The Trayvon Martin Clusterf*ck

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Re: The Trayvon Martin Clusterf*ck

Postby Homey » 04 May 2012, 11:52

jdsmith wrote:
Homey wrote:Happens to everyone. Some people are honest about it, clearly you are not. Appearances dictate so much of our lives and how we do things.

Looks like from your post that you perceive the word appearances to only mean skin color. This says a lot about how you see the world.

Oh please. You're the one who throws around accusations of racism here. You should have been banned for it imho.

Categorizing people by looks is instinctive, sure. And it takes conscious effort to stop seeing appearance/skin color as indicative of a person's character, but it is certainly not impossible, nor terribly difficult.

I find great irony in people who clammer on about racism and perceived racism and innate human stereotyping of people via skin pigmentation and then also argue the getting over it is impossible. :lol: So I guess MLK was full of shit?

I find it more difficult to get over preconceived notions about Canadians than getting over someone's race. :oops: If you cannot accept that, it's not my problem. :raspberry:

It's there in the thread,1 or 2 pages back. Bohicas right, the most unusual bit was letting him go and not pressing any charges.

OK, thanks. I read it then. :thumbsup:

No matter what I write, your going to read what you want to see, nothing I can do about that. Have a nice day. :cool:
Why not???

If you are what you eat, then I guess that makes me "fast, cheap, and easy"!
Forumosan avatar
Homey
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

2 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 04 May 2012, 12:13

I read what's written, homey.

And what? It's against the rules to remind someone that a post he wrote was flamed? :s
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
56 Recognized(s)

Postby Mick » 04 May 2012, 12:20

jdsmith wrote:I read what's written, homey.

And what? It's against the rules to remind someone that a post he wrote was flamed? :s

I sent a PM, I am hoping to keep on topic and not let the thread devolve into personal attacks. Which would apply equally to everyone in the thread, so no need for anyone to take this sentiment personally.
Forumosan avatar
Mick
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

56 Recommends(s)
111 Recognized(s)

Postby Tigerman » 16 May 2012, 08:34

Homey wrote:You obviously haven't seen the police video. This guy doesn't have a broken nose or a life threatening injury. If he did, where are the hospital reports? Are you saying the video is a fake or Zimmerman has superhuman healing powers?

Why are you worried about a life-threatening injury? The law does not require us to wait until we suffer a life-threatening injury before we are allowed to defend ourselves. :eh:

A medical report indicates that Zimmerman was diagnosed with a "closed fracture" of his nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury... The record shows that Zimmerman also suffered bruising in the upper lip and cheek and lower back pain.
As it is, we seem to regard it as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has taken one side or the other. We regard it (in other words) as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has contrived to reach the object of his reasoning. We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.

Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

263 Recommends(s)
196 Recognized(s)

Postby Tigerman » 17 May 2012, 00:15

As it is, we seem to regard it as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has taken one side or the other. We regard it (in other words) as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has contrived to reach the object of his reasoning. We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.

Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

263 Recommends(s)
196 Recognized(s)

Postby Homey » 17 May 2012, 01:17

Tigerman wrote:Autopsy results show Trayvon Martin had injuries to his knuckles...

:ponder: I wonder how TM got those injuries???

Likely from punching Zimmerman. That tends to happen when you follow people at night.
Why not???

Forumosan avatar
Homey

2 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)

Postby Tigerman » 17 May 2012, 08:09

Homey wrote:Likely from punching Zimmerman. That tends to happen when you follow people at night.

Yes. No doubt from beating GZ. But, I don't know of any law that allows you to beat a person for following you. Do you?

Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

263 Recommends(s)
196 Recognized(s)

Postby Tigerman » 18 May 2012, 11:28

Cops, Witnesses Back Up George Zimmerman's Version of Trayvon Martin Shooting

The autopsy also shows that Zimmerman shot Martin from a distance of between 1 inch and 18 inches away, bolstering Zimmerman's claim that he shot Martin during a close struggle.

Witness Told Cops He Saw Trayvon Martin Straddling George Zimmerman And Punching Him "MMA Style"

Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

263 Recommends(s)
196 Recognized(s)

Postby bob » 18 May 2012, 19:47

THAT is the picture taken after the incident? Where's the "closed fracture" of his nose, pair of black eyes, bruisng in the upper lip and cheek?
bob
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

21 Recognized(s)

Postby Homey » 18 May 2012, 21:27

Tigerman wrote:
Homey wrote:Likely from punching Zimmerman. That tends to happen when you follow people at night.

Yes. No doubt from beating GZ. But, I don't know of any law that allows you to beat a person for following you. Do you?

I wouldn't know, laws aren't my thing. Laws have very little to do with morality, common sense and decency.

I do seem to remember you posting something that sure looked like it would cover it. Martin obviously felt scared and feared bodily harm or worse, as would anyone else in the same situation. A man has a right to defend himself and when running away doesn't stop the guy from following him it's quite clear that it's time to go on the offensive.

If you have any doubts about this feel free to profile random "suspicious" males at night, follow them, and then when they run to get away from you, continue following. See what happens and report back to us, but be a man leave your gun at home. I guarantee you that most everyone will feel that their life is in danger and the smart ones will go on the offensive once they realize that running away will not work. A few will just get pissed off and drop you immediately without running away. Zimmerman lost any right to claim self defense when he profiled and followed Martin, then continued to follow even though Martin tried to run away. Following someone that is running away from you and self defense don't go together. If he wanted to protect himself, then he would have just stayed in his truck and drove away.
Why not???

Forumosan avatar
Homey

2 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to International Politics