Forumosan avatar
Toe Save
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

55 Recommends(s)
50 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 04 Apr 2012, 15:43

Toe Save wrote:I love my tracker. I just watched Game of Thrones S2E2. So many Kings. So few thrones. What a great show.

Yeah, it's magnificent. :thumbsup:

I watched the first season of "American Horror Story" in one sitting a while back. I liked it. But then again, I also like "Glee". :oops:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper

This post was recommended by ThreadKiller (22 Jul 2012, 16:31)
Rating: 5.88%
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

986 Recommends(s)
373 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 04 Apr 2012, 17:32

Just had a great laugh with the poor guys they sent over on the real Amazing Race set in Taipei. So difficult to get around, I mean, the first clue was a billboard in Ximending. kind of looking for a Chinese student with glasses at Tai-Da...
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

635 Recommends(s)
502 Recognized(s)

Postby Rockefeller » 04 Apr 2012, 19:02

bismarck wrote:The Season 8 premiere of Smallville was bloody awesome!! Watched episode 1 and 2 back to back. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can't say about anything prior to s8 (since that's where I picked up the show), but happy to tell ya IMO it only gets better from there. The Tess character is pretty well done, and the actor who plays Lois really steps up her game as the show progresses. :bravo:

rob_the_canuck wrote:Any of you gents know a website I can watch TV series on? I don't mind paying a monthly fee if need be, but the constant censoring out of important bits of shows on Star, etc and seriously inconvenient times is getting to me. Plus, there are a ton of shows I really want to watch, but can't. Does Netflix offer international service yet?

Does Hulu plus work here?
Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

70 Recognized(s)

Postby Rockefeller » 04 Apr 2012, 19:03

jimipresley wrote:I watched the first season of "American Horror Story" in one sitting a while back. I liked it. But then again, I also like "Glee". :oops:

I've only seen the Madonna and Britney Spears episodes, but they were good. Nothing to be embarrassed of :-)
Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller

70 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 05 Apr 2012, 13:12

Until June... *sigh*

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

635 Recommends(s)
502 Recognized(s)

Postby monoclub » 12 Apr 2012, 09:46

Saw "The Slap" and Aussie drama series being advertised on the Sundance channel and decided to DL.
Some of the best TV going, entertaining, poignant & thought provoking.
monoclub
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Postby Rockefeller » 12 Apr 2012, 19:43

Friday Night Lights was awesome! Season two not so much, but on the whole a dope show. :thumbsup:

Icon wrote:Until June... *sigh*

Another fan of the supernatural, eh? I take it you're also a fan of twilight?
Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller

70 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 12 Apr 2012, 22:05

Good heaven's, man, hell, NOOOOOOO!!!! I am a fan of the supernatural, not the superboring. And yes, i browsed the books, I have attempted to finish the movies. Mission Impossible. My brain rejects them on principle. :sick:

For instance, I liked Charmed, I liked The Dead Zone. True Blood is sort of cool, even if I have to endure the airplane version, but at least, the DVDs are, AFAIK, uncensored.

I really like Japanese, Thai and Hong Kong horror movies, and I even enjoy the old fashioned zombie vampire Taoist old movies on TV. Anything but Twig. You're killing me, man! :p

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

635 Recommends(s)
502 Recognized(s)

Postby Dougster » 13 Apr 2012, 00:54

Has anyone seen any of Mad Men season 5? Don Draper was going off the rails a bit in season 4, and then got married, which was bit out of character. Not sure how the series is developing, maybe heading towards free love flower-power vibe.
"A pair of quadruple whiskys and a pair of pints please" Withnail
Forumosan avatar
Dougster
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

1 Recommends(s)
13 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Arts & Entertainment