Republican Presidential Primary II

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Republican Presidential Primary II

Postby Tigerman » 01 Dec 2011, 13:52

Continued from Here.
As it is, we seem to regard it as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has taken one side or the other. We regard it (in other words) as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has contrived to reach the object of his reasoning. We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.

Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
261 Recommends(s)
195 Recognized(s)

Re: Republican Presidential Primary II

Postby Gao Bohan » 03 Dec 2011, 06:12

Tigerman,

I don't see what's hypocritical about Democrats taking advantage of legal tax loopholes, even while being opposed to them. Conversely, I don't think it's hypocritical for Republicans opposed to Social Security to draw Social Security checks. I don't think it matters how much someone is opposed to a law; if at the end of the day the law stands, he or she is just as entitled as the next citizen to take advantage of it.
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal. - John F. Kennedy
Forumosan avatar
Gao Bohan
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

164 Recommends(s)
301 Recognized(s)

Postby cake » 03 Dec 2011, 10:39

How do you know Ron Paul is doing something right?

He is not invited to the Republican Jewish Coalition presidential-candidates forum (12/07).
"RJC rejects his misguided and extreme views," said [RJC Executive Director Matt] Brooks.
"He's just so far outside of the mainstream of the Republican party and this organization," Brooks said. Inviting Paul to attend would be "like inviting Barack Obama to speak."' (Thankfully RP is nothing like Obama).
"War is just a racket. I helped make Mexico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for international banking in 1909-1912. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested" - Major General Smedley Butler
http://lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm
cake
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

Location: Dubya - who has borrowed more $$$ than the previous 42 presidents combined
27 Recognized(s)

Postby BigJohn » 04 Dec 2011, 19:06

Well, Cain's out.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/12/03/cain-presidential-race-announcement.html

Now it looks like it's either Romney or Gingrich.
Forumosan avatar
BigJohn
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

1 Recommends(s)
119 Recognized(s)

Postby Jaboney » 04 Dec 2011, 19:35

Usually I don't like seeing the personal intrude much on the political, but this is too spot on.

Be even better if there were two images. In the first, Ms. Party of Lincoln could be running away from Mitt on a bike, and into the path of a bus. In the second, this.
Forumosan avatar
Jaboney
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

22 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

Postby Got To Be Kidding » 05 Dec 2011, 02:33

Jaboney wrote:Usually I don't like seeing the personal intrude much on the political, but this is too spot on.

Be even better if there were two images. In the first, Ms. Party of Lincoln could be running away from Mitt on a bike, and into the path of a bus. In the second, this.

The possibility of Newt becoming POTUS makes me sick.

How can you trust a guy who can't seem to be faithful to his wives, flip flops on almost anything and is the quintessential establishment candidate?
israeloutlook.com

Liberalism - politics for those who can't do math.
Forumosan avatar
Got To Be Kidding
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

49 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby ChewDawg » 05 Dec 2011, 02:50

Got To Be Kidding wrote:
How can you trust a guy who can't seem to be faithful to his wives, flip flops on almost anything and is the quintessential establishment candidate?

:lol: :lol: That sounds like most politicians to me.

If Israel frowned upon philandering politicians/generals, who would have provided leadership in '67? Dayan? Weizman? :D :lol:

I'd rather have a nation of cheating fighters/warriors like Dayan (flaws and all) than a nation of Yossi Beilin poodles. In the US context, I think Obama has done a relatively good job in foreign policy,but he's fucked up on economic issus. Even a cheating, establishment Republican that waffles on the issues is going to reassure the markets more than Obama.
So I got an expresso and a hot burrito!
Forumosan avatar
ChewDawg

110 Recommends(s)
94 Recognized(s)

Postby Got To Be Kidding » 05 Dec 2011, 03:45

ChewDawg wrote:
Got To Be Kidding wrote:

:lol: :lol: That sounds like most politicians to me.

If Israel frowned upon philandering politicians/generals, who would have provided leadership in '67? Dayan? Weizman? :D :lol:

I'd rather have a nation of cheating fighters/warriors like Dayan (flaws and all) than a nation of Yossi Beilin poodles. In the US context, I think Obama has done a relatively good job in foreign policy,but he's fucked up on economic issus. Even a cheating, establishment Republican that waffles on the issues is going to reassure the markets more than Obama.

Ouch. Got me there.

My favorite politician is Benny Begin. Doesn't take crap off of anyone, has a low opinion of his fellow MKs and is famous for reviewing scientific papers while sitting in the Knesset.

I like a guy like that, whatever his/her politics.
israeloutlook.com

Liberalism - politics for those who can't do math.
Forumosan avatar
Got To Be Kidding

49 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby CraigTPE » 05 Dec 2011, 04:45

ChewDawg wrote: Even a cheating, establishment Republican that waffles on the issues is going to reassure the markets more than Obama.

Trouble is, even booming stock markets don't translate to jobs.

Newt back on the scene reminds me of when someone breaks up with a boyfriend or girlfriend who was treating them like shit, then a few years later feels lonely and wants to get back together, forgetting how terrible they were. Newt was a train wreck.

His marital issues aside, I can't get past him suggesting anyone who was getting money from Freddy or Fannie should be in prison, while he himself earned US$1.8mm as a consultant to Freddy.
Forumosan avatar
CraigTPE
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

91 Recommends(s)
34 Recognized(s)

Postby CraigTPE » 05 Dec 2011, 07:34

Forumosan avatar
CraigTPE

91 Recommends(s)
34 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to International Politics