I feel sick. And thoroughly ashamed for the SOBs.

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Re: I feel sick. And thoroughly ashamed for the SOBs.

Postby Chuanzao El Ale Destroyer » 06 Apr 2012, 11:25

Rockefeller wrote:If anyone cares:

Iraqi-American woman bludgeoned to death in her California home is buried in native Iraq
By Associated Press, Published: March 31

NAJAF, Iraq — An Iraqi-American woman found bludgeoned to death in her California home last week with a threatening note left beside her body was buried in her native Iraq on Saturday. Family members wept uncontrollably by her graveside and her father asked God to exact revenge on those responsible for her death.

A relative called on Iraq’s government to take quick action to press U.S. authorities to reveal the results of the investigation into the killing of Iraqi-born Shaima Alawadi.

A 32-year-old mother of five, Alawadi was found unconscious by her daughter Fatima, 17, in the dining room of the family’s home in El Cajon, one of America’s largest enclaves of Iraqi immigrants. Three days later, she was taken off life support.

No suspects have been identified or apprehended so far. California police have said the note had led investigators to regard the killing as a possible hate crime. Her daughter told a local TV station it read, “Go back to your country, you terrorist.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/mid ... story.html

This sounds like an honor killing framed as a hate crime.

She was blugeoned to death in her home, and not raped? And called a terrorist? I think of Muslim women as victims of their culture, not terrorists.

Something just doesn't add up to this story.
Forumosan avatar
Chuanzao El Ale Destroyer
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

2 Recognized(s)

Re: I feel sick. And thoroughly ashamed for the SOBs.

Postby Alkibiades » 08 Apr 2012, 23:45

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Texas.html

The police are now looking at the husband and daughter.

Apparently, the victim had been planning on leaving her husband, and in a separate matter, I take it, the daughter had jumped out of a moving car her mother was driving because of the daughter's objection to being married off to a cousin and having just been picked up by the police for having sex with a man in a car.

A man in his 20s was apparently seen around the house at the time of the murder.
Alkibiades
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

3 Recommends(s)
6 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to International Politics