Should I watch The Godfather Part III?

This is the place for discussion of films, books, movies and TV shows, etc. A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: Rockefeller

Re: Should I watch The Godfather Part III?

Postby TwoTongues » 09 Jun 2010, 22:21

grassyarse wrote:maybe its about time for a part 4? before everyone gets too wrinkly.

I think they ought to leave it be. Who the hell cares about the characters anymore, the kid grew up to be Al Pacino, messed around, killed is brother, lost the wife, and it's done. The Sopranos did Italian gangsters to death already. If I don't see another mafia movie for 10 years, that would be just groovy. Or a hospital TV show. Or a lawyer/DA/crime unit TV show. Grow a bloody imagination!

Sorry

[edit] A fourth godfather, and no second Big Lebowski? Heretics, heathen, and blasphemers, all

Sorry again
"Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber." - The Dude
Forumosan avatar
TwoTongues
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby grassyarse » 09 Jun 2010, 23:07

its true.. I've only seen like 3 episodes of sopranos. that explains it. :discodance:
grassyarse
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby TwoTongues » 09 Jun 2010, 23:16

grassyarse wrote:its true.. I've only seen like 3 episodes of sopranos. that explains it. :discodance:

I stopped watching after a couple episodes, the absolute farce - those guys' hair - enough of the mockery of Italians already, jesus, it's just plain silly already. And those Joysee accents! Of course it might have something to do with me coming from South Philly...
"Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber." - The Dude
Forumosan avatar
TwoTongues

2 Recognized(s)

Postby Bubba 2 Guns » 09 Jun 2010, 23:46

TwoTongues wrote:
grassyarse wrote:its true.. I've only seen like 3 episodes of sopranos. that explains it. :discodance:

I stopped watching after a couple episodes, the absolute farce - those guys' hair - enough of the mockery of Italians already, jesus, it's just plain silly already. And those Joysee accents! Of course it might have something to do with me coming from South Philly...

Where the gangsters running south Philly are all from Atlantic City and the old crime family had it's ass handed to it by their own boss. That's okay-most of the Guidos from Jersey Shore are from New Yak because Joisy didn't have enough Guidos.
""It occurred to me, the basis of fiction, is that people have some sort of connection with each other that they don't" -Richard Harrow
Forumosan avatar
Bubba 2 Guns

6 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)

Postby bryska » 10 Jun 2010, 01:04

It's just bad. Compared to the first two - awful. Bad writing, very bad acting, waste of time and bad aftertaste.
bryska
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

1 Recommends(s)

Postby tommy525 » 10 Jun 2010, 02:53

I agree basically. GF3 was a waste of breath.

Wouldve remained a better "classic" with just the first 2.
Savage - what a nice performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMCMjEb68ds
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

581 Recommends(s)
366 Recognized(s)

Postby lostinasia » 14 Jun 2010, 17:04

Screaming Jesus wrote:I'm one of those people who thinks that # 1 is much better than # 2. # 1 is the story of a good man who slowly transforms into a bad man. # 2 just dances around the edges of that.

Hey, so I'm not the only one! I don't understand the love for #2: #1 is a wonderful story of a man's fall. #2? He just falls further.

A minor twist on the topic: how are the "Coppola Restoration" DVDs? (Not the Blu-Ray ones). I've never actually owned copies of these movies, and I've heard that the Blu-Ray restorations are fantastic, but I haven't heard about how the restorations come across on "mere" DVD.
Forumosan avatar
lostinasia
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

43 Recommends(s)
74 Recognized(s)

Postby Taffy » 14 Jun 2010, 17:19

This has reminded me - I did actually watch Part III. Apart from Coppola's horrible performance (oh and matey who played the new don-in-training - he was shit too) it wasn't that bad, but certainly nothing to stand against the other two.
Taffy
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

ORIGINAL POSTER
103 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Arts & Entertainment