Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Favourite Movie Moments!

This is the place for discussion of films, books, movies and TV shows, etc. A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: Rockefeller

Re: favourite movie moments!

Postby English_guy » 01 Apr 2010, 02:10

Sermon on the mount scene from The Life of Brian (Monty Python) Maybe it's British humor, but gets me laughing my socks off every time.

Oh...a little ashamed to admit this one.. but.. the final scene in Karate Kid when he does the crane move. Gives me goose bumps. haha. (Don't mention that to anyone though)
http://www.taiwandeal.com - Taiwan English Teaching Jobs, apartments, items for sale, personals, and more.
English_guy
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby ThreadKiller » 01 Apr 2010, 22:28

Viola Davis managed to get an Oscar nomination despite being in the movie under ten minutes. Devastating performance. How to hold your own against Meryl and claim your son is better off with a paedophile? - UNBELIEVABLY GOOD.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here." (Melvin Udall)

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." (Denis Diderot)

"I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people." (Katharine Hepburn)
ThreadKiller
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

Postby JFP » 01 Apr 2010, 22:33

The good the bad and the ugly
From Sergio Leone
With great ost from Ennio Morricone!

My favorite western movie :popcorn:

JFP
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

Postby ThreadKiller » 01 Apr 2010, 23:23

Branagh's "Much Ado about Nothing" has to be the best Shakespeare adaptation I have ever seen.

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." (Denis Diderot)

"I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people." (Katharine Hepburn)
ThreadKiller

Postby ThreadKiller » 01 Apr 2010, 23:29

Katie - the crazed yak.

The writer has said that he based Katie on a crazed next-door neighbour he had.

ThreadKiller

Postby jimipresley » 01 Apr 2010, 23:30

freethinker wrote:Branagh's "Much Ado about Nothing" has to be the best Shakespeare adaptation I have ever seen.

Utter nonsense.

You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

In Taiwan since: 07 Apr 2001

Postby ThreadKiller » 02 Apr 2010, 00:16

Okay - you almost got me there. The Polanski and Taymor adaptations are awesome. Loved them (and love whatever they do). But "Much Ado" is still splendid. It's more difficult to do a great Shakespearian comedic adaptation - comedy doesn't translate as well over the years. Tragedy is kinda universal. "Much Ado" go it right. It was the first time I thought "Shakespeare can be funny." Have you seen it?

ThreadKiller

Postby jimipresley » 02 Apr 2010, 00:24

freethinker wrote:Okay - you got me there. Polanski and Taymor adaptations are awesome. Loved them. But "Much Ado" is still splendid. Have you seen it?

The only gay film I've seen is "Terminator 2". Oh, and "Strictly Ballroom".
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

In Taiwan since: 07 Apr 2001

Postby ThreadKiller » 02 Apr 2010, 00:30

jimipresley wrote:The only gay film I've seen is "Terminator 2". Oh, and "Strictly Ballroom".

You should watch more HBO!

ThreadKiller

Postby k.k. » 02 Apr 2010, 09:14

Good Will Hunting is one of my favorite movies of all-time. I just love the scene at the end of this clip where Will delivers the famous "how do ya like them apples?!..." line. The whole scene where it starts back in the univ bar is classic though.

k.k.
"Drinks for the House!"

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Return to Arts & Entertainment