Charlie Sheen: deranged, drug-addled lunatic.

This is the place for discussion of films, books, movies and TV shows, etc. A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: Rockefeller

Re: Charlie Sheen: deranged, drug-addled lunatic.

Postby Namahottie » 03 Mar 2011, 01:25

Jaboney wrote:Nice to know that after weeks of shifting attention to the struggles of millions of people in half a dozen countries to overthrow dictatorships in favour of democracy, Hollywood-style self-indulgence has once again reclaimed the headlines.


:lol:
@michellemalkin Just so we're perfectly fucking clear here: You're a crazy fucking shitwad. Enjoy your night. Read more at @MayorEmanuel
Namahottie
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
 
Posts: 8810
Joined: 19 Apr 2004, 20:54
2 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)



Re: Charlie Sheen: deranged, drug-addled lunatic.

Postby naijeru » 03 Mar 2011, 03:58

Jaboney wrote:Nice to know that after weeks of shifting attention to the struggles of millions of people in half a dozen countries to overthrow dictatorships in favour of democracy, Hollywood-style self-indulgence has once again reclaimed the headlines.

That is what is disgusting about this, not Sheen's "been there done that bad boy" behavior. On any given day you can find a washed up celebrity behaving badly and blowing a successful career.

This post was recommended by petr0lb0mb (03 Mar 2011, 04:12)
Rating: 4%
Forumosan avatar
naijeru
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
 
Posts: 745
Joined: 25 Mar 2005, 23:59
Location: Brooklyn, USA
14 Recognized(s)



Re: Charlie Sheen: deranged, drug-addled lunatic.

Postby tommy525 » 03 Mar 2011, 03:59

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... nting.html

Charlie Sheen - the train wreck in slow motion.
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 18207
Joined: 14 Sep 2006, 17:25
Location: calif baby !
608 Recommends(s)
379 Recognized(s)



Re: Charlie Sheen: deranged, drug-addled lunatic.

Postby Baas Babelaas » 03 Mar 2011, 04:38

So glad am am I that I don't do that mischief anymore.

Sad to see his fall.

He needs to be hospitalized, expediently.
Forumosan avatar
Baas Babelaas
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
 
Posts: 1759
Joined: 19 Nov 2004, 19:51
Location: In my mind
9 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)



Re: Charlie Sheen: deranged, drug-addled lunatic.

Postby Mother Theresa » 03 Mar 2011, 06:13

naijeru wrote:
Jaboney wrote:Nice to know that after weeks of shifting attention to the struggles of millions of people in half a dozen countries to overthrow dictatorships in favour of democracy, Hollywood-style self-indulgence has once again reclaimed the headlines.

That is what is disgusting about this, not Sheen's "been there done that bad boy" behavior. On any given day you can find a washed up celebrity behaving badly and blowing a successful career.

Nonsense. The only disgusting thing is that kind of pretentious sneering down the nose at mundane, commonplace gossip while trying to project an air of superiority because one purportedly has no interest in such crass matters and is only interested in world politics and other "important" events. Well, I call hogwash. We all know war, revolution, political upheaval, global poverty, overpopulation and the future of our planet are of greater importance than the affairs of some two-bit celebrity, but that doesn't mean it's wrong to switch channels from time to time, when one grows tired of watching the blood and rockthrowing and just wants to get a few laughs or catch the sight of some tits. Egypt, Libya, Tunisia -- they're all still in the news. But one is NOT a lesser creature just because one is not concerned exclusively with such heavy matters. So :raspberry:

Moreover. . . :grandpa:

This is not just a trivial story about the color of a celebrity's eyes or the size of his. . . paycheck. This is a story about addiction, a plague that surely affects a billion people worldwide. Did you watch that video interview, back a couple of pages in this thread? Holy cow, what a complete fool, utterly deluded and deceived, rambling egotistically, stupidly, nonsensically, trying to act as though he has everything completely under control, totally oblivious to how obvious it is to any viewer that he's a total wreck, completely OUT of control. As many of us know, that's how addiction is. One can make excuses and rationalize and explain, but in the end it's all BS. If you're using you're using and it makes little difference what phoney stories one tries to use to fool others: all that matters is the truth. As someone who used to be seriously under the grip of a substance years ago, and also seriously deluded, I can understand a little of what he's going through. Of course few of us are/were anywhere near as hopeless as him (because we lack the immense salary and movie star ego that support his binging and delusion), but still I think there IS a very grave and serious message to be learned from his sad tale. Witness addiction and learn. Is that really so trivial?
"The internet is a monster over which we have no control. We can’t even turn it off." Jeremy Clarkson
Forumosan avatar
Mother Theresa
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)
 
Posts: 12159
ORIGINAL POSTER
Joined: 13 Sep 2002, 07:53
Location: Taipei
14 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)



Re: Charlie Sheen: deranged, drug-addled lunatic.

Postby Gao Bohan » 03 Mar 2011, 06:20

petr0lb0mb wrote:He was great in Platoon. One of my top ten all-time faves.


Mine too. Sure, he's got a famous actor for a dad, but Charlie Sheen is a reputable actor in his own right. I'm surprised to see some of the visceral reactions from ordinarily thoughtful posters here. It's sad to see such a long, successful career end like this.
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal. - John F. Kennedy
Forumosan avatar
Gao Bohan
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
 
Posts: 6426
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 03:20
Location: The Glorious American Empire
164 Recommends(s)
301 Recognized(s)



Re: Charlie Sheen: deranged, drug-addled lunatic.

Postby Namahottie » 03 Mar 2011, 08:19

Mother Theresa wrote:
naijeru wrote:
Jaboney wrote:Nice to know that after weeks of shifting attention to the struggles of millions of people in half a dozen countries to overthrow dictatorships in favour of democracy, Hollywood-style self-indulgence has once again reclaimed the headlines.

That is what is disgusting about this, not Sheen's "been there done that bad boy" behavior. On any given day you can find a washed up celebrity behaving badly and blowing a successful career.

Nonsense. The only disgusting thing is that kind of pretentious sneering down the nose at mundane, commonplace gossip while trying to project an air of superiority because one purportedly has no interest in such crass matters and is only interested in world politics and other "important" events. Well, I call hogwash. We all know war, revolution, political upheaval, global poverty, overpopulation and the future of our planet are of greater importance than the affairs of some two-bit celebrity, but that doesn't mean it's wrong to switch channels from time to time, when one grows tired of watching the blood and rockthrowing and just wants to get a few laughs or catch the sight of some tits. Egypt, Libya, Tunisia -- they're all still in the news. But one is NOT a lesser creature just because one is not concerned exclusively with such heavy matters. So :raspberry:

Moreover. . . :grandpa:

This is not just a trivial story about the color of a celebrity's eyes or the size of his. . . paycheck. This is a story about addiction, a plague that surely affects a billion people worldwide. Did you watch that video interview, back a couple of pages in this thread? Holy cow, what a complete fool, utterly deluded and deceived, rambling egotistically, stupidly, nonsensically, trying to act as though he has everything completely under control, totally oblivious to how obvious it is to any viewer that he's a total wreck, completely OUT of control. As many of us know, that's how addiction is. One can make excuses and rationalize and explain, but in the end it's all BS. If you're using you're using and it makes little difference what phoney stories one tries to use to fool others: all that matters is the truth. As someone who used to be seriously under the grip of a substance years ago, and also seriously deluded, I can understand a little of what he's going through. Of course few of us are/were anywhere near as hopeless as him (because we lack the immense salary and movie star ego that support his binging and delusion), but still I think there IS a very grave and serious message to be learned from his sad tale. Witness addiction and learn. Is that really so trivial?



Truth be told, I wonder what Charlie Sheen's expectations were when he started doing drugs?
@michellemalkin Just so we're perfectly fucking clear here: You're a crazy fucking shitwad. Enjoy your night. Read more at @MayorEmanuel
Namahottie
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
 
Posts: 8810
Joined: 19 Apr 2004, 20:54
2 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)



Re: Charlie Sheen: deranged, drug-addled lunatic.

Postby Lo Pan » 03 Mar 2011, 08:33

Namahottie wrote:Truth be told, I wonder what Charlie Sheen's expectations were when he started doing drugs?


probably the same as anyone else's, a good time... maybe a short escape from the pressures of daily life (yes, rich/famous people have pressures in their daily lives too)


...life Rick James said, "Cocaine is a hell'uva drug!"
Forumosan avatar
Lo Pan
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
 
Posts: 241
Joined: 16 Oct 2010, 20:04
18 Recommends(s)
12 Recognized(s)



Re: Charlie Sheen: deranged, drug-addled lunatic.

Postby Mother Theresa » 03 Mar 2011, 09:15

Lo Pan wrote:
Namahottie wrote:Truth be told, I wonder what Charlie Sheen's expectations were when he started doing drugs?


probably the same as anyone else's, a good time... maybe a short escape from the pressures of daily life (yes, rich/famous people have pressures in their daily lives too)


...like Rick James said, "Cocaine is a hell'uva drug!"


. . . before he tied a woman to a chair, burned her with a hot knife and raped her. :whistle:
"The internet is a monster over which we have no control. We can’t even turn it off." Jeremy Clarkson
Forumosan avatar
Mother Theresa
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)
 
Posts: 12159
ORIGINAL POSTER
Joined: 13 Sep 2002, 07:53
Location: Taipei
14 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)



Charlie Sheen: deranged, drug-addled lunatic.

Postby flike » 03 Mar 2011, 09:57

naijeru wrote:That is what is disgusting about this, not Sheen's "been there done that bad boy" behavior. On any given day you can find a washed up celebrity behaving badly and blowing a successful career.

Mother Theresa wrote:Nonsense. The only disgusting thing is that kind of pretentious sneering down the nose at mundane, commonplace gossip while trying to project an air of superiority because one purportedly has no interest in such crass matters and is only interested in world politics and other "important" events.

Pffft. Like what, paint drying?

Sheen is a fairly talented actor whose status as drug addled looser has been obvious for years now. I've never been curious enough to waste more than five minutes watching 2.5 men, and if that and my total lack of interest in what passes for a headline today with his name in it lengthens my nose so be it.

Charlie Sheen is boring as hell even as a public fuckup, you ask me.
"It is a privilege to be the stand-in for Spencer Tracy. Tracy is a fine actor, but he is most important because he understands why it is necessary to take orders from the front office." Louis B. Mayer, 1938 Academy Awards ceremony

"Why do you not sit on my lap when we talk contracts, like my other stars do?" Louis B. Mayer to Luise Rainer, 1937

"His hand always touched my right tit whenever he said the word 'daughter'." Joan Crawford, regarding Louis B. Mayer, 1938
flike
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
 
Posts: 1876
Joined: 16 Nov 2003, 09:06
23 Recommends(s)
25 Recognized(s)



FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext




Proceed to Arts & Entertainment



Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: hansioux and 2 visitors

Whatever technology you buy today will be obsolete soon, but you can avoid heartache by learning the cycles. New iPods come out every September. New digital cameras come out in February and October.
More tips from David Pogue