Syria - The balloon is going up

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Re: Syria - The balloon is going up

Postby El Toro » 22 Jun 2012, 09:38

Just as in the Arab Spring uprisings, the US and the illegal state of IsraeHell are creating, or have created armed "rebel" militias with their financial muscle to create false flags which could "necessitate" military intervention ostensibly to "save" the civilians being attacked by them, ultimately to serve the needs of those two bellicose nations. I support Assad!
El Toro
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby bigduke6 » 22 Jun 2012, 12:53

El Toro wrote:Just as in the Arab Spring uprisings, the US and the illegal state of IsraeHell are creating, or have created armed "rebel" militias with their financial muscle to create false flags which could "necessitate" military intervention ostensibly to "save" the civilians being attacked by them, ultimately to serve the needs of those two bellicose nations. I support Assad!

Ah, the usual knee jerk response comes up again. Blame the US and Israel for all the worlds woes.

They are responsible for killing the Armenians, killing Nigerias Christians, killings in Darfur, the war in Yugoslavia, the war in Chechnya, killing protesters on the streets of Syria, killing protesters in Tehran, Hamas throwing Fatah members off rooftops to "cement" their democracy. The list goes on.

The protesters in Syria are not a product of Israel or the US flexing financial muscle, neither those in Egypt or Tunisia. In fact, they all probably hate big and little Satan, more than their respective governments.
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody
fucks with the Jesus.

Mr.Lahey: The shitabyss!
Randy: Mr. Lahey, not another night of the shitabyss, please?!
Mr.Lahey: Ah, fuck it.

If you talk to god, you're religious. If god talks to you, you're psychotic.
Gregory House

I got me a dog and named her Mybitchniggaeater.
2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

Re: Syria Burns

Postby headhonchoII » 22 Dec 2013, 19:40

Jaboney wrote:
fred smith wrote:Not sure what we can do but hope assad falls. Syria has long been a force for bad in the world. In the meantime doing nothing is better than acting without knowing how this will end. Afghanistan I never got and with Iraq I am disappointed but resolved to understand. The latter has been a great source of dashed hopes.

Quoted to savor later.
Cheers, Fred.

Interesting to go back to this thread and see how things worked out. Just as some of us predicted from the start, once a civil war kicked off it was going to have tragic results. Half of Syria's population is now dependent on food aid and there are now millions of Syrian refugees. The Islamists have taken over from the secular rebels and the government side looks rational in comparison even though they continually indiscriminately slaughter civilians.
Nobody wins. There have to be lessons learned from this, this was a complete disaster.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1787 Recommends(s)
641 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 22 Dec 2013, 19:45

Tigerman wrote:
TainanCowboy wrote:WMDs?...really...no shit...this time we mean it!

Couple of Dem Senators worrying about WMD in Syria...

:ponder:

They were right to worry.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1787 Recommends(s)
641 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 22 Dec 2013, 19:48

Tigerman wrote:U.N. chief speaks of "grisly reports" from Syria...

Assad is a reformist????

It's not a war, it's a massacre, an indiscriminate massacre of men, woman and children... All men who remained in the neighborhood aged between 14 and 50 were arrested. We fear they will be massacred. Where is the world?... The massacres are continuing. They are torturing them and killing (detainees) one by one. They are executing them in batches...

Obama?

What's that to do with Obama? Lucky the US didn't enter this shit sandwich don't you think? He should be feted for getting your guys out of the bloody mess that is that part of the world.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1787 Recommends(s)
641 Recognized(s)

Postby Tigerman » 23 Dec 2013, 11:12

headhonchoII wrote:

Assad is a reformist????

It's not a war, it's a massacre, an indiscriminate massacre of men, woman and children... All men who remained in the neighborhood aged between 14 and 50 were arrested. We fear they will be massacred. Where is the world?... The massacres are continuing. They are torturing them and killing (detainees) one by one. They are executing them in batches...

Obama?

What's that to do with Obama?

I was referring to this:

A few months prior to my post cited above, Prez Obama stated this regarding the situation in Libya:

As it is, we seem to regard it as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has taken one side or the other. We regard it (in other words) as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has contrived to reach the object of his reasoning. We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.

Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

262 Recommends(s)
195 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 23 Dec 2013, 11:53

The cheerleaders for bombing and intervention and arming the rebels have gone mighty quiet of late.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1787 Recommends(s)
641 Recognized(s)

Postby Tigerman » 23 Dec 2013, 18:19

headhonchoII wrote:The cheerleaders for bombing and intervention and arming the rebels have gone mighty quiet of late.

Here, on F.com?

Who? Who are these cheerleaders?
As it is, we seem to regard it as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has taken one side or the other. We regard it (in other words) as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has contrived to reach the object of his reasoning. We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.

Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

262 Recommends(s)
195 Recognized(s)

Postby Winston Smith » 24 Dec 2013, 15:43

Tigerman wrote:
headhonchoII wrote:

Assad is a reformist????

Obama?

What's that to do with Obama?

I was referring to this:

A few months prior to my post cited above, Prez Obama stated this regarding the situation in Libya:

Here's another quote from the same huffingtonpost.com source about Uncle Sam's professed ardor for refusing to turn a blind eye to atrocities in other countries.

U.S. Depleted Uranium as Malicious as Syrian Chemical Weapons

By this time you have likely heard of the atrocity that recently took place in which over 1,000 Syrian civilians reportedly died at the hands of a chemical weapon attack. Seeing the video and images of dead or helpless Syrian civilians struggling for life reminds me of another terrible weapon of war -- depleted uranium.

It is no secret that the U.S., with the assistance of other governments, used depleted uranium in the Gulf and Iraq War. A simple Google search of this topic can produce dozens and dozens of credible reports or stories to confirm these war crimes. For example, an important report on Harvard University's website discusses the fallout of depleted uranium contamination in Iraq. Dr. Souad N. Al-Azzawi, who authored the report after the Gulf War, wrote that:

"Depleted Uranium (DU) weaponry has been used against Iraq for the first time in the history of recent wars. The magnitude of the complications and damage related to the use of such radioactive and toxic weapons on the environment and the human population mostly results from the intended concealment, denial and misleading information released by the Pentagon about the quantities, characteristics and the area's in Iraq, in which these weapons have been used."

Similarly, as Democracy Now! reported in an interview with Al Jazeera reporter Dahr Jamail, "the U.S. invasion of Iraq has left behind a legacy of cancer and birth defects suspected of being caused by the U.S. military's extensive use of depleted uranium and white phosphorus." Democracy Now! wrote:

"Noting the birth defects in the Iraqi city of Fallujah, Jamail says: 'They're extremely hard to bear witness to. But it's something that we all need to pay attention to ... What this has generated is, from 2004 up to this day, we are seeing a rate of congenital malformations in the city of Fallujah that has surpassed even that in the wake of the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki that nuclear bombs were d' pped on at the end of World War II.'"

Moreover, Robert Koehler, a HuffPost blogger, has written extensively about the U.S. government's use of depleted uranium in Iraq. The following passage from Koehler's blog "The Suffering of Fallujah" gives us an idea of the immense impact that depleted uranium has had on Iraqi civilians:

"Thus last November, a group of British and Iraqi doctors petitioned the U.N. to investigate the alarming rise in birth defects at Fallujah's hospitals. 'Young women in Fallujah,' they wrote ... are terrified of having children because of the increasing number of babies born grotesquely deformed, with no heads, two heads, a single eye in their foreheads, scaly bodies or missing limbs. In addition, young children in Fallujah are now experiencing hideous cancers and leukemias.'"

If Sam really cared about the people of the Middle East -- especially its children -- rather than going around looking for any pretext to kill more Arabs he'd clean up the toxic hellhole he left behind in Fallujah which has condemned generations of Iraqi children to a nightmare existence.
Winston Smith
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

5 Recommends(s)
55 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to International Politics