Marion Barry Attacks Asians

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Re: Marion Barry Attacks Asians

Postby DesperateHousewife » 08 Apr 2012, 15:26

jdsmith wrote:
BigJohn wrote:The whole racial politics thing in the US is a horrible mess.

Overall, I think having a half-decent POTUS like Obama has helped things, but clowns like Barry should be a source of deep embarrassment to any African American.

Obama has HELPED race relations?

Oh dood, can I hit on that?

Image :)

Obama's election proved to many of us that yeah, we don't really care about race, but he personally has done jack squat to better race relations. He may just have made electing the SECOND black man impossible though. What an albatross. :lol:

Sorry, but I can't see how Obama is somehow responsible for betting race relations. If anything, you'd think many of the conservative cloth would be happy that he's not a relaxed-hair wearing, sermon giving, civil rights holler every time race DOES enter the picture. IF anything, the possibility of electing another black man to office might be hard due to --- oh let's say HIS POLICIES --- rather than because of his poor race relations. And uh, race does matter, that is if you were in the States, and not watching from your electronic Easy Boy. The GOP and right-wing nutbags have been hammering the sh*t out of him. Clinton couldn't get this fucked while during his time in office, and we all know he dayum well tried hard. :wink:
The reason you get married is to have someone be a witness to your life.......Desperate Housewives s1e20
DesperateHousewife
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby DesperateHousewife » 08 Apr 2012, 15:34

Okami wrote:4. Anyone who doesn't think African Americans are racist is delusional.

And this is where the kettle (i.e. your avatar) gets the call the pot black? As someone said, let's not paint EVERYONE with the same broad stroke, but also remember that "brothas" have it hard in this cold, cruel world called America and they need support. Hence explains why Barry was re-elected.

But why would you expect high ethics from a crackhead? That's like expecting Clinton not to ogle at a beautiful woman.
The reason you get married is to have someone be a witness to your life.......Desperate Housewives s1e20
DesperateHousewife
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 08 Apr 2012, 16:07

DesperateHousewife wrote:Sorry, but I can't see how Obama is somehow responsible for betting race relations. If anything, you'd think many of the conservative cloth would be happy that he's not a relaxed-hair wearing, sermon giving, civil rights holler every time race DOES enter the picture. IF anything, the possibility of electing another black man to office might be hard due to --- oh let's say HIS POLICIES --- rather than because of his poor race relations. And uh, race does matter, that is if you were in the States, and not watching from your electronic Easy Boy. The GOP and right-wing nutbags have been hammering the sh*t out of him. Clinton couldn't get this fucked while during his time in office, and we all know he dayum well tried hard. :wink:

It would have been nice if Obama had been elected on his policies. :roll:
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby DesperateHousewife » 08 Apr 2012, 16:27

jdsmith wrote:
DesperateHousewife wrote:Sorry, but I can't see how Obama is somehow responsible for betting race relations. If anything, you'd think many of the conservative cloth would be happy that he's not a relaxed-hair wearing, sermon giving, civil rights holler every time race DOES enter the picture. IF anything, the possibility of electing another black man to office might be hard due to --- oh let's say HIS POLICIES --- rather than because of his poor race relations. And uh, race does matter, that is if you were in the States, and not watching from your electronic Easy Boy. The GOP and right-wing nutbags have been hammering the sh*t out of him. Clinton couldn't get this fucked while during his time in office, and we all know he dayum well tried hard. :wink:

It would have been nice if Obama had been elected on his policies. :roll:

Yea, it would have been nice if I had won the Mega Lottery last week, but I didn't. We all can't have what we want, now can we? :lol:
DesperateHousewife
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby BigJohn » 09 Apr 2012, 13:33

jdsmith wrote:
BigJohn wrote:
My point is that Obama has shown black Americans that they can aspire to the top job in the world, and that they will not be denied it on the basis of their ethnicity. In the long term, this will only help heal wounds that came about because of slavery, segregation etc.

Obama was backed by the white power elite in the Democratic party, people who grew to absolutely HATE the Clintons. Race was a wild card in 2008 and it worked and the Democrats ran the table. I really think the social wounds from slavery and segregation have healed, but the new ones brought about from Social Engineering are even larger.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by social engineering? The term is very wide in how it can be applied, so maybe you could give three or four examples of programs that you assert have scarred Americans more than slavery and segregation.

In general, I agree that there is too much whining and blaming from "oppressed minorities". But a guy like Obama sets an example, both that no job is inaccessible for blacks, and that they can aspire to the apex of power. This tends to undermine the idea that "the system is rigged against them".
Forumosan avatar
BigJohn
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

105 Recognized(s)

Previous

Return to International Politics