Letterman

This is the place for discussion of films, books, movies and TV shows, etc. A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: Rockefeller

Re: Letterman

Postby divea » 17 Aug 2010, 17:09

sandman wrote:
divea wrote:
sandman wrote:Oh. Yank talkshow TV.
Nope. Don't know it. Never actually heard of it, either, until today. Any good?

It's an old man laughing at others, ridiculing them, making fun of celebrities.....is that any good ever??? :p

WAIT! Don't I hold the patent on that? Who the HELL is this wrong-side-of-the-pond bloody young UPSTART? :fume:

And women find him HOT!!!
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

367 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 17 Aug 2010, 17:14

divea wrote:
sandman wrote:
divea wrote:

It's an old man laughing at others, ridiculing them, making fun of celebrities.....is that any good ever??? :p

WAIT! Don't I hold the patent on that? Who the HELL is this wrong-side-of-the-pond bloody young UPSTART? :fume:

Well, I just googled him and I have to admit that he's not funny, not entertaining, not handsome, not clever. In fact , a complete and utter twat. Perfect for American TV, sure, but not even CLOSE to being in my league.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 17 Aug 2010, 17:20

sandman wrote:
divea wrote:
sandman wrote:
divea wrote:

Well, I just googled him and I have to admit that he's not funny, not entertaining, not handsome, not clever. In fact , a complete and utter twat. Perfect for American TV, sure, but not even CLOSE to being in my league.

whoa, wait, wait wait, who said you had to be any of that to be hot?? The guys got daaaaaaaaallllaaaaaarrrrrs and he sleeps with women who work for him. He's popular :D
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea

367 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 17 Aug 2010, 17:22

divea wrote:
sandman wrote:
divea wrote:
sandman wrote:
divea wrote:

whoa, wait, wait wait, who said you had to be any of that to be hot?? The guys got daaaaaaaaallllaaaaaarrrrrs and he sleeps with women who work for him. He's popular :D

I don't sleep with 'em. I please 'em. :thumbsup:
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby TwoTongues » 17 Aug 2010, 17:23

Used to be watchable with the occasional late night innovation, the past 10 years have been mostly stagnant stale and stupid - the 3 S's of excellent US broadcast TV.
"Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber." - The Dude
Forumosan avatar
TwoTongues
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 17 Aug 2010, 17:25

sandman wrote:
divea wrote:
sandman wrote:
divea wrote:
sandman wrote:
divea wrote:

I don't sleep with 'em. I please 'em. :thumbsup:

offer me a job...NOW.
- Leo Roston
divea

367 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

Postby Naughtius » 18 Aug 2010, 01:25

I still find Letterman enjoyable. Especially since the alternative, if I were in the States, is Jay Leno. Who wants to watch his lame 15 minute monologues? I've had the pleasure of attending a Letterman taping earlier this year. Was quite fun indeed.
Forumosan avatar
Naughtius
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recognized(s)

Postby Dr. McCoy » 18 Aug 2010, 10:54

I like Dave. I haven't seen his show in years except for the odd clips on the Internet.
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

146 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 18 Aug 2010, 11:26

Dr. McCoy wrote:I like Dave. I haven't seen his show in years except for the odd clips on the Internet.

I think most cable TV stations should have it. It's not like those US shows are not available.
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Arts & Entertainment