Hypocrisy in Liberal and Conservatives Ideals and Platforms

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Re: Hypocrisy in Liberal and Conservatives Ideals and Platforms

Postby ChewDawg » 29 Apr 2012, 09:12

Homey wrote:The guns and religion crowd are an interesting group.

Not as interesting as the tofu, teaching and ESL group.

I always wonder:

What kind of rifle, pistol, or automatic weapon would Jesus carry if he were around?

An Uzi :lol: He'd want to 'buy local' if he were the opposite of the guns and religion crowd (or free market conservatives) as you suggest he would be. :lol:
So I got an expresso and a hot burrito!
Forumosan avatar
ChewDawg
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

110 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby Chris » 29 Apr 2012, 09:22

Homey wrote:The guns and religion crowd are an interesting group. I always wonder:

What kind of rifle, pistol, or automatic weapon would Jesus carry if he were around?

Same with the sports and religion crowd. Rough, ass-kicking "kill, kill, win, win!" competitive sports seem incongruous with humble, selfless "do unto others and serve the least of our brothers" faith.
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

91 Recommends(s)
203 Recognized(s)

Postby Deuce Dropper » 29 Apr 2012, 11:28

ChewDawg wrote:
Homey wrote:The guns and religion crowd are an interesting group.

Not as interesting as the tofu, teaching and ESL group.

I always wonder:

A Uzi :lol: He'd want to 'buy local' if he were the opposite of the guns and religion crowd (or free market conservatives) as you suggest he would be. :lol:

Goddamn boy, some English teachers must have treated you horribly in your time here. From your posting I presume you have been off the island a few years, yet you still seem MASSIVELY butthurt and never miss an opportunity to take a cheap shot (no matter how irrelevant) back at them.

Let's have it ChewEy, what happened? You can come clean now, getting this off your chest might be very therapeutic, c'mon son, peel off the band aid...and tell us, what the hell did they do to you?
Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
93 Recommends(s)
468 Recognized(s)

Postby urodacus » 29 Apr 2012, 11:35

I think Jesus is more of a Desert Eagle kind of guy.

That, and some kind of street sweeper for going postal on y'all.
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!

Too many people! Almost all of the world's problems are due to overpopulation. The rest are due to religion.

50% of the world's wild animals have disappeared in the last 50 years. Did you eat them, or eat their house?
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

220 Recommends(s)
275 Recognized(s)

Postby Deuce Dropper » 29 Apr 2012, 11:47

Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper

ORIGINAL POSTER
93 Recommends(s)
468 Recognized(s)

Postby Got To Be Kidding » 29 Apr 2012, 11:57

Deuce Dropper wrote:
Not about being granular, it is about the big picture, because if we did get granular we could say that social welfare is indeed Darwinian because we are trying to do this to better our communities (that which surrounds us) to ensure we can more easily thrive and procreate in a safe environment (survival of the fittest).

So there is no doubt that the initial premise can be shot down, but the question is why do such diametrically opposed viewpoints go undiscussed or observed when they are so often key components of the rhetoric.

No, it's all about getting 'granular' - that is if you truly want to get to the bottom of your question.

What you are really asking is why do we engage in objectification and making stereotypes and broad generalizations. It's a whole lot easier to bash people when you've turned them into a stereotype and then stripped away their humanity. After all, when a person is no longer a person, and is now an object, it's easy to destroy them.

People manipulate us into engaging in conflict by keeping us from getting down to the human level.

If you're not really interested in resolving the question, and just want to get into a few self-satisfying whacks because you're upset, I understand. It's cathartic. Whack away.

But, let's not confuse this with reasoning and conflict resolution.
israeloutlook.com

Liberalism - politics for those who can't do math.
Forumosan avatar
Got To Be Kidding
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

49 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby ChewDawg » 29 Apr 2012, 14:39

Deuce Dropper wrote:

Goddamn boy, some English teachers must have treated you horribly in your time here. From your posting I presume you have been off the island a few years, yet you still seem MASSIVELY butthurt and never miss an opportunity to take a cheap shot (no matter how irrelevant) back at them.

Don't hate teachers and certainly enjoyed drinking with a few in Taipei. Just think the profession for foreigners should be highly regulated in Taiwan to make sure that Canadian P.T. Barnum types with no teaching credentials stay away and don't shape the minds of vulnerable poorer populations. Bring over non-union but certified teachers not backpackers/coffee baristas. Holy shit. I'm taking a very left wing position here. :lol: :lol:
So I got an expresso and a hot burrito!
Forumosan avatar
ChewDawg

110 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby Deuce Dropper » 29 Apr 2012, 15:23

Got To Be Kidding wrote:
Deuce Dropper wrote:
Not about being granular, it is about the big picture, because if we did get granular we could say that social welfare is indeed Darwinian because we are trying to do this to better our communities (that which surrounds us) to ensure we can more easily thrive and procreate in a safe environment (survival of the fittest).

So there is no doubt that the initial premise can be shot down, but the question is why do such diametrically opposed viewpoints go undiscussed or observed when they are so often key components of the rhetoric.

No, it's all about getting 'granular' - that is if you truly want to get to the bottom of your question.

What you are really asking is why do we engage in objectification and making stereotypes and broad generalizations. It's a whole lot easier to bash people when you've turned them into a stereotype and then stripped away their humanity. After all, when a person is no longer a person, and is now an object, it's easy to destroy them.

People manipulate us into engaging in conflict by keeping us from getting down to the human level.

If you're not really interested in resolving the question, and just want to get into a few self-satisfying whacks because you're upset, I understand. It's cathartic. Whack away.

Where is the conflict? I am simply asking why 'Ideals' and 'Platforms' (as in the title) are portrayed in such contrasting ways. Not looking for a few self-satisfying whacks, and if anything you came into this thread with a bit of beef and perhaps a bone to pick, so it might be wise to take a bit of your own advice (unless this was a crafty sarcastic example of further hypocrisy and if that is the case, I applaud you for guile).
Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper

ORIGINAL POSTER
93 Recommends(s)
468 Recognized(s)

Postby Steviebike » 29 Apr 2012, 16:00

Homey wrote:The guns and religion crowd are an interesting group. I always wonder:

UZI.
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby Got To Be Kidding » 29 Apr 2012, 17:24

Deuce Dropper wrote:
Got To Be Kidding wrote:
Deuce Dropper wrote:

Where is the conflict? I am simply asking why 'Ideals' and 'Platforms' (as in the title) are portrayed in such contrasting ways. Not looking for a few self-satisfying whacks, and if anything you came into this thread with a bit of beef and perhaps a bone to pick, so it might be wise to take a bit of your own advice (unless this was a crafty sarcastic example of further hypocrisy and if that is the case, I applaud you for guile).

What 'beef' or 'bone' would I have to pick with you?

Would you believe that I really wasn't being sarcastic?

And yes, there is conflict. It's inherent in the subject that you chose, and in some of what you said.

You ask the question about hypocrisy. You can't call it hypocrisy until you've thoroughly examined the motives of either side, and when you do that, the issue gets a lot more complicated.

The only way to understand the issue is to get down to the level of the individual. Of course, when you get down to the level of the individual, you find out that 'Liberal' and 'Conservative' are false dichotomies.
israeloutlook.com

Liberalism - politics for those who can't do math.
Forumosan avatar
Got To Be Kidding

49 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to International Politics