Hypocrisy Regarding Climate Change

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Re: Hypocrisy Regarding Climate Change

Postby fred smith » 10 May 2012, 18:57

We employ over 5,000 staff

Okay. WWF EMPLOYS 5,000 staff so these are NOT volunteers. But it does NOT say how many are "nonsalaried" in the parlance so beloved of CF Images. So, how does this factor into its $9 million in administrative costs IF these expenses are NOT coming out of program expenses? We have 80% of WWF workers by admission of its OWN web site getting at least $50,000. What gives? Is this an error? Ultimately the MAIN point remains that NGO workers are NOT underpaid; they are NOT enlightened being sacrificing for the common good as in many cases they make far more than the average private-sector, non-NGO worker, AND ultimately what do or have they achieved? except sing along with me you all know the words: empowered people and raised awareness. Bullshit!
Forumosan avatar
fred smith
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

1 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby fred smith » 10 May 2012, 18:59

1. In our
first year, we
bought an area
of wetland
on Spain’s
Guadalquivir
River to create
a haven for
millions of
migrating birds.
2. Around
10 per cent
of the world’s
wetlands are now
protected under
the Ramsar
Convention,
which we helped
establish.
3. We led calls
for the creation of
the Convention on
International Trade
in Endangered
Species (CITES).
Controlling the
wildlife trade has
saved many species
from extinction.
4. We
popularized
the concept
of sustainable
development
by co-authoring
the World
Conservation
Strategy.
5. We were the
first international
conservation
organization
invited to work
in China, where
we’ve helped
giant panda
numbers increase
to 1,600.
6. Our
campaigning
helped secure
an international
ban on
commercial
whaling.
7. The Convention
on Biological
Diversity (CBD)
was launched
at the Rio Earth
Summit – we
played a major
role in creating this
landmark treaty

IN 50 years, these are the top 7 accomplishments of an organization that has a reported income of a quarter of a billion dollars every year. REALLY? These are the seven that it chooses to highlight to prove its value add? Really?
Forumosan avatar
fred smith
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

1 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 10 May 2012, 19:02

You lost the argument when you started disparaging the other poster's supposed profession as an English teacher as if that was relevant, but you then made a complete idiot of yourself as he is actually a photographer!
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1828 Recommends(s)
655 Recognized(s)

Postby fred smith » 10 May 2012, 19:06

You lost the argument when you started disparaging the other poster's supposed profession as an English teacher as if that was relevant, but you then made a complete idiot of yourself as he is actually a photographer!

Gosh really? one can lose an argument because one "engages in name calling?" One can lose an argument because the facts are no longer important; only the motivation is? Gosh... you mean like he is really a photographer? kinda sorta like his signature which explains all? I would NEVER have seen that coming! Thanks for explaining.

Summary: Fred loses this argument because he called someone an English teacher. Whooooooo ....

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Forumosan avatar
fred smith
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

1 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 10 May 2012, 19:16

If no-one wants to read your diatribe then yes, you have lost the argument, you may aswell be muttering to yourself in your soiled pants :).
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1828 Recommends(s)
655 Recognized(s)

Postby fred smith » 10 May 2012, 19:20

All right...

Summary: Fred is right; Fred is also an asshole.

Are we all in agreement now?

Wuv

Fred the Diatribist who cannot photograph
Forumosan avatar
fred smith
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

1 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby fred smith » 12 May 2012, 11:45

Absolutely shameless. Marketing of useless consumer products in the supposed aim of a noble idea, while pandering to populist posturing over pandas and polar bears to generate income to fund $70,000 plus average salaries and $470,000 for the CEO, while claiming to care? How exactly does flooding the world with stuffed animals help to save the polar bear?

With your adoption you will receive a plush polar bear (7") and matching tote (9-1/2" W x 6-3/4" D x 15-3/4" H). Reusable tote is made from 30-50% recycled material. Adoption kit also includes an adoption certificate, polar bear photo and brochure.

Help WWF's global conservation efforts.

Select Monthly Gift Amount:
Gift amount is required.

$20 $15 $10 $8* $5 Other * Making a monthly donation of at least $8 entitles you to a free gift

https://support.worldwildlife.org/site/ ... bear_adopt
Forumosan avatar
fred smith
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

1 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby BigJohn » 12 May 2012, 12:12

Wow! They sell polar teddy bears to raise money and awareness of the alleged impact of AGW on polar bears! What a commie conspiracy!
Forumosan avatar
BigJohn
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

1 Recommends(s)
121 Recognized(s)

Postby fred smith » 12 May 2012, 14:12

Au contraire. Not a commie conspiracy in the least but a strangely capitalist market-oriented approach that would seem to put paid to the "selfless" "anti-market" "anticonsumerist" message that the bien pensant sell the rest of us. Therein lies the irony but... I am not surprised that you of all people failed to get that... by the way, have you already bought one? and have you proudly framed your adoption certificate? Ah... you have, haven't you? and who would have seen that coming... certainly not I! :) :) :)
Forumosan avatar
fred smith
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

1 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby BigJohn » 12 May 2012, 15:07

fred smith wrote:Au contraire. Not a commie conspiracy in the least but a strangely capitalist market-oriented approach that would seem to put paid to the "selfless" "anti-market" "anticonsumerist" message that the bien pensant sell the rest of us. Therein lies the irony but... I am not surprised that you of all people failed to get that... by the way, have you already bought one? and have you proudly framed your adoption certificate? Ah... you have, haven't you? and who would have seen that coming... certainly not I! :) :) :)

So you want them to be commies? Would that be more pure? What's wrong with polar bear toys?

And who said that the WWF was anti-consumerist? Are you not just shamelessly lumping together NGOs and Adbusters types?

In fact, the WWF was cofounded by a Rockerfeller and has the Duke of Edinburgh as a prominent supporter.

Fred, you appear to have absolutely no point here whatsoever!

And yes, I have my bear. I've called him Freddie Smithy and have dressed him in an OWS T-shirt!
Forumosan avatar
BigJohn

1 Recommends(s)
121 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to International Politics