The Trayvon Martin Clusterf*ck

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Re: The Trayvon Martin Clusterf*ck

Postby Kea » 30 Apr 2012, 13:17

Another Q. Could it have happened like this: TM's girlfriend provided the testosterone push, incited TM to get aggressive, and like an excitable young man with he went back to have a confrontation with GZ?
The above is conjecture, and is not concerned with racial issues at all, only the emotions of a young man complaining to his GF that he had been followed.

Apologies if any facts are slightly wrong, I have not been following this very closely.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- Sir Winston Churchill
Forumosan avatar
Kea
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: 24 Mar 2004, 13:29
15 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: The Trayvon Martin Clusterf*ck

Postby Homey » 01 May 2012, 21:58

I always get a good laugh out of the old 'carrying a loaded gun for no reason and no intention of ever using it' argument.

I could carry around a vacuum cleaner with me, but I don't. I have no intention of USING a vacuum cleaner so why would I ever carry one around?

Same is true for guns. People carry guns for a reason. It was no accident that Zimmerman just happened to have a gun ready. How convenient.
Why not???

If you are what you eat, then I guess that makes me "fast, cheap, and easy"!
Forumosan avatar
Homey
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
 
Posts: 525
Joined: 20 Jan 2008, 00:27
2 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: The Trayvon Martin Clusterf*ck

Postby JMcNeill » 02 May 2012, 07:48

Homey wrote:I always get a good laugh out of the old 'carrying a loaded gun for no reason and no intention of ever using it' argument.

I could carry around a vacuum cleaner with me, but I don't. I have no intention of USING a vacuum cleaner so why would I ever carry one around?

Same is true for guns. People carry guns for a reason. It was no accident that Zimmerman just happened to have a gun ready. How convenient.


Complete bullshit. I always make sure that I have my wallet with me and cash in my pocket whenever I leave the house, even though I may not have any plans to spend any money. It is called being prepared for unanticipated things. I don't own a gun, but I can see why the head of a neighborhood watch group, in a neighborhood where there have been break-ins, might carry a gun, that he is legally allowed to carry, just in case.
JMcNeill
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
 
Posts: 752
Joined: 06 Jul 2004, 10:35
Location: bouncing between Japan, Taiwan and the US
2 Recommends(s)

6000

Re: The Trayvon Martin Clusterf*ck

Postby bohica » 02 May 2012, 10:18

Kind of going off on a tangent here, but so much for being a gated community eh? Isn't the reason rich people barricade themselves inside gated communities like the one Zimmerman lives in is to feel secure and keep out the riff raffs that is the 99%? And we find out that crimes occur just as frequently inside those walls and people doing neighborhood watch want to carry guns fo their safety. I guess not only do those gates not keep people out, but 1. you advertise that you're rich because you live there, and 2. crimes are less likely to be witnessed because there's far less pedestrian and passerby in your little paradise.
bohica
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
 
Posts: 238
Joined: 01 Jun 2011, 17:10
16 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: The Trayvon Martin Clusterf*ck

Postby Homey » 02 May 2012, 11:41

JMcNeill wrote:
Homey wrote:I always get a good laugh out of the old 'carrying a loaded gun for no reason and no intention of ever using it' argument.

I could carry around a vacuum cleaner with me, but I don't. I have no intention of USING a vacuum cleaner so why would I ever carry one around?

Same is true for guns. People carry guns for a reason. It was no accident that Zimmerman just happened to have a gun ready. How convenient.


Complete bullshit. I always make sure that I have my wallet with me and cash in my pocket whenever I leave the house, even though I may not have any plans to spend any money. It is called being prepared for unanticipated things. I don't own a gun, but I can see why the head of a neighborhood watch group, in a neighborhood where there have been break-ins, might carry a gun, that he is legally allowed to carry, just in case.


Good try. We all wish we never spent any money. You WILL spend money. Period, end of story. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not for months if your lucky, but you will spend money. The only reason for carrying a gun is if you have the intention of using it, otherwise leave it at home and fondle it when you get home. You don't carry something with you that you have no intention of ever using.
Why not???

If you are what you eat, then I guess that makes me "fast, cheap, and easy"!
Forumosan avatar
Homey
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
 
Posts: 525
Joined: 20 Jan 2008, 00:27
2 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: The Trayvon Martin Clusterf*ck

Postby Mick » 02 May 2012, 11:55

Homey wrote:Good try. We all wish we never spent any money. You WILL spend money. Period, end of story. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not for months if your lucky, but you will spend money. The only reason for carrying a gun is if you have the intention of using it, otherwise leave it at home and fondle it when you get home. You don't carry something with you that you have no intention of ever using.


There was a guy doing a AMA (ask me anything) on Reddit a while back, he had shot 2 guys and killed one. Basically he was walking home late and a a gang approached him and his girlfriend with baseball bats and were saying they were going to rape his girlfriend. When one took a swing at him with a baseball bat he pulled his gun and shot him in the chest killing him instantly, another he shot and injured, the others fled. No charges were ever filed against him.

He had said, he carried the gun loaded and with safety off with the full intention of using it if he had to, as he said, there is no point carrying a gun unless you are prepared to use it. But that's not the same as he wanted to use it, or looked for a situation where he could use it, or even provoked a situation where it was necessary and on this occasion, would you think he would have been better off not carrying a gun?

I understand peoples views on guns, I am against them, but that is the law where Zimmerman lives, he was not breaking any law by carrying a gun.
Forumosan avatar
Mick
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
 
Posts: 2937
Joined: 13 Aug 2006, 18:36
Location: Taipei
50 Recommends(s)
70 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: The Trayvon Martin Clusterf*ck

Postby rodeo » 02 May 2012, 12:02

I guess that means Martin wanted to be a diabetic.
Image
The difference between a skeptic and a cynic is about 500 books.

This post was recommended by Tigerman (02 May 2012, 12:04)
Rating: 5.88%
rodeo
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
 
Posts: 435
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 07:12
14 Recommends(s)
18 Recognized(s)

6000

The Trayvon Martin Clusterf*ck

Postby headhonchoII » 02 May 2012, 12:04

JMcNeill wrote:
Homey wrote:I always get a good laugh out of the old 'carrying a loaded gun for no reason and no intention of ever using it' argument.

I could carry around a vacuum cleaner with me, but I don't. I have no intention of USING a vacuum cleaner so why would I ever carry one around?

Same is true for guns. People carry guns for a reason. It was no accident that Zimmerman just happened to have a gun ready. How convenient.


Complete bullshit. I always make sure that I have my wallet with me and cash in my pocket whenever I leave the house, even though I may not have any plans to spend any money. It is called being prepared for unanticipated things. I don't own a gun, but I can see why the head of a neighborhood watch group, in a neighborhood where there have been break-ins, might carry a gun, that he is legally allowed to carry, just in case.


Doesn't seem very safe to me people walking around with guns in a neighborhood essentially doing the police's job. I don't think I would like my kids to be in their proximity.

Let me ask you a question? Would you be happy if your own kids were in his proximity? Maybe kids are kids messing around in a backyard and are mistaken for burglars?
What about if he starts following them around the neighborhood? Maybe they throw a rock at him to tell him to piss off? Maybe they have a toy gun and start joshing around? What if your kids were black?

Gated community? Shouldn't they have security guards and surveillance cameras, there is no need to throw an untrained resident who could have any type of psychiatric history carrying a loaded gun into the mix. What a dumb idea if the idea is 'safety'.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)
 
Posts: 12183
Joined: 26 Aug 2002, 10:40
Location: Taipei
1485 Recommends(s)
556 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: The Trayvon Martin Clusterf*ck

Postby Tigerman » 02 May 2012, 12:09

headhonchoII wrote:What a dumb idea if the idea is 'safety'.


If TM attacked GZ, it seems it was a good idea, for GZ.
As it is, we seem to regard it as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has taken one side or the other. We regard it (in other words) as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has contrived to reach the object of his reasoning. We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.

From: All Things Considered - The Error of Impartiality
Forumosan avatar
Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 17416
Joined: 17 Sep 2002, 12:09
233 Recommends(s)
158 Recognized(s)

6000

The Trayvon Martin Clusterf*ck

Postby headhonchoII » 02 May 2012, 12:10

Tigerman wrote:
headhonchoII wrote:What a dumb idea if the idea is 'safety'.


If TM attacked GZ, it seems it was a good idea, for GZ.


That's ignoring my point.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)
 
Posts: 12183
Joined: 26 Aug 2002, 10:40
Location: Taipei
1485 Recommends(s)
556 Recognized(s)

6000

PreviousNext




Return to International Politics



Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 1 visitor

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up -- GALATIANS 6:9