Sensational new claims about expat's mystery death in hotel

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Re: Sensational new claims about expat's mystery death in hotel

Postby ChewDawg » 17 Apr 2012, 15:09

Jive Turkey wrote: Suffice it to say that Neil Heywood got in WAY over his head.

To me, it reiterates how you just don't fuck with the Princeling faction within the CCP (the children/grandchildren of many of the CCP's first generation). These are nasty fuckers with a sense of entitlement that will do anything to maintain their influence.
Even if he was involved in graft, I can't see how he deserved what he got.

He didn't deserve it, but surely he must have known that when you commit adultery and ingratiate yourself to princeling populists with decidedly leftist politics (perfect description of Bo and Gu) that were challenging the status quo people within the party, things may take a turn for the worse. I agree with some CCP officials that say "Bo Xilai was trying to open up the wounds of the cultural revolution again" with his poverty campaigns while mayor. Exacerbating class divisions big time.

If Gu did kill him, I hope she gets a bullet in the back of the head for taking away two children's daddy.

She's kind of hot in a MILFY way. I hope they spare her and send her to a re-education camp in the provinces that makes sex toys with cheap prison labour! :lol: :D
So I got an expresso and a hot burrito!
Forumosan avatar
ChewDawg
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

110 Recommends(s)
93 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 17 Apr 2012, 22:49

Helping up and coming figures in Chinese politics in illegal monetary gains. And threatening exposure pretty much ensured his murder.

Even the thought that he may expose them causes them to want to eliminate the danger. Because graft in China can and does often result in the death penalty. For Bo and his wife Gu, the threat was too great, the fall too far.
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

607 Recommends(s)
376 Recognized(s)

Sensational new claims about expat's mystery death in hotel

Postby headhonchoII » 17 Apr 2012, 23:20

Yes but obviously there was more to it than that. Why did the police chief go to the American embassy instead of to the central government? Isn't that very odd?

He was afraid of both Bo and his rivals in government, otherwise he could have just given Bo up directly.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1719 Recommends(s)
622 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 17 Apr 2012, 23:26

headhonchoII wrote:Yes but obviously there was more to it than that. Why did the police chief go to the American embassy instead of to the central government? Isn't that very odd?

He was afraid of both Bo and his rivals in government, otherwise he could have just given Bo up directly.

When you have damning evidence against a prince in Chinese politics one must be careful of ones life as well. I am sure he felt he needed a govt he can trust (USA) to keep him alive until the news is out on BO.

BO is no little Bo Peep.
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

607 Recommends(s)
376 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 20 Apr 2012, 06:29

Further developments, actually some background on Wangs' attempt to defect at the American Embassy, and the refusal of the current admin to accept him.

Frenzied hours for US on fate of a China insider

Looks like this guy was a deep source for info on the upper echelons of PRC power struggle.

I guess he'll not be executed until after Nov. 2012.
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 20 Apr 2012, 12:53

I think each day is going to bring more details of this ongoing saga from the Middle Kingdom.

Here is the latest:

Dozens under arrest in China in connection with Bo Xilai scandal
(excert)
"China has detained dozens people with connections to Bo Xilai, it was claimed as the Communist party pledged to "thoroughly investigate" the politician and his wife's alleged role in the death of British businessman Neil Heywood. "
At least 39 people are thought to be being held, alongside Mr Bo, in the seaside town of Beidaihe, a favourite retreat for Communist party leaders.

"The detainees include Xu Ming, who had a very special relationship with Mr Bo, and some of the people who worked with him," said Wang Kang, a well-connected independent scholar and public figure in Chongqing who is the only person with inside information on Mr Bo's removal from power to go on the record.

"The detainees are mainly people from Dalian and other places, not from Chongqing," he added. Mr Xu is one of China's richest men, a billionaire who heads the Dalian Shide industrial conglomerate. The 41-year-old has not been seen at the company since mid-March.

One of the people in custody is Xia Deling, the former party chief of Nan'an district in Chongqing, the area in which Mr Heywood's body was discovered, on November 15, in the Nanshan Lijing Holiday Hotel.

Mr Xia has been rumoured to have supplied the cyanide that killed Mr Heywood. However, Mr Wang suggested that this is unlikely. "Xia Deling was promoted from the countryside to his post in Nan'an, skipping up two ranks, so he was very loyal. But I do not think he would have personally obtained the poison," he said.

Quite a story this is.
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
------
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Jive Turkey » 20 Apr 2012, 14:06

There would have been a snowball's chance in hell of Wang Lijun making it from the consulate in Chengdu to the United States. Note that it took all kinds of bargaining and horse trading to get Fang Lizhi out of the Beijing embassy in 1990. That guy was merely a thorn in the CCP's side, and he was a decent fellow who was worth the effort on the part of the USG. Wang Lijun is the kind of scumbag who you would smuggle out if you could manage it, but not the sort who could be allowed in the front door of the consulate and be granted assylum. The Chinese would have put a bullet through his skull at the first opportunity if he had actually been granted assylum, and that opportunity would have come long before he set foot in the US. I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the room where he stayed while in the consulate, though.
Jive Turkey
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

19 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 20 Apr 2012, 18:23

More info trickling out on this...

Bo Xilai 'responsible for two more deaths'
"In a bid to quash an investigation into his wife for the murder of Neil Heywood, Bo Xilai had at least seven people seized and tortured two to death, according to a document read out to Chinese government officials."
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
------
------
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to International Politics