Republican Presidential Primary II

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Re: Republican Presidential Primary II

Postby Kea » 03 May 2012, 11:33

ChewDawg wrote:If Ron Paul wins the nomination, I'll apply to the Communist Party for membership. :lol: There is just no way in hell he'll win. His foreign policy more accurately matches that of liberal Democrats, he's for almost no government, and his social conservatism scares country club Repubs (the good kind).

The same people that vote for Ron Paul, voted for Jesse Ventura and are often conspiracy minded. I don't deny that Paul has a few good ideas and was good to have in the House. But as president? Fuck no.

Agreed in the past, but things are changing. There's just a LOT more of them now, from all walks of life. They're making waves in state convention after state convention. Your view on this is outdated, and too shallow.

I agree that it's very unlikely that he could become POTUS, but my main point is there is a real movement for young people to have a voice against some of the poor policies that the establishment has been foisting on them lately. Ron Paul is leading it, but is much more than him. It's a paradigm shift, and it's long overdue-American people aren't being served well by the corrupt politicians and business dominated media they've got. At the very least, he'll cause significant ructions and discussion at Tampa. And that's just what I said above.

GuyinTaiwan, be careful or CD will accuse you of believing in conspiracies against RP. I don't think they could influence, or kill him if such a situation happened, because it would have happened due to RP having a huge surge in fervent support. Unfortunately, I think it's too little, too late for RP. But gotta admire him for his years of consistent efforts for freedom and liberty.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Forumosan avatar
Kea
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

15 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

Postby ChewDawg » 03 May 2012, 11:40

Kea wrote:. It's a paradigm shift, and it's long overdue-American people aren't being served well by the corrupt politicians and business dominated media they've got.

You sound like a William Jennings Bryan supporter----back in 1896 :D . Hardly a paradigm shift or anything new. Just more of the same. :lol:

Paul's rant are nothing new :lol: :lol: Bryan too rallied against the trusts (big corporations) and big banks, and embraced anti-elitism.

He fell flat on his ass--just like Paul will :lol: They were/are both fundamentalists that belong on the fringe of politics IMHO. Follow the money and with Paul---you'll uncover a lot of pus. In terms of supporters, instead of yeoman Jacksonian farmers as with Bryan, you'll need to substitute Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, Holocaust Deniers, 9/11 "Truthers" and other paranoid and discredited conspiracists.
So I got an expresso and a hot burrito!
Forumosan avatar
ChewDawg

110 Recommends(s)
93 Recognized(s)

Postby Kea » 03 May 2012, 11:54

ChewDawg wrote:
Kea wrote:. It's a paradigm shift, and it's long overdue-American people aren't being served well by the corrupt politicians and business dominated media they've got.

You sound like a William Jennings Bryan supporter----back in 1896 :D .

Paul's rant are nothing new :lol: :lol: Bryan too rallied against the trusts (big corporations) and big banks, and embraced anti-elitism.

He fell flat on his ass--just like Paul will :lol: They were/are both fundamentalists that belong on the fringe of politics IMHO.

You are not someone I would pay any heed too. What is new, is Ron Paul getting 5-10000 people at many rallies across the States, and if you'd bothered to actually read what I posted, RP supporters dominating many caucuses. Still, I concede, not enough numerically. Did you also bother to read that I do not support all his policies? You're grasping, on a shaky foundation.

The main reason I care, since it's not my country, and I'm only watching it from afar, is NDAA, SOFA, CISPA and Homeland Security and the extent that my country-and others, copy America in restricting individual freedoms. Heard of Kim Dot Com? The US can get the F out of my country. Just last week, Janet Napolitano met with our Minister of Justice.

So, go Ron Paul and may his ideals have some traction.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Forumosan avatar
Kea

15 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

Postby ChewDawg » 03 May 2012, 11:59

Kea wrote:

If you're an enthusiastic supporter of an imposing collection of Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, Holocaust Deniers, 9/11 "Truthers" and other paranoid and discredited conspiracists. :lol:

Take a read of some of his biggest supporters:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/11/ ... d_its.html
Forumosan avatar
ChewDawg

110 Recommends(s)
93 Recognized(s)

Postby Jaboney » 03 May 2012, 12:08

Meanwhile, back in the nominee's camp, the panderers were circling the wagons. Under attack from the party's raving conservatives, the panderers staked out a campaign spokesman -- blood sport for the mad dogs.

Andrew Sullivan wrote:It seems clear from sources close to Ric Grenell and reporters on the foreign policy beat that his turning point came last week. He'd been part of organizing a conference call to respond to Vice President Biden's foreign policy speech, now known best for the "big stick" remark. So some reporters were puzzled as to why Grenell, a week into his job as Romney's national security spokesman, was not introduced by name as part of the Romney team at the beginning of the call, and his voice completely absent from the conversation. Some even called and questioned him afterwards as to why he was absent. He wasn't absent. He was simply muzzled. For a job where you are supposed to maintain good relations with reporters, being silenced on a key conference call on your area of expertise is pretty damaging. Especially when you helped set it up.

Sources close to Grenell say that he was specifically told by those high up in the Romney campaign to stay silent on the call, even while he was on it. And this was not the only time he had been instructed to shut up. Their response to the far right fooferaw was simply to go silent, to keep Grenell off-stage and mute, and to wait till the storm passed. But the storm was not likely to pass if no one in the Romney camp was prepared to back Grenell up. Hence his dilemma. The obvious solution was simply to get Grenell out there doling out the neocon red meat - which would have immediately changed the subject and helped dispel base skepticism. Instead the terrified Romneyites shut him up without any actual plan for when he might subsequently be able to do his job. To my mind, it's a mark of his integrity that he decided to quit rather than be put in this absurd situation. And it's a mark of Romney's fundamental weakness within his own party that he could not back his spokesman against the Bryan Fischers and Matthew Francks.
Forumosan avatar
Jaboney
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

22 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

Postby ChewDawg » 03 May 2012, 12:17

Jaboney, Democrats have a mixed record on standing up for gay advisors/political colleagues/cabinet. LBJ fired his personal advisor and long time employee Walter Jenkins when he gave head to a male in a YMCA bathroom. Years of service and then abandoned in a second. :no-no: FDR, on the other hand, stood up for Sumner Welles when he was caught with a black porter on a train.

Goldwater was very pro-gay rights.

There are bigots/tolerant people in every party. Always hate to see the media and hyperpartisans just attack the Repubs on this issue. Shows a lack of investigation skills me thinks. :lol:
Forumosan avatar
ChewDawg

110 Recommends(s)
93 Recognized(s)

Postby Kea » 03 May 2012, 12:19

ChewDawg wrote:
Kea wrote:

If you're an enthusiastic supporter of an imposing collection of Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, Holocaust Deniers, 9/11 "Truthers" and other paranoid and discredited conspiracists. :lol:

Take a read of some of his biggest supporters:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/11/ ... d_its.html

Dated. The world has changed since 2007, and are you telling me you are not concerned about the exact issues I stated? I reiterate, you need to get up to speed on this.

Things will only get worse under Obama. With RP's new movement, the least is that the GOP/MR may have to take on some of their policies toward individual liberty. It's going to be quite a fight for power in the coming months, and we all (the ones who open their eyes and look beyond past prejudices) can watch it unfolding. What's to dislike?

Time to focus on work, not the net. Leaving with this:
Montana
Ron Paul leads Obama by eight points (49-41)
Romney leads Obama 48-43
Obama basically ties Romney with independents, while Paul leads by 22 points.
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main ... ntana.html
- Sir Winston Churchill
Forumosan avatar
Kea

15 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

Postby Kea » 03 May 2012, 12:30

oh, I couldn't resist. Now, gone for the day.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Forumosan avatar
Kea

15 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

Postby ChewDawg » 03 May 2012, 12:33

Kea wrote:Dated. The world has changed since 2007, and are you telling me you are not concerned about the exact issues I stated? I reiterate, you need to get up to speed on this.

I'd I am reiterating to you that his message against the established interests is old and stale and can be traced back to Andrew Jackson in 1828 or Bryan in 1896. Boring as hell in 2012. Except Andrew Jackson had balls in combat versus Bryan the Pacifist and Paul the isolationist.

19th Century worldview, racist followers, and isolationism? No thanks.
Forumosan avatar
ChewDawg

110 Recommends(s)
93 Recognized(s)

Postby Kea » 04 May 2012, 08:52

GuyInTaiwan wrote:...There's no way anyone would ever let him get the nomination. If he got it, I would not be at all surprised if Ron Paul had a nasty accident shortly thereafter or if he quietly bowed out of the race for "health" or "family" reasons.

It's brewing into a massive fight right now, very interesting. The establishment politicians are running scared and doing anything they can to stop the RP momentum. It's possible that many of MR's delegates may abstain ont he first round of voting in Tampa.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Forumosan avatar
Kea

15 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to International Politics