Icon wrote:So, how can I find out how much they cut off the plane version, ehem, Asian TV version, of GOT? It ran 43 minutes, if that helps.
I'm curious what kind of stuff they cut. The very end of the actual episode, i.e. the start of the closing credits, is at 53:50 on my file; but the "Last Season on Game of Thrones" and then the opening credits continue until around the 4:00 mark - so I guess there's 50 minutes of new content.
Possible cutting … actually, there's not much in episode 1, unless I'm missing something:
- a quite bloody body at the tournament (when they drag away the man who fell at the beginning)
- forcing Captain America to drink a lot of wine, followed by vomiting: perhaps there's some kind of bizarre regulation about depicting imbibing of alcohol
- haemmoraging out of the ears and nose when an old guy poisons himself, trying to take out the red priestess as well
- when Tyrion is with his prostitute, the scene does indeed end with her fully clothed (I can imagine you guessing that's where they cut, but they didn't)
- a bit of nudity in the brothel scene near the end
- disturbing baby deaths: first baby stabbed off screen, another carried along by the foot
- torture with a guy's head being held to hot coals - but not particularly graphic
Episode 2 has a bit more to cut, with what may be one of the most gratuitous ugh moments in television history.
Y'know, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the cutting was randomly done simply to fit in commercials. Does that happen on HBO Asia?