Upcoming Concerts 2011

This is the place for discussion of films, books, movies and TV shows, etc. A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: Rockefeller

Upcoming Concerts 2011

Postby Icon » 05 Jan 2011, 11:39

Janet Jackson next month. Highlight of the evening? A duet with MJ, thanks to modern technology.

Janet Jackson's largest ever world tour celebrating for the first time the Icon's 35 number ones hits in 35 global cities is going to Taipei. Fans submitted suggestions to http://www.janetjackson.com to have their city selected as a date on the JANET JACKSON Number Ones, Up Close and Personal tour. The Taipei performance will take place on Feb 18th at the Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center.

This tour will differ from her previous concert schedules in that she will perform music exclusively from her chart topping CD NUMBER ONES. There will also be a focus on venues that will allow Janet to be up close and personal in a much more intimate setting. This show is JANET more revealed, more intimate, and more personal than ever before. Don't look for special effects. Just look at Janet.

Tickets will go on sale January 8th on G-music tickets. For more ticketing information please reach Veryaspect and G-music tickets.

Janet has expressed her excitement for the upcoming performance in Taipei by stating,

"My fans have voted and I'm very excited to tell you that Taipei will be the next city of my Number Ones Up Close and Personal tour. This is my first concert ever in Taipei, and I can't wait to share the love and rock it out. There will be special changes in this show to honor the culture and beautiful people of Taiwan."

http://www.janetjackson.com/story/news/ ... ional_tour
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."

TOMMY WAS THE ONE WHO STARTED THE AVATAR BUSINESS!
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
593 Recommends(s)
467 Recognized(s)

Re: Upcoming concerts 2011

Postby WaltzingMatilda » 05 Jan 2011, 11:59

The Eagles at Linkou Stadiuam on 26 February 2011 is discussed in http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=93687

Maroon 5 at Nangang Exhibition Centre on 19 May, 2011

http://www.songkick.com/concerts/774292 ... um=partner
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Power is like being a lady... if you have to tell people you are, you aren't."
- Margaret Thatcher
Forumosan avatar
WaltzingMatilda
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

34 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Re: Upcoming concerts 2011

Postby sandman » 05 Jan 2011, 14:25

There will be special changes in this show to honor the culture and beautiful people of Taiwan."

She obviously hasn't seen the recycling lady who lives in my street.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Re: Upcoming Concerts 2011

Postby ThreadKiller » 07 Jan 2011, 22:08

Icon wrote:
This tour will differ from her previous concert schedules in that she will perform music exclusively from her chart topping CD NUMBER ONES. There will also be a focus on venues that will allow Janet to be up close and personal in a much more intimate setting. This show is JANET more revealed, more intimate, and more personal than ever before. Don't look for special effects. Just look at Janet.

We'll be getting tickets tomorrow, but I must say that I am not impressed with the "more intimate" aspect of things. I'm probably being too sensitive here, but it sounds to me like they are saying: "we don't want to schlep everything to Asia and the Taiwanese don't expect that much, anyway." So, I'm getting my tickets, but hope my irritation wears off by the time of the concert.

I'm paying the same for her show that I paid for other big shows, and so I'll just say: "I don't want frigging intimate. If I pay a few thousand for a ticket, I expect several costume changes, spectacularly creative displays, muscular background dancers, and a gorilla or at least some trapeze artists."

I'd be happy to pay for intimacy with someone like Leonard Cohen. With Janet, however, I'm waiting to see if I have been duped or not.
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here." (Melvin Udall)

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." (Denis Diderot)

"I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people." (Katharine Hepburn)
Forumosan avatar
ThreadKiller
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

99 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby cake » 15 Jan 2011, 18:55

What happened to the events forum?

Shouldn't these be mentioned there?
"War is just a racket. I helped make Mexico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for international banking in 1909-1912. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested" - Major General Smedley Butler
http://lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm
cake
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

Location: Dubya - who has borrowed more $$$ than the previous 42 presidents combined
21 Recognized(s)

Postby ThreadKiller » 20 Jan 2011, 21:26

cake wrote:What happened to the events forum?

Shouldn't these be mentioned there?

Perhaps - but art exhibitions and concerts also fall under the topic of Arts and Entertainments. People posting in this thread aren't trying to drum up support for their own events and I feel it's okay for the thread to remain here. This one could have been placed in either forum though.
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here." (Melvin Udall)

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." (Denis Diderot)

"I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people." (Katharine Hepburn)
Forumosan avatar
ThreadKiller

99 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby k.k. » 20 Jan 2011, 22:36

I only heard today that Janet Jackson is coming here for a show. I didn't know she was still out there doing stuff. Is she actually promoting a new album?

I'm hoping something a bit edgier comes for a visit, the Deep Purple show last spring was lots of fun.
Forumosan avatar
k.k.
"Drinks for the House!"

27 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 28 Jan 2011, 15:11

Bob Dylan April 3rd at Taipei Arena

巴布狄倫 Bob Dylan台北演唱會
時間: 2011年4月3日(週日)
場地:台北小巨蛋
票價:8000, 6000, 4800, 4000, 3200, 2400, 1600, 800
主辦單位 : 有像文化 02-27557058
購票請洽:博客來售票網 http://tickets.books.com.tw/ 客戶服務專線:02-26535588
更多演唱會訊息請上:有像文化臉書粉絲團 http://www.facebook.com/VeryAspect.X

Previous discussion: http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph ... 3&start=60

And Eagles confirmed in Linkou February 26th.

*plus Macy Gray Feb. 27th Legacy Taipei
Mr. Big May 3rd at SYS http://blog.yam.com/michaelwu30/article/33932971
and Air Supply :eek:
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."

TOMMY WAS THE ONE WHO STARTED THE AVATAR BUSINESS!
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
593 Recommends(s)
467 Recognized(s)

Postby k.k. » 28 Jan 2011, 15:16

Eric Clapton is doing a world tour, and in Hong Kong and Singapore in Feb/March. Nothing set for Taiwan unfortunately.
Forumosan avatar
k.k.
"Drinks for the House!"

27 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)

Postby Taffy » 28 Jan 2011, 15:32

Icon wrote:and Air Supply :eek:

Don't those bastards have citizenship here yet?
Taffy
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

102 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Next

x

Return to Arts & Entertainment