Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Bands, Singers, and Musicians Needed

This is the place for discussion of films, books, movies and TV shows, etc. A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: Rockefeller

Bands, Singers, and Musicians Needed

Postby swingking » 07 Apr 2004, 19:43

Moderator's note: It's best to go the end of this thread to see most recent requests.

"Elvis" located at Civil boulevard and Da'an is looking for small acoustic, jazz, or experimental bands 7 nights a week. Please call Jon at 0917 999 314 to submit a demo or to notify us of where you are playing so we can check you out. You can also contact me at jonraabe@yahoo.com.
swingking

ORIGINAL POSTER

Acoustic Guitar Player looking for friends/musicians

Postby Blues » 22 Apr 2004, 05:02

Hi,

Im new to Taipei and have been thinking about putting together a small acoustic act. I have been playing for about 7 years but have slacked off the past year but want to get serious again. I would like to start by jamming with a few people and makeing some friends then maybe finding a small venue/club/bar to perform.

I play a lot of Dave Mathews and like a wide genre of music... but tend to focus on things that can are acoustically inclinded. I have a lot of original content that is pretty decent and played in a band in College for two years.

Drop me an email if you are interested... Geraldaf@mac.com.

-Gerald-
Hello... goodbye... and everything in between.
I'd go the whole wide world, just to find her.
Forumosan avatar
Blues
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

looking for improvisionally inclined musicians

Postby the bear » 30 Apr 2004, 15:46

ok well the bear has decided it's time to get the band back together so anyone interested in meeting for some open-ended jazz-improv. jams then let me know...i play keyboards but can play some guitar or bass if needed...the kind of music I'm interested in would be mostly jazz-funk, groove-based stuff but also anything improv. related. jazz standards also would be cool if there's any horn players interested...

you do need to have command of your instrument but technical virtuosity is not essential (otherwise I'd be fucked for starters!)

former members of the late, great reverend peacock are welcome to apply

let me know if anyone's interested
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

28 Recommends(s)
104 Recognized(s)

Postby Bassman » 30 Apr 2004, 18:41

Oh yes, but damn it, I am in Taichung county.
Forumosan avatar
Bassman

3 Recognized(s)

Postby Xpet » 01 May 2004, 23:50

Hi the bear, I'm a bass-player (e- & double bass), mostly interested in anything that grooves, have played funk, standards & latin and lots of other stuff. Can double on the guitar as well. Have full gear. Don't read music but have ears. PM me if you're still looking for either a bass player or a guitarist. Thanks, Xpet.
We left Taiwan, but then we didn't ...
Forumosan avatar
Xpet
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

Postby the bear » 02 May 2004, 20:50

sorry bassman the kiwi funk connection will just have to wait 4 now...xpet PM coming yr way
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear

28 Recommends(s)
104 Recognized(s)

Musicians Seeking Musicians (and Stages)

Postby rshanlon2 » 13 Jun 2004, 19:52

fellow jazz guitarists/musicians

I've been studying and playing jazz guitar for about 15 years. I'm living in Neihu (Taipei) and am looking for other jazz guitarists or musicians who would be interested in playing small combo stuff.
rshanlon2
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

any other jazz musicians

Postby rshanlon2 » 13 Jun 2004, 19:53

I've been studying and playing jazz guitar for about 15 years. I'm living in Neihu (Taipei) and am looking for other jazz guitarists or musicians who would be interested in playing small combo stuff.
rshanlon2

"Classical" Musicians

Postby rshanlon2 » 13 Jun 2004, 19:58

My wife, flutist, and myself, classical guitarist, would be interested in hooking up with other musicians for small ensemble music making (classical/romantic/20th cent.).

A cellist, violinist, violist or melodic percussionist might make a nice ensemble.

any of those people lurking on the island in the Taipei area.

we're in Neihu.
rshanlon2

Postby eaLiT » 14 Jun 2004, 13:35

I play piano, trap, and a little bit of guitar/bass. But I'm not in Taiwan...yet :p
eaLiT

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Arts & Entertainment