Republican Presidential Primary II

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Re: Republican Presidential Primary II

Postby Rockefeller » 30 Mar 2012, 18:12

:roflmao: at Mitt Romney. What a tool. Not that Obama's much better, I guess at this point it's just picking for the lesser evil.
Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

76 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 30 Mar 2012, 22:34

Rockefeller wrote::roflmao: at Mitt Romney. What a tool. Not that Obama's much better, I guess at this point it's just picking for the lesser evil.

You mean the guy who did something as Gov of a State, and the guy who hit the chicken button like a stripper's pink ass and then became President?

THAT evil?
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby Toe Save » 31 Mar 2012, 12:39

On the heels of not wanting to give "blah" people money, do you think ass juice man was about to use the 'N' word?

Santorum/Palin 2012!!! :bravo:
Forumosan avatar
Toe Save
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

62 Recommends(s)
54 Recognized(s)

Postby Rockefeller » 01 Apr 2012, 07:55

jdsmith wrote:
Rockefeller wrote::roflmao: at Mitt Romney. What a tool. Not that Obama's much better, I guess at this point it's just picking for the lesser evil.

You mean the guy who did something as Gov of a State, and the guy who hit the chicken button like a stripper's pink ass and then became President?

THAT evil?

LOL. I bet the rest of the world is just glad theyre not part of the shitstorm and are enjoying the show :popcorn:
Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller

76 Recognized(s)

Postby Chris » 01 Apr 2012, 15:08

Toe Save wrote:On the heels of not wanting to give "blah" people money, do you think ass juice man was about to use the 'N' word?

Surely he was trying to say "ninja"... :doh:
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

86 Recommends(s)
188 Recognized(s)

Postby Gao Bohan » 12 Apr 2012, 05:06

I doubt he intended to call Obama the N word. You can't expect someone who attends six or seven speaking engagements a day to never get his words mixed up. In any case, Santorum is officially out of the race, and I doubt there's any chance he'll be picked as the running mate. There's little love lost between the Santorum and Romney camps. Senator Santorum didn't even endorse Romney.

Gerald Ford once criticized Jimmy Carter as being a man who would say anything to become President. I can't fault that statement...Carter took playing to the audience to the extreme, contracting what he'd said in other venues on several egregious occasions. I see Romney in that same light. Except with Romney, he's not trying to hype up this or that crowd, he changed nearly all of his political beliefs. I wonder if even Republicans trust him.
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal. - John F. Kennedy
Forumosan avatar
Gao Bohan
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

161 Recommends(s)
296 Recognized(s)

Postby ChewDawg » 12 Apr 2012, 08:49

Gao Bohan wrote:
Gerald Ford once criticized Jimmy Carter as being a man who would say anything to become President. I can't fault that statement...Carter took playing to the audience to the extreme, contracting what he'd said in other venues on several egregious occasions. I see Romney in that same light. Except with Romney, he's not trying to hype up this or that crowd, he changed nearly all of his political beliefs. I wonder if even Republicans trust him.

I don't care about what they say to become president---I care about what they do as president. In Jimmy Carter's case, he came to Washington as an outsider but acted like an outsider while in Washington. That's his prerogative but it made him one of the worst presidents ever as he stuck to his type of people and didn't engage the power makers/beltway people or the establishment.

Romney, with his experience as Governor, at Bain and Company, and heading the Salt Lake Olympics, will learn the game pretty quick IMHO.
So I got an expresso and a hot burrito!
Forumosan avatar
ChewDawg
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

110 Recommends(s)
93 Recognized(s)

Postby Gao Bohan » 12 Apr 2012, 22:26

ChewDawg wrote:I don't care about what they say to become president---I care about what they do as president.

I understand your point, but what they say to become president generally provides some insight as to how they act as president. I really have no idea how Romney would govern. Would he focus on economic issues and make rationale decisions to balance government and industry, or would he pursue a staunchly conservative agenda? Would he gut federal agencies, as he's indicated during the campaign? The federal health reform law is based on the Mass. health reform law passed by Romney. The governor is now rabidly opposed to health care reform. Would a Romney presidency mean 4-8 years of no action on health care? Would he weaken environmental regulations? Would he pursue an aggressive foreign policy towards Russia? Would he start a war with Iran?

I don't doubt Romney would adapt well to the political environment in Washington. I just don't know which Romney would show up...the moderate governor of Massachussetts, or the most right-wing man on the planet, as he's currently portraying himself.

Good analysis on Carter, by the way.
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal. - John F. Kennedy
Forumosan avatar
Gao Bohan

161 Recommends(s)
296 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 13 Apr 2012, 06:54

ChewDawg wrote:
Gao Bohan wrote:

I don't care about what they say to become president---I care about what they do as president. In Jimmy Carter's case, he came to Washington as an outsider but acted like an outsider while in Washington. That's his prerogative but it made him one of the worst presidents ever as he stuck to his type of people and didn't engage the power makers/beltway people or the establishment.

Romney, with his experience as Governor, at Bain and Company, and heading the Salt Lake Olympics, will learn the game pretty quick IMHO.

Well, Jimmy gave us access to Billy and Billy gave us beer:

Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby Kea » 23 Apr 2012, 12:21

Go Ron, it's awesome to watch the way America's undergoing grassroots change this year.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Forumosan avatar
Kea

15 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to International Politics