Republican Presidential Primary II

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Re: Republican Presidential Primary II

Postby Kea » 15 May 2012, 15:40

Jaboney wrote:
The Atlantic: ....they didn't know he was running, they didn't cover him, and now they get this wrong as well.
Anything to add?

yep, egg on your face for lacking the savvy to know what's going on, and on mass media's face for yet again inaccurate reporting.

It was always going to be tough, and it's going all the way to Tampa. MR will probably win, but as I've said many times, there will be a very interesting RNC. Both are be better than Obama, but only Paul delivers what I want to see in the area of personal freedoms-limited govt. intrusion.

Your 3 word question belies such a deathly lack of interest in what has been an incredible last 2 months of fighting state by state according to the true republican spirit that founded the USA (versus pitiful establishment corruption), that I don't know why I replied to you. I've lost interest in most of you guys in this thread, you've brought nothing interesting. :no-no:

Wead says there's something that can't be said publicly, so who knows why they've eased back. Santorum pulling out was probably the crucial thing preventing a brokered convention-so well done MR for making that happen. Arizona final tally was reversed after 3 days of counting the tally. Cough cough.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Forumosan avatar
Kea
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

15 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

Postby Gao Bohan » 25 May 2012, 03:00

Ron Paul never had a prayer. Sure it was close for a while between Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich, but Paul wasn't a serious contender. Romney currently has 1076 delegates and Ron Paul has 119. Romney will be the Republican nominee. What's to discuss?

No libertarian will ever be elected president. Most Americans are small government philosophically but big government practically. Popular programs like Social Security and Medicare, plus defense spending and the required debt payments constitute 88% of federal spending. The other 12% is the so called "Big Government" the majority dislikes, and yet it's those agencies that keep the infrastructure intact, protect workers, protect consumers, protect the environment, protect property rights, punish criminals, and employ millions of people if you count both civil servants and contractors. Libertarianism is little more than a fringe element of the Republican base and has never and will never drive public policy.

Oh sure, the odd libertarian is elected to Congress, even the Senate on occasion, but they usually just fall in line with the mainstream GOP. Ron Paul is known as "Dr. No" for good reason, as he is constantly the odd man out. I admire that he stays true to his convictions, but he's an oddity, not a mover and shaker.
"We're not going to be disrespected," Rep. Marlin Stutzman (R-Ind.) told The Washington Examiner. "We have to get something out of this. And I don't know what that even is."
Forumosan avatar
Gao Bohan
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

103 Recommends(s)
200 Recognized(s)

Postby Kea » 25 May 2012, 09:54

Gao Bohan wrote:Ron Paul never had a prayer. Sure it was close for a while between Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich, but Paul wasn't a serious contender. Romney currently has 1076 delegates and Ron Paul has 119. Romney will be the Republican nominee. What's to discuss?

No libertarian will ever be elected president. Most Americans are small government philosophically but big government practically. Popular programs like Social Security and Medicare, plus defense spending and the required debt payments constitute 88% of federal spending. The other 12% is the so called "Big Government" the majority dislikes, and yet it's those agencies that keep the infrastructure intact, protect workers, protect consumers, protect the environment, protect property rights, punish criminals, and employ millions of people if you count both civil servants and contractors. Libertarianism is little more than a fringe element of the Republican base and has never and will never drive public policy.

Oh sure, the odd libertarian is elected to Congress, even the Senate on occasion, but they usually just fall in line with the mainstream GOP. Ron Paul is known as "Dr. No" for good reason, as he is constantly the odd man out. I admire that he stays true to his convictions, but he's an oddity, not a mover and shaker.

FACT: The current delegate count is approx. MR 496, RP 186, with an undetermined number of hidden delegates and a court challenge. Of course after all state conventions are over, MR will probably have the 1144+, but until then it's propaganda.
FACT: MR’s team and the GOP have engaged in civil election fraud the whole way through. Do you get your news through the mass media? Unwise.

Of course the odds are MR will win, it’s unlikely the establishment will let RP destroy their cushy set-up-as you spelled out. That’s a lot of money and a lot of jobs. Some of the platform RP has been running on is where the GOP will move towards in coming months/years, even if some of his supporters are fringe. They have demographics and economic reality on their side.

FACT: There are more Libertarians being elected at State and National level govt. this year riding on the groundswell of support RP has created.

In Tampa RP delegates will do their best to put GOP feet to the fire. RP himself is asking for decent conduct, and ultimately the numbers may be insufficient. It’s much better than anybody expected at the start, but probably not enough to win. It’s been a fascinating process watching the tussle state by state. However, the RP campaign hasn't been very well managed. He's also faced a media blackout since before Iowa.

I’ve stated several times what particular policy I like of RP’s, not his whole platform. At least I do not live there so do not care that much or endure the total BS coming from the mass media.

EDIT...even though you, like the rest go quiet when I post facts to disagree with your opinion, I'll continue to be the only one contributing to this thread topic: Watch this:
June 2nd - Louisiana - 46 delegates
June 2nd - Washington - 43 delegates
June 2nd - Missouri - 52 delegates
June 3rd - North Carolina - 55 delegates
June 5th - California - 172 delegates
June 5th - South Dakota - 28 delegates
June 9th - Illinois
June 9th - Indiana
June 9th - Kentucky
June 9th - Texas
June 16th - Montana
June 16th - Virgina
June 16th - Iowa
June 16th - New Mexico
June 23rd - Idaho
June 23rd - Oregon
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Forumosan avatar
Kea

15 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

Postby Rockefeller » 31 May 2012, 00:46

Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

52 Recognized(s)

Postby MikeN » 01 Jun 2012, 13:56

I demand to see his long form birth certificate to prove he really is a natural-born Amercian.
MikeN
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

28 Recognized(s)

Postby Winston Smith » 02 Jun 2012, 09:39

I'd like to see documentation showing to whom Romney and Obama have sold their souls to in return for the honor of being Meat-Puppet-in-Chief. That's what really counts. Who or what owns them.
"If you were smart in 1807 you moved to London, if you were smart in 1907 you moved to New York City, and if you are smart in 2007 you move to Asia."
-- Jim Rogers
Winston Smith
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

5 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Postby Kea » 03 Jun 2012, 20:10

shit like this has been happening since February-the Republican establishment have endlessly broken their own rules, used deceit, force, whatever necessary to retain power...
the newly elected Rules Committee chairman's fingers were broken
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... fnSb9l9rwQ

2. Later, this man's prosthetic hip was dislocated and will prob need replacing, after he had been elected chairman but the establishment chairman refused to give up power and ordered him arrested. F*ck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgTpLOUx ... re=related

American political system is fubar.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Forumosan avatar
Kea

15 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to International Politics